Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Mary Robinson bleating on at a conference about the importance of human rights for girls yet seemingly not feeling that Princess Latifa whom she wrote off as a 'troubled young woman' when she tried to escape from her father, deserved any rights at all when she covered it up for the father and the Irish Press not calling her out on that even though the event is being held in Ireland. Yet the Princesses mother is currently in London trying to divorce her husband and get custody of the kids so they don't disappear like their 2 half sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

GAA revenue €73.9 million in 2019 and they charge kids full price for All Ireland finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

people who equate revenue with profit.

high gaa final ticketprices for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Finding a single flea on your doggo.....

...f****************k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

TA when it's on a group page and two people start having a chat, did they never hear of PMs?

'Oh hope you're all keeping well. x'
    'All good. x'

And so on.
    Go away. And take your xxxxx with you. :rolleyes:
    Or when they do PM, its preceded by "u ok bbz? PM me" :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

No one needs a guard chihuahua!
    ...and no, it's constant barking is. not. cute!

I am this !! close to losing it with neighbours :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or when they do PM, its preceded by "u ok bbz? PM me" :/

And another TA. Someone asking a question or looking for a recommendation.
    And people post as though they were the first with the answer. But they weren't, so now there's 100 posts all with the exact same information.

I recommend Joe Soap.
    Joe Soap
    Joe Soap
    Joe Soap
    Joe Soap
    Joe Soap

Joe Soap
    Joe Soap

And on it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

GAA revenue €73.9 million in 2019 and they charge kids full price for All Ireland finals.

Watching the Tyrone/Kerry lads out in atrocious weather last Sunday. They're the people generating this income, plus all the volunteers around the country.

Finding a single flea on your doggo.....

...f****************k

Use of the word doggo and pupper to describe dogs and pups is cringe inducing.

The same with "tans" to refer to British people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Deja Boo wrote: »
    No one needs a guard chihuahua!
    ...and no, it's constant barking is. not. cute!

I am this !! close to losing it with neighbours :mad:

Your not in Salthill, Galway by any chance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ta last night = Headboard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I wear smart office wear in work, shirt, slacks, shoes

Today I forgot my shoes and so must wear bright blue runners with my slacks

Looks stupid !!

I’ll brazen it out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA theres only 1 purple eyeshadow I like and it's only available in a €50 mixed pallette, which Ive bought twice before and that shade broke and fell out both of those times. It's the best colour for green eyes.

TA makeup pencils that go hard and fall out of the wooden body or drag the skin and leave barely a trace. UD "Perversion" liner was a repeat offender.I TA the plastic tube around them.Pointless and Harder to sharpen.

TA people bringing the past into everything. Was admiring the grounds of an old estate; its basically re-wilded itself & looks like a fairytale scene. My friend dismissed it with a sneer. "Protestant estate. " Must be missing out on a lot of good things if that's the attitude.

TA That Playboy bunny logo on bed sets and jewellery and accessories aimed at teenagers.

Ta, a tshirt with the words "ironic logo". No, that's worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that the girls giving my training starting at 9.30 are still gossiping amongst themselves with no sign of starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The lack of personal space. I've had people in supermarkets so close to me I could kiss. Not that I would, well a few I probably would,heh.But that's not the point, backup and give me space and time to get what I need and I'll move on.

I was queueing for food yesterday in a garage. An overly excited girl explaining to her friend how the Chinese offering was. Pointing in over myself and my mates shoulder. She wasn't best pleased when told to get back in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Philip Schofield and the words brave and hero in the one sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Be right back

SAMTALK wrote: »

I feel sorry for his wife.

I feel sorry for his wife.

In one way I do but if she knows a while why stay with him

Clean him out and off you go !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Dial Hard wrote: »
    It's not a paywall, you just have to register.

It is now for selected articles €9.99 a month. Not a huge amount, but when you add it to Netflix, Dropbox, LinkedIn & misc others, it all adds up. I've been cutting down on my subscriptions, not seeking to add a new one.

In one way I do but if she knows a while why stay with him

Clean him out and off you go !

Perhaps they had an open marriage.

• Advertisement

Perhaps they had an open marriage.

Perhaps and fair play if thats what suits but TA'd at all the media attention this is getting and making him out to be a hero.

No he's not a hero, just somebody who jumped before he was pushed IMO

Perhaps and fair play if thats what suits but TA'd at all the media attention this is getting and making him out to be a hero.

Yeah, I reckon someone was going to sell a story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Yes, quite a few rumours being bandied about re a certain staff member of the show being in talks with a redtop paper to sell the story..... sting is out of the tale a little now though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Same. He made a lie of their entire lives together. I don't get why he married her, knowing he was never going to be sexually attracted to her. People are falling over themselves saying, "oh it wasn't easy to come out then" which is fair enough - don't come out. But you don't have to go so far as to marry someone in order to cover up. I can't imagine how she feels :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oscar Wilde-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Aunts and uncles who got council houses or council mortgages in the 70's & 80's giving me flak for not owning my own house yet.

Seanachai wrote: »
    Aunts and uncles who got council houses or council mortgages in the 70's & 80's giving me flak for not owning my own house yet.

Cousins in their twenties with more kids than jobs on their CV making disparaging remarks about the other side of the family who either a) can't afford to have kids yet or b) have to fork out a fortune in childcare to keep that second job which pays the mortgage........."I'd never let someone else rear my kids....."

Newsflash, sweetheart, I'm paying €250 a week in tax which is about the same as you get in the labour office every week.......I AM raising your kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Anyone else annoyed by that car ad where the car stops by itself when there's a sheep in the road? What if there was a truck behind you? It's probably designed for pedestrians, but I want to choose when my car stops - not some forward looking sensor!

Also, I'd give it about five minutes before pedestrians start bullying the car by stepping out in front of it when they want to cross the road, and/or kids causing traffic accidents for lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Seanachai wrote: »

I bet they are all living over on the Daily Mail website spouting bile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

My car got keyed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement