Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Horoaddict wrote: »
    Anyone have Omega straps they’d consider selling?

Looking for options for a speedy.

Have it on a cheap AliExpress canvas at the moment and like the look, just not the quality and would like an original if anyone has one or similar?

I bought a replica Alligator strap on Etsy which looks the biz and came with a (replica) Omega deployant. €60 or so from a seller called Vildboyz. It's much better than a cheap(er) one but I'm sure not as good as the real deal, but also 10% the price.

m2e6m0M.jpg

yePn7jd.jpg

tfk887f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Can I ask a stupid question?

I've never swopped a strap before. What's to look out for in terms of fit? When you say 20mm (or whatever) is that the width of the strap at the point of attachment to the lugs?

I'd quite like to try a brown leather strap on my Steinhart. In as simple terms as possible, what do I need to get a strap the right size and then fit it?

-Are Jewellery stores essential retail? Probably not I imagine, but perhaps for repair purposes they are? - I need to resize my bracelet as well and I don't even have the most basic of tools, I don't have a screwdriver small enough or anything. I did briefly take a steak knife out of the drawer and approached the bracelet with it in hand but thanks be to God discretion won out before I could scratch 7 shades of sh1te out of those lovely soft and shiny titanium links!!!!

Edit - apologies, that's clearly several stupid questions and an idiotic admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Hello all ,

Selling a few straps if anyone is in interested , feel free to message me and I can forward on photos

1- Tudor NATO camo 22mm strap is in good condition - 90 euro

What colour is the Nato Johnny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

fat bloke wrote: »

I've never swopped a strap before. What's to look out for in terms of fit? When you say 20mm (or whatever) is that the width of the strap at the point of attachment to the lugs?

I'd quite like to try a brown leather strap on my Steinhart. In as simple terms as possible, what do I need to get a strap the right size and then fit it?

-Are Jewellery stores essential retail? Probably not I imagine, but perhaps for repair purposes they are? - I need to resize my bracelet as well and I don't even have the most basic of tools, I don't have a screwdriver small enough or anything. I did briefly take a steak knife out of the drawer and approached the bracelet with it in hand but thanks be to God discretion won out before I could scratch 7 shades of sh1te out of those lovely soft and shiny titanium links!!!!

Edit - apologies, that's clearly several stupid questions and an idiotic admission.

Straps have two widths. One width at the lugs (at the watch) and one width at the buckle/clasp. The latter only matters if you have a good clasp/buckle that you want to reuse. Then you need matching spring bars but you can usually reuse the ones that are in your current strap.

If you're being careful a slim blade or screwdriver will do the trick. If you're planning to do swaps more often get a spring bar tool. For the occasional swap one for a tenner or twenty will do just fine.

Yep spot on.

Useful link

http://www.basandlokes.com/watch-strap-sizing-help/

This applies to "standard" lugs. Some watches have integrated lugs/specific proprietary type arrangements and if so your options are limited and you often have to limit yourself to straps made for that model by the manufacturer.

From pictures of titanium Steinhart Ocean One's I have seen, they seem to have a non-standard integrated lug which would require a strap manufactured to fit that specific watch. I'm going by the pictures of the watch on their website with their OEM rubber strap fitted.

I don't know if jewellers are open now. Most places will resize a bracelet while you wait or within a couple of hours. They might charge you 20 quid or something. Weirs will do it for nothing if you bought the watch from them, for ever. Some places won't charge you as it is a very simple job, once you know what you're doing and have the right tools.

I'd be surprised if there are not YouTube videos and the like showing how to adjust your specific watch bracelet, and the tools are widely available. It's not as hard as it might seem at first - that said the first few I did were on watch bracelets that I did not care about scratching...and frankly I'm not that pushed about a scratch here or there in general. If you were fussy about that kind of thing and not sure of your expertise, far better to get someone else to do it for you I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A nice Swiss springbar tool is worth its weight in gold (well silver at least) - and that's speaking as someone who likes to purchase affordable alternatives if possible. The bergeon 6767F is around 20 euro and if you want to change 2-3 straps in your lifetime it's a worthy investment - not expensive for what you get.

The 3 euro Chinese ones on ali are very poor as the tips aren't fine enough - it means you can exert too much pressure and slip/scratch your watch lugs... for the cost of 20-30 euro I highly, highly recommend getting the Bergeon 6767-F.

Or you can get quick release springbars like on the Starlight - those swap out without tools - I see even Omega have started to incorporate them into their bracelets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shamrock92

Hello folks, lurker here.

Unfortunately times call for a thinning of the collection, as such if anyone is looking at a Tudor BB58 or TAG Heuer Carrera reissue, see below. Happy to answer any questions anyone has :)

Tudor: https://www.adverts.ie/22002311

Heuer: https://www.adverts.ie/22685317

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Shamrock92 wrote: »
    Hello folks, lurker here.

Unfortunately times call for a thinning of the collection, as such if anyone is looking at a Tudor BB58 or TAG Heuer Carrera reissue, see below. Happy to answer any questions anyone has :)

Tudor: https://www.adverts.ie/22002311

Heuer: https://www.adverts.ie/22685317

Both lovely watches, and I'm quite impressed by that Heuer (but I've just sold and bought a new watch). Best of luck selling those two beauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Or you can get quick release springbars like on the Starlight - those swap out without tools - I see even Omega have started to incorporate them into their bracelets too.

