Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving back home with young kids

• 31-12-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

For those of you who moved back with kids, how much more difficult was it?
    Im considering moving back with my 2 kids, both under 4 years old. At the moment, we live in South Korea. They were born here so Ive never had to think about childcare etc in Ireland - is it really as bad as I have heard?
    And what about moving back without securing a job first, are we entitled to job seekers until we find something or is that not possible as Ive been gone for so long?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hey Net86, sorry I'm not 100% sure about these answers, but my general suggestions would be:
    - You dont get benefits unless you've been paying taxes in the last few years
    - Childcare is VERY expensive, but it can also depend on location and income, so it's also something that might be unique to your family

I havent got kids, but the general consensus that I have heard is that it's easier to come home before they're in primary school, so they can settle faster.

What are your motivations for coming home?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Hi - hoping to bump this as I’m returning home with 2 little ladies (7 months and 2 1/2 years).

Any tips for moving to Dublin? I’ve never lived in the capital before, returning from the Middle East.

Advertisement