Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Cheers Mickeroo.

It doesn't tie into Halo 5 in any way does it?

Am dying to give the campaign a go but don't want to skip ahead of anything that might be relevant from Spartan Ops.

It does a bit, the stuff with Halsey and the covenent ties straight in with the beginning of 5 if I recall correctly. You could just watch the cut scenes on youtube though, the missions themselves don't have a whole lot going on story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It does a bit, the stuff with Halsey and the covenent ties straight in with the beginning of 5 if I recall correctly. You could just watch the cut scenes on youtube though, the missions themselves don't have a whole lot going on story wise.

Finally finished Spartan Ops , was a bit of a chore being honest and ended up just running through the levels without any strategy. Was wondering what cutscenes you were talking about, and was on episode 10 before I realised you have to watch them separate on the halo channel. They flesh things out a lot better alright.

Started on 5 last night, that intro with Osiris is one of the most impressive and beautiful things I have ever seen in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

May have been posted elsewhere...but...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach
    Halo Reach, Halo CE ,2,3, 4!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

Get this subforum out of 'The Attic'!

Incredible news! Halo CE got me started in PC gaming! The excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

How does this work with regards to Reach, actually? I heard it isn't gonna be treated the same way as Halo 3: ODST was when it was patched into the MCC.

Is it gonna be a paid-DLC idea?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How does this work with regards to Reach, actually? I heard it isn't gonna be treated the same way as Halo 3: ODST was when it was patched into the MCC.

Is it gonna be a paid-DLC idea?

I thought I read that the campaign will be free but firefight and multi player will be a paid add on. If you have a game pass subscription you don't have to pay for any of them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought I read that the campaign will be free but firefight and multi player will be a paid add on.

I thought it was the other way round - MP is free but campaign an add on

maximoose wrote: »
    I thought it was the other way round - MP is free but campaign an add on

You could very well be right.

There was an AMA on reddit apparently with a lot of info in it. Sumamrised here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/b2zqw1/halo_mcc_ama_summary_of_answered_questions/

Advertisement