I see Omega have a new proprietary quick release strap on the new Seamaster too. Means you can’t change out the straps easily with non Omega ones so I wouldn’t be a fan of it.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/america-s-cup-edition/product

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Time wrote: »
    I see Omega have a new proprietary quick release strap on the new Seamaster too. Means you can’t change out the straps easily with non Omega ones so I wouldn’t be a fan of it.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/america-s-cup-edition/product

tbh for me the benefits of quick release far outweigh the cons, but personally im oem only if i can help it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Shamrock92

Both lovely watches, and I'm quite impressed by that Heuer (but I've just sold and bought a new watch). Best of luck selling those two beauts.

Thank you. The Heuer is absolutely gorgeous and I think it'll be the hardest to see leave :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

F b check on line but I think your Steinhart has 22 mm lug width, not 20 mm. Drilled lugs are a great help for swopping straps. A loupe to see what you are doing is a big help too.

A screwdriver for adjusting glasses should be small enough for adjusting links, but they could have loctite on them. If it does heat them first with a hairdryer to soften the locktite. If you are removing links, maybe practice on the extra links first.

Bergeon is a good brand to go to for watchmaker's tools, https://www.hswalsh.com/manufacturers/1214

But I have a Rolson springbar tool and so far it does me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Watch-Spring-Bar-Tool/dp/B0056NBX1Q/ref=asc_df_B0056NBX1Q/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=217982879167&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18175790492258475223&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9047196&hvtargid=pla-423028954735&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Thanks for the advice all. Scored a little glasses repair kit in my local pharmacy for €2.99 which included a neat little screwdriver which did the job perfectly! Now to find a nice brown leather strap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hirsch do very reasonably priced straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Johnny1980

banie01 wrote: »
    What colour is the Nato Johnny?

It’s the camouflage colour one , really high quality . I got it with the Tudor ranger watch and have worn it sparingly . Google it it has a interesting story behind it

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    It’s the camouflage colour one , really high quality . I got it with the Tudor ranger watch and have worn it sparingly . Google it it has a interesting story behind it

I'll drop you a PM, I'm happy to take that off your hands.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My Grand Seiko has sold, so I am sorta tempted by replacing it with a Cocktail Hour - anyone have one they're looking to shift? Preferably the navy dial one on a bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Eoin wrote: »
    My Grand Seiko has sold, so I am sorta tempted by replacing it with a Cocktail Hour - anyone have one they're looking to shift? Preferably the navy dial one on a bracelet.

Was that the cockdial Grand Seiko?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There you go again Fitz :D

You need some therapy, man, you see dicks everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

unkel wrote: »
    There you go again Fitz :D

You need some therapy, man, you see dicks everywhere!

Reminds me of this very useful site.

https://seoi.net/penint/

Draw anything and it will transfer it to Fitz's view of the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Fitz might be a marketing genius. “Cockdial Time” could fit right into Seiko’s product line names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

Greatest website ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

I drew a cock (must have been subliminally influenced by what Fitz said) and nothing happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Time wrote: »
    I drew a cock (must have been subliminally influenced by what Fitz said) and nothing happened?

It's the luck of the draw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Fitz II wrote: »
    Was that the cockdial Grand Seiko?

Yep, went on Chrono24 reasonably quickly.

Hello all ,

Selling a few straps if anyone is in interested , feel free to message me and I can forward on photos

1- Tudor NATO camo 22mm strap is in good condition - 90 euro

This arrived in from Johnny1980 this morning.
    Lovely condition and I look forward to seeing what it looks like on my Tudor :)

Absolute gent to deal with and would highly recommend as a seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭oknepop

Stuck this up today, probably worn 5 times in the last 2 years.

https://www.adverts.ie/vintage/yema-sous-marine-vintage-watch-1970s/23027585

NzJkZjI2ZmE5MWZmZTRmMTllMTNkNzdmM2RkYjA4NzIXmmJsM2zXzgEs-w6Bv7kQaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTBmMDRkYzIxNTg0M2NlMGI5NGZmYjI5YWExMTBiOWQ5MWUxOWI2MjQ1YjZjYTkyYjZlY2FlNDdiMWY4Y2I2ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHw0Mzl4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

banie01 wrote: »
    This arrived in from Johnny1980 this morning.
    Lovely condition and I look forward to seeing what it looks like on my Tudor :)

Absolute gent to deal with and would highly recommend as a seller.

Thanks so much Bryan . Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I’ve listed by Stowa marine original manual wind on chrono24

https://www.chrono24.com/watch/B16CZ1

Anyone interested locally can knock few quid off. It basically in brand new condition after Stowa service last July. Hasn’t been out of the house since

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Hello all , I have a brand new Forstner flat link bracelet for sale .It’s 19mm and looking for the 20mm(orders in error ) . I can get a refund but a lot of hassle sending it back due to brexit etc . I paid 140 or so , anyone that wants it have have it for 120 and I will cover postage too .

Advertisement