Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

• 31-03-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Go Leinster! Go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I have a bad feeling about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

That's no MOC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can we move all the posts about Leinster sacking MOC to this thread please? They are great to read :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Rumour of retirement announcement soon on LF.

Goodnight sweet prince.

Gordon%20D'Arcy(1).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Buer wrote: »
    Rumour of retirement announcement soon on LF.

Goodnight sweet prince.

Gordon%20D'Arcy(1).jpg

Great servant of Leinster and Ireland. No great surprise I suppose, but he would be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Strange, thought he would do another year at least. He could definitely be a great squad player for us next year with the WC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

It looks like Madigan us nailing his colours to the 12 shirt.

“It is without doubt my most enjoyable season so far and, with Johnny coming back next year, I’d ideally like to play at 12 alongside him.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/sexton-helped-madigan-through-two-hours-of-hell-at-murrayfield-1.2159145
    Teferi wrote: »
    Strange, thought he would do another year at least. He could definitely be a great squad player for us next year with the WC.

I always had an idea that he would go if not involved internationally.

• Feel bad for Darcy, think he picked up a few knocks this season and not sure he ever got to full fitness and sadly the season seems to have gotten away from him.

Incredibly important player for Leinster and Ireland and hope he gets a big send off.

Also unlucky that we've needed to play a 10 at 12 because our preferred 10 has a poor kicking percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Excellent thread name by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It looks like Madigan us nailing his colours to the 12 shirt.

“It is without doubt my most enjoyable season so far and, with Johnny coming back next year, I’d ideally like to play at 12 alongside him.”
    That's great. He needs to make a decision one way or another, because he's not going to be playing 10 for Leinster any time soon.

Also interesting he says it's without a doubt his most enjoyable season so far...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Agreed but it has me thinking how kuch game time at all 10 does Madigan need to stay in the frame for the Irish 22 shirt.

Kidney used to request that Wallace get 3-5 pro 12 games a season at all 10 for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Agreed but it has me thinking how kuch game time at all 10 does Madigan need to stay in the frame for the Irish 22 shirt.

Kidney used to request that Wallace get 3-5 pro 12 games a season at all 10 for Ulster.

Which ironically ruined his career, because he probably was a centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

It's a shame for D'Arcy that after so long at the top, it looks like he'll be going out on a relatively low note (if he is indeed retiring). Various things have conspired against him this season but to be finishing on the Leinster bench and probably not going to the RWC is a real blow for him.

Still, nothing can take away his phenomenal achievements in the game. Here's just one, but it's my favourite, after there were real fears for his career in 08-09:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's a shame for D'Arcy that after so long at the top, it looks like he'll be going out on a relatively low note (if he is indeed retiring). Various things have conspired against him this season but to be finishing on the Leinster bench and probably not going to the RWC is a real blow for him.

Still, nothing can take away his phenomenal achievements in the game. Here's just one, but it's my favourite, after there were real fears for his career in 08-09:

Yeah that try had me beaming. After the injury he'd picked up I was delighted for him getting it and you could see how much it meant to him at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

You can see the rest of the lads knew what it meant to him also. Brilliant moment and a lovely read of the defence, watching the defenders hips the whole time, then that leg drive, it's the little things like that extra second of fight that make the difference.

Well he will get game time as a 10 because he'll be needed there but in the long term I'd imagine that Ireland and Leinster will look elsewhere for that position, and everyone will benefit from that.

• 6 > 4

The 6th Leinster thread, Munster are still on 4

Leinster > Munster

Its simple maths really

6 > 4

Leinster > Munster

Its simple maths really

Ah that's not fair, we're clearly superior in every regard but they try really hard to keep up, let's not discourage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Has anyone else not received their tickets for Saturday? Bought them the weekend they went in public sale but haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

6 > 4

Leinster > Munster

Its simple maths really
    AND
    5 > 3

We're in 5th in the League and they're in 3rd.
    Another win for the Leinster lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

DGRulz wrote: »
    Has anyone else not received their tickets for Saturday? Bought them the weekend they went in public sale but haven't heard anything.

I have mine a week or so (delivered to UK), Dad got his last Thursday too (IRE). Might be best to contact Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

.ak wrote: »
    You can see the rest of the lads knew what it meant to him also. Brilliant moment and a lovely read of the defence, watching the defenders hips the whole time, then that leg drive, it's the little things like that extra second of fight that make the difference.

That leg drive was always incredible. Around 2007 or 2008 when we were playing poorly and there was a lot of criticism (history has revised it but there was serious discontent with the performances), D'Arcy was the only guy coming out week in, week out and putting his hand up. So many games where we were asleep and then he'd step someone and pump the legs, getting us 20m down the field.

I recall the 2009 semi final when the game was still in the balance, early in the second half. He made a run and gained yards that he had absolutely no right to, bringing us about 15m up the field, well into their half. It took 3 defenders to take him down. He was unbelievably pumped up that day.

http://inpho.ie/media/qxETTU-vHSjDw5-oUFlQCw..a?ts=V8-j3B4B4erlKsUuR_cTLv_xyKB4eRmJ5vLibpiDT_o.a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

DGRulz wrote: »

Mine only came last week. I'd ring them if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yeah got mine last week too... Would definitely ring them...probably will need to do a reprint and collect at stadium... If they don't come before Friday

Yep have mine over a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hey Leinster forum

Iwas wondering about next year when Sexton arrives back. If he plays 10 where will madigan play? I presumed he'll play 12 but who would provide bench cover for out half?

I realised that's exactly where we are now. So who would stand in at out half if gopperth and madigan got injured during a game?

Hey Leinster forum

Iwas wondering about next year when Sexton arrives back. If he plays 10 where will madigan play? I presumed he'll play 12 but who would provide bench cover for out half?

I realised that's exactly where we are now. So who would stand in at out half if gopperth and madigan got injured during a game?

Marsh is our 3rd choice OH currently, but the management don't seem to trust him. In fairness he is very slight for an elite level outhalf.

The hope is Byrne will develop a bit quicker. He's absolutely massive for his age and position, and is very comfortable in distribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Hey Leinster forum

If this happens on Saturday, probably Rob Kearney, let him stand ten yards back and kick the leather off the ball for whatever time remains. If Noel Reid happened to be in the 23, it would be him, but the big question is next season when both Sexton and Madigan might be on international duty. As .ak says, it's Marsh and Byrne most likely to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

.ak wrote: »
    Marsh is our 3rd choice OH currently, but the management don't seem to trust him. In fairness he is very slight for an elite level outhalf.

The hope is Byrne will develop a bit quicker. He's absolutely massive for his age and position, and is very comfortable in distribution.
    Marsh has always been small/slight. Was the same when playing age grade in Bective/Michaels...
    Byrne may develop quicker. You may expect him to when you compare each players age grade record.

• Advertisement

If this happens on Saturday, probably Rob Kearney, let him stand ten yards back and kick the leather off the ball for whatever time remains. If Noel Reid happened to be in the 23, it would be him, but the big question is next season when both Sexton and Madigan might be on international duty. As .ak says, it's Marsh and Byrne most likely to come through.

Actually I reckon Darce would be next in line in the 23. He was stepping in as first receiver last week a lot too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement