Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cookies banner won't go away

• 12-01-2021 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Folks this happening to anyone else?
    On the touch site on my phone the Accept Cookies banner at the top of the page won't go away no matter how much I click on Dismiss.

Did the clear cookies and restarting the phone. Still there.
    Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

Panthro wrote: »
    Folks this happening to anyone else?
    On the touch site on my phone the Accept Cookies banner at the top of the page won't go away no matter how much I click on Dismiss.

Did the clear cookies and restarting the phone. Still there.
    Anyone else having this issue?

Same here, it’s annoying as it blocks the search field!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for highlighting this and apologies for the inconvenience. I've flagged it with the dev team who will be able to look into this further.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

The red button for dismissing cookies is permanently displayed on the mobile boards.ie site, blocking off the header with the boards logo, search and nav tabs. Clicking 'Dismiss' does not make it go away.

Edit: this actually makes the site unusable on mobile

Boards.ie Employee

Hi redt0m,

Thanks for the heads-up; I've merged your thread into another on this topic just to keep these threads together. This is an issue that we are aware of and the dev team is working to rectify this now. Sorry for the disruption.

Boards.ie Employee

I've just been told that this should be sorted, but you'll need to clear your cookies first. Please let me know if you continue to have issues after doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

I've just been told that this should be sorted, but you'll need to clear your cookies first. Please let me know if you continue to have issues after doing this.

Just tried it, neither the Cookies message nor the Dismiss button appear at all now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement