Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Serbian wrote: »
    The Rugby World Cup shop is doing pre-orders of all the World Cup 2015 jerseys. Here's the Fiji one for £60.00.

Yeeeeeah, I'm usually in the market for second hand ones around the 10 euro mark, which is probably why I find them hard to source :D

• Subscribers Posts: 40,978 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Teferi wrote: »
    I like the US one. The Fiji one too.

i much preferred the canterbury US designs, this one looks like a yachting polo shirt......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So the Scottish jersey has tartan trim...

ojq1NLx.jpg

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I like it.

Great shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Is the V-neck getting deeper on the CCC jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

What's with the red ring bottom left? Is it 'pull for emergency Steffon Armitage substitution' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Can't remember where I read it, but apparently the Irish one will be revealed July 14th.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Can't remember where I read it, but apparently the Irish one will be revealed July 14th.

around lunchtime?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Sanjuro wrote: »

Scroll up this thread, i posted that past week

aimee1 wrote: »
    Scroll up this thread, i posted that past week

before it was cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

So the Scottish jersey has tartan trim...

ojq1NLx.jpg

I like it.
    I do like the look of that.

Anyone ever buy a macron rugby shirt?

Their designs for soccer jersies tend be be quite good, but the actual quality of them is pretty poor in my experience.

They'll never beat that Saltire away jersey they had a few years back. Best Scottish shirt ever and it only got about two outings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I find it a bit weird how the prices vary between the different countries. I don't mean Tier 1 vs Tier 2 etc either. Maybe the company making the jerseys has a say. Bad luck if you want to buy an England Home Test 2015 jersey, you'll need a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I find it a bit weird how the prices vary between the different countries. I don't mean Tier 1 vs Tier 2 etc either. Maybe the company making the jerseys has a say. Bad luck if you want to buy an England Home Test 2015 jersey, you'll need a mortgage.

The Ireland test special super edition one is €150 + postage.

Only in size L too.

Works out dearer than the England one too. #StrongPound

Morf wrote: »
    The Ireland test special super edition one is €150 + postage.

Only in size L too.

Works out dearer than the England one too. #StrongPound

It looks like an AB RWC jersey will be £65, which seems cheap compared to what prices are usually if I'm not mistaken.

On the one hand, it is very tempting to buy a jersey sans AIG, on the other hand the jersey says RWC 2015, which if it comes to represent another defeat by France at Cardiff in a quarter-final is somewhat less appealing...

In any case, I can guarantee 2 things: the regular jersey will be black, and the alternate strip will not be grey...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

The new All Black Jersey

Jersey2.jpg

AB jerseys are generally very boring. A white trim up the sides or something wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The new All Black Jersey

Jersey2.jpg

Bold new direction they're taking the jersey.

• Advertisement

AB jerseys are generally very boring. A white trim up the sides or something wouldn't go amiss.

The white thing has been done before. The marketing gaff for this one was the blackest yet or something like that. The stuff in the shoulders is supposed to be a homage to the Originals.

I'm going to buy one I think, when the NZ public expect a black jersey you don't have a lot to work with.

I'm expecting the Irish jersey to be green...

Swiwi. wrote: »
    The white thing has been done before. The marketing gaff for this one was the blackest yet or something like that. The stuff in the shoulders is supposed to be a homage to the Originals.

I'm going to buy one I think, when the NZ public expect a black jersey you don't have a lot to work with.

I'm expecting the Irish jersey to be green...

Yeah, I prefer the AB jersey when they do something a little different with it, the recent offerings have been a little samey and bland.

Same goes for the Irish jersey, think the full green is very bland. Like a bit of trim, the one around 2011 was alright but the ones just before they started using the new material in 2006/07 was a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Yeah, I prefer the AB jersey when they do something a little different with it, the recent offerings have been a little samey and bland.

Same goes for the Irish jersey, think the full green is very bland. Like a bit of trim, the one around 2011 was alright but the ones just before they started using the new material in 2006/07 was a classic.

They've never bettered this one, I still have it at home. Back when men were men and rugby jerseys weighed half a stone in the wet and acted like a sail in the wind

03028-zoom.jpg

dub_skav wrote: »
    They've never bettered this one, I still have it at home. Back when men were men and rugby jerseys weighed half a stone in the wet and acted like a sail in the wind

03028-zoom.jpg

Le grand classique. Iconic Jersey.

I prefer the ones without the white trim, so I love this one. The 2007 jersey is a beaut.

I know it's plain but I really like that AB one.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

The new Italy jersey is out as well

29622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Italy jerseys have been quality for years.

Too shiny

• Advertisement

I know it's plain but I really like that AB one.

4584_22557_5689.jpg

I might just get the cotton polo version. Not so keen on those condom-type tops tbh, especially in this current heat wave. It's also quite a bit cheaper.

Advertisement