Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv analog or ip

• 26-06-2020 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi There,

Im currently looking into getting a 4 cam cctv system installed, my question is whether to put in an IP system or an analog,
    i currently have 4 cat5e cables ran to 4 seperate location all coming back to a central point in the house beside my router and there is also a gigabit switch there but is there a massive lag using ip cameras over analog as i could use balun to connect analog instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

IP is better but there is still a good picture off HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I installed 2 Swann cameras HD from curries. Cheap and cheerful at 180 and easy to install. Pic is great but the app is dreadful, I foolishly didn't look into their app beforehand and only found out afterwards that its terrible, won't load half the time, crashes when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tommiekly84

Is there a lag with the nvr with ip cameras compared to DVR with analog

Is there a lag with the nvr with ip cameras compared to DVR with analog

A lag when? Do you mean when accessing via a network or the NVR?

I was told that when using up cameras that when you aceess the footage over WiFi the footage appears to be jumping all over the place

• Advertisement

I was told that when using up cameras that when you aceess the footage over WiFi the footage appears to be jumping all over the place

That totally depends on your broadband and that still happens over a HD system aswell. The minimum upload you would need for remote viewing without getting stutter/lag would be around 2mbs.

I have 3 1080p HD cameras on my parents house and their internet connection has less than 2mbs upload (rural broadband) yet the remote viewing still works. In this instance there is lag but it is still viewable.

Check your upload speed on your network and you will know for sure then.

Cheers my upload is super quick. My isp is virrgin. So i shouldn't haveA problem

Cheers my upload is super quick. My isp is virrgin. So i shouldn't haveA problem

Nope you shouldn't. HD is good but IP is better. If you have the money to put in IP i would. It is pretty much all we install these days unless the customer insists on a HD system which of course would be cheaper.

I'd say I'd go with ip. You hardly have any recommendations as for which system to go for.

I'd say I'd go with ip. You hardly have any recommendations as for which system to go for.

HIKvision would be very good.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I was looking into annke but have been told hikvision or dahua would be a better job altogether

Thanks for that. I was looking into annke but have been told hikvision or dahua would be a better job altogether

100% they would.

I got quoted these earlier,

https://www.freetv.ie/4-way-nvr/
    https://www.freetv.ie/turret-network-cameras/,

Would they be up to it or should I get something better

Thanks

I got quoted these earlier,

https://www.freetv.ie/4-way-nvr/
    https://www.freetv.ie/turret-network-cameras/,

Would they be up to it or should I get something better

Thanks

Yeah they are a good system. I have a dahua system in the parents place and my brothers place. No issues with them at all.

The app for remote viewing is easy to use and reliable.

Advertisement