Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

For almost a week, this bus driver has been blaring politics on the radio. He never plays music this loud, nor any other form of radio.

I have no interest in politics in the slightest (as I had already expressed on this thread about a month ago) and I feel like everywhere I go I HAVE to have it shoved down my throat anyway.

All of my in laws were over watching it on the telly on Sunday and they all kept asking me who i voted for.

I said i don't vote and they all gasped in shock telling me it's a waste of a vote.

I DON'T GIVE A FŪCK.

Also, it's not a waste. I'm not from here and haven't even gotten citizenship (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That snow can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That snow can feck off

Agree.

Any grown adult who delights in the snow arriving either doesn't live in an elevated rural area and needs their car to travel to work, or doesn't work at all.

Almost crashed my car on the lane before I even reached the road this morning. Delightful experience.

Snow me hole.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at people who don't get back you over making plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Colleagues once thought that could be somewhat trusted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Colleagues once thought that could be somewhat trusted

It's an absolute minefield wrt who to trust in the workplace - I've found that out the hard way. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dropping money in my bedroom.Where the hell did it go.Its only 2 euro but still.I heard it drop,then nothing,its like its disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that I was not included in Seph's plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When people have to eat before they get a move on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why can't people who organise meetings turn up on time?

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Dropping money in my bedroom.Where the hell did it go.Its only 2 euro but still.I heard it drop,then nothing,its like its disappeared.

You can buy Tesco blueberries for that. Well they are €1.98

Don't forget 0.02¢ coins are no longer given as change in Tesco or other shops. <<TA of this post!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd that Indo has put a paywall in place. Oh well, at least my productive time will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who drive to and get stuck at the Sally Gap, knowing that it is impassable, resulting in resources having to be used to get them out. Not quite as bad as those who "go to the pier to see the waves" during a storm but the sentiment is the same. Leave them feckin there.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

just been on the ireland section of Reddit and it's refreshing to see so many similar threads about the election, each thread has interesting posts and with the read, and not like around here where a new thread will be lumped in with another thread so as to bury the chance of discussing a particular topic

I have election fatigue already, might reach for the cyanide pill.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

storker wrote: »
    TA'd that Indo has put a paywall in place. Oh well, at least my productive time will increase.

http://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx
    Log in using you library card no. (or 9000000 if you're stuck), select Ireland, and Bob's your uncle. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who re-post their facebook posts from years ago. :confused: Usually a photo of them where they think they look the business on a night out or whatever. And some smokescreen comment that "justifies" posting it again. "Oh those were the days etc.". What they actually mean is, "look at how beautiful and amazing I was then. I didn't get enough attention for this post the first time so I am re-posting it" or "remember how beautiful I was" etc.

It's bad enough we have to put up with their narcissistic sh*te at first instance, but now it is being vomited and recycled again, 2 or 3 years later, because people are such likes whores and need constant validation. :mad:

Also TA (and they are usually the same offenders) people who use their posts to launch full conversations with others. There'll be 50 comments underneath - "you look amazing babe"/ "Ah I don't look like that now sure" / "Ah go away, you do" blah bah. Vacuous bints.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't know if it's true but just read that current policy is to ring 999 if bat flu symptoms appear (in the UK). TA for the ambulance service who'll be inundated with people with the common cold but also because they have to risk catching the real thing. Same for many people, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

That I left a warm place to come back home to a cold place. Should have waited another week, cause I can't feel my toes and this time it's not the Tequila,heh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Antares35 wrote: »
    Also TA (and they are usually the same offenders) people who use their posts to launch full conversations with others. There'll be 50 comments underneath - "you look amazing babe"/ "Ah I don't look like that now sure" / "Ah go away, you do" blah bah. Vacuous bints.

TA when it's on a group page and two people start having a chat, did they never hear of PMs?

'Oh hope you're all keeping well. x'
    'All good. x'

And so on.
    Go away. And take your xxxxx with you. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not knowing where you stand with someone ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not knowing where you stand with someone ☹️

Did you vote for Micheál Martin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

storker wrote: »

It's not a paywall, you just have to register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

The lack of personal space. I've had people in supermarkets so close to me I could kiss. Not that I would, well a few I probably would,heh.But that's not the point, backup and give me space and time to get what I need and I'll move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Comedy Central is the only channel that’s constantly skippy and interrupted when there’s even the slightest bit of rain outside. Can’t a girl watch a 20 year old episode of Friends in peace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

TA at "What age do you look Apps and websites."

Tried one out of curiosity and it told me I looked 67. Tried another without my glasses on and it said 65. Tried three more and they all returned late 60's and one told me I'm balding. I'm 42 and have a lovely head of hair!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My loud apartment is like living in the loading zone of a television megamart blaring I am Spartacus, with a deaf, insomniac doorman who has Tourettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

The lack of personal space. I've had people in supermarkets so close to me I could kiss. Not that I would, well a few I probably would,heh.But that's not the point, backup and give me space and time to get what I need and I'll move on.

Ugh yes this. I've been travelling the last 24 hours and the amount of people queuing up my hole in the airport, in taxi lines, or wedged inches from my face in trains and buses is truly angering. What's worse is that half of these people were chronic snifflers, coughing and spit particles flying down my neck - I mean fcuk sake, there's a deadly virus on the rampage, what is actually wrong with people?? So gross and inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Everyone thinks Blame it on the boogie was written by Michael Jackson but it was by another singer with the same name. The Jacksons did a cover version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

TA that the duvet is so thick that I cannot see the snacks I have poured into a hollow so have to crane my neck - ruining my cosy snack nest & zen vibe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement