Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mark of the beast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Is fear more dangerous than progress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Irrational numbers are not natural numbers! They are real numbers.

The point was .666666666 is synthetic, orderly and manmade, it's natural comparable number would be 1:1.61803398875 (random, present in nature and truly universal), also know as 'Divine Proportion' (for a reason).

jmreire wrote: »
    Are you a Christian by any chance, just wondering.

Or even Monotheistic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭jmreire

Is fear more dangerous than progress?

Could you put that in context? There are many kind's of fear, and I think that we are all afraid of something... it's an inbuilt state,and it has a purpose, which would have helped us to survive down through the ages? But I'm not a psychologist or an expert on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

The biblical definition of the Nr "666"

According to the last book in the Bible, 666 is the number, or name, of the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns that comes out of the sea. (Revelation 13:​1, 17, 18) This beast is a symbol of the worldwide political system, which rules over “every tribe and people and tongue and nation.” (Revelation 13:7) The name 666 identifies the political system as a gross failure in God’s sight.

The Chinese are well on the way to having this ( but without the religious context ( actually... at the present moment in time, they are trying to obliterate ALL traces of religion....and not only amonst the Uighurs ( Muslims) but Christian communities too.) Google " Chinese Electronic Surveilence on it's Citizens" Makes for some very interesting ( and frightening) scenario's. This also fits in with the Biblical prophesy....." From the eternal sea he arises...with an army on either shore, turning Man against his brother, until man exists no more. "
    We live in interesting times.....
    I also think things we're more interesting in the past when these revelations were made known, how the writers knew this would happen is more fascinating to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Mark on their forehead? Surely it has to be a MAGA hat

Stop it !!!!:D:D:D Not only are you scaring me, but you are frightening the Children as well !!!!!:cool::cool::cool::pac::pac::pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

recedite wrote: »
    I always eat chips with my right hand.
    So, just thinking... if the fish is the symbol of early Christianty, and chips symbolise the beast, then fish and chips must symbolise the eternal struggle of good V evil.
    Like salt and vinegar. Where vinegar is obviously the good guy, because the nasty sodomites were turned into pillars of salt. Whereas Jesus turned water into wine, which then becomes vinegar by itself.

I like chips

Ferajacka wrote: »
    I also think things we're more interesting in the past when these revelations were made known, how the writers knew this would happen is more fascinating to me.

Yes, it is fascinating for sure. In the modern time's that we now live in....everything has to have an explanation, but even so, Scientists are discovering mysteries that they dont understand or even have an explanation for.
    So there is more ( lot's more?? ) out there that not only do we not understand....maybe it's impossible for us to understand? If you were to add up the sum of the total amount of Knowledge we have, INHO, we are not yet only scratching the surface.

Or AppleFaceID (as currently being advertised) for Apple Pay in shops.

Later to be complimented by detailed iris scans, finger (TouchID), or even full right hand deep-vein* or structural scans.

There is already a patent pending for 'facial subepidermal imaging' (veins and blood vessels scanning) Likely due with the next release of the iPhone.

• Advertisement

Or AppleFaceID (as currently being advertised) for Apple Pay in shops.

Later to be complimented by detailed iris scans, finger (TouchID), or even full right hand deep-vein* or structural scans.

There is already a patent pending for 'facial subepidermal imaging' (veins and blood vessels scanning) Likely due with the next release of the iPhone.

We are all shagged so ........:( :mad: :rolleyes:

We are all shagged so ........:( :mad: :rolleyes:

Think it was the Aussies that ran a mini-UBI/welfare trial, whereby the recipient's digital benefit payments could only be spent using a special debitcard, but importantly could only be spent (trans.authorised) on 'allowable' items.

So trying to buy some smokes, pint of fancy craft beer, weekly lotto lucky dip or a fat box of donoughts would all be digitally-declined.

You'd certainly have to resort to barter e.g. box of carrots, 2 sheep, and tip of the hat for a visit to a go-go-dancer bar (or whatever they call it these days).

Think it was the Aussies that ran a mini-UBI/welfare trial, whereby the recipient's digital benefit payments could only be spent using a special debitcard, but importantly could only be spent (trans.authorised) on 'allowable' items.

So trying to buy some smokes, pint of fancy craft beer, weekly lotto lucky dip or a fat box of donoughts would all be digitally-declined.

You'd certainly have to resort to barter e.g. box of carrots, 2 sheep, and tip of the hat for a visit to a go-go-dancer bar (or whatever they call it these days).

Exactly !!!! I know that it was only a "Trial", But they have picked a segment of the population to try it out on, that while many would object to it, many would not. And if it ever came to pass...then it would be only the thin edge of the wedge. China are using this identity technology on their own Citizens, and it's frightening to see it in action.The justification is to monitor and control criminal elements...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

another related film on utube is "NWO New World Order Movie Antichrist 666 mark of beast Great Tribulation Armageddon"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

another related film on utube is "NWO New World Order Movie Antichrist 666 mark of beast Great Tribulation Armageddon"

It seems the art of snappy titles is also on the decline. Surely a sign of the End of Days....

Could you put that in context? There are many kind's of fear, and I think that we are all afraid of something... it's an inbuilt state,and it has a purpose, which would have helped us to survive down through the ages? But I'm not a psychologist or an expert on the subject.

Lets call it fear of the unknown.

A fear that could be powerful enough to drive people to believe the words of an ancient text like the bible, koran, torah etc. rather than relying on their own wits and senses.
    Fear of what lies beyond death, a fear so all-encompassing that people will slavishly devote their lives (and those of their children) to someone who promises to take away that fear without providing one iota of evidence or proof that they can or have done so.

A fear so great that the only way to cope with day to day life is faith.

As opposed to progress, which I would consider to be:
    Rising literacy rates to the extent that people can educate themselves enough to think critically. They can access enough information not to get manipulated by charlatans and con-men.
    Increased understanding of mathematics and science to the extent that people can rationalize their choices and their impact on our future as a species and society.
    Increased tolerance of others in recognition of our achievements through co-operation and in acknowledgement of our failures in division.

I personally consider organised religion to be divisive in it's current fractured from. Different branches of Christianity in opposition to each other of dogmatic nonsense. Different sects of Islam at war with each other, different denominations of Judaism in turmoil over the precipitous direction there state is headed.
    It serves as an additional division between a species that struggle with differences as irrelevant as race and even gender. Differences that can only be overcome with rational thought, compassion and mindfulness.

They enforce (usually patriarchal) structures vulnerable to horrendous corruption and abuse on vulnerable people, while taking their money to fund themselves and operate within a blind spot to the state that a multinational company would sell their souls to attain.

Their primary function to the individual can be achieved through a far more honest transaction with a therapist or counselor in present day and without the painful burden of guilt as a primary motivation.

To look at it rationally, I cannot see how organized religions still have a social license to exist in our current society, Nor can I see how they have a place in the future of co-operation and sustainability that we need to work towards.

My thesis would be that the Bibles only prediction in revelations is the coming of it's own irrelevance and the impending necessity for human beings to elevate our consciousness and conscience to the point where we own our destiny and break from the shackles of guilt, shame and abuse that have been place upon us by those that deem themselves our superiors and shepherds.

If that is deemed to be the end of times, then so be it.
    From every ending comes a new beginning and we need to plan and prepare.

(And no, I don't believe it is the "second" or any subsequent coming of any son, calf or spawn of any deity. Pandering to that notion is merely finding another excuse to pawn off responsibility for our decisions and cope with our daily guilt for fiddling while our species careers to our own decline)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes, it is fascinating for sure. In the modern time's that we now live in....everything has to have an explanation, but even so, Scientists are discovering mysteries that they dont understand or even have an explanation for.

If it wasn't for seeking explanations, we'd still be living in caves.

Seeking explanations is what has brought about both science and religion.

Discovering more things we can't yet explain is not an indictment of science, quite the opposite.

So there is more ( lot's more?? ) out there that not only do we not understand....maybe it's impossible for us to understand? If you were to add up the sum of the total amount of Knowledge we have, INHO, we are not yet only scratching the surface.

"I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." - J.B.S. Haldane, Possible Worlds and Other Papers (1927)

479940.jpg

Life ain't always empty.

Lets call it fear of the unknown.

A fear that could be powerful enough to drive people to believe the words of an ancient text like the bible, koran, torah etc. rather than relying on their own wits and senses.
    Fear of what lies beyond death, a fear so all-encompassing that people will slavishly devote their lives (and those of their children) to someone who promises to take away that fear without providing one iota of evidence or proof that they can or have done so.

A fear so great that the only way to cope with day to day life is faith.

People have been manipulated since time began, and continues to this day. Religion of course played a major part in this, but it was far from the only one….the Nazi’s, North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, present day China etc. But in this day and age in this part of the world, people can and do think for themselves, and as I mentioned earlier, when it comes to Religion “Vote with their feet…” But there still exists many Countries where the people don’t have this privilege, to think and act for themselves, quite the opposite, in fact. Even so, there are many intelligent people, who having thought about and analysed Life as they see it …. Choose Religion, and belief in God. Despite all “evidence” to the contrary, they continue to believe in God. They are not alone in this, Scientists can and do propose theories which they fervently believe in….without a shred of evidence to back them up.

As opposed to progress, which I would consider to be:
    Rising literacy rates to the extent that people can educate themselves enough to think critically. They can access enough information not to get manipulated by charlatans and con-men.
    Increased understanding of mathematics and science to the extent that people can rationalize their choices and their impact on our future as a species and society.
    Increased tolerance of others in recognition of our achievements through co-operation and in acknowledgement of our failures in division.

Agreed, 100%

I personally consider organised religion to be divisive in it's current fractured from. Different branches of Christianity in opposition to each other of dogmatic nonsense. Different sects of Islam at war with each other, different denominations of Judaism in turmoil over the precipitous direction there state is headed.
    It serves as an additional division between a species that struggle with differences as irrelevant as race and even gender. Differences that can only be overcome with rational thought, compassion and mindfulness.

They enforce (usually patriarchal) structures vulnerable to horrendous corruption and abuse on vulnerable people, while taking their money to fund themselves and operate within a blind spot to the state that a multinational company would sell their souls to attain.

Yes, throughout history, Religion has been hijacked by absolutely non-religious people as a mean’s to their own ends. Literally wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Their primary function to the individual can be achieved through a far more honest transaction with a therapist or counselor in present day and without the painful burden of guilt as a primary motivation.

To look at it rationally, I cannot see how organized religions still have a social license to exist in our current society, Nor can I see how they have a place in the future of co-operation and sustainability that we need to work towards.

My thesis would be that the Bibles only prediction in revelations is the coming of it's own irrelevance and the impending necessity for human beings to elevate our consciousness and conscience to the point where we own our destiny and break from the shackles of guilt, shame and abuse that have been place upon us by those that deem themselves our superiors and shepherds.

If that is deemed to be the end of times, then so be it.
    From every ending comes a new beginning and we need to plan and prepare.

(And no, I don't believe it is the "second" or any subsequent coming of any son, calf or spawn of any deity. Pandering to that notion is merely finding another excuse to pawn off responsibility for our decisions and cope with our daily guilt for fiddling while our species careers to our own decline

You have put it very well, Angry Hippo, and it’s a good and honest appraisal. Most of which I agree with.
    For me personally, to sum it up, Briefly:- We are born into this life, and after our lifetime, we die and are buried. And that’s it???? Sorry…I don’t think that is the end of it,in fact it may be only the beginning. And my belief is rooted in this. Basically, this existence is a time of “ Trouble and Strife “ but we are promised that it will end, and this is what we Christians believe in. You are more than welcome to have your own opinion on all of this, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Can you quote properly please, as it makes replying more awkward.
    They are not alone in this, Scientists can and do propose theories which they fervently believe in….without a shred of evidence to back them up.

That's the difference between science and religion. A religious proposition (doctrine) is expected to be believed as true, without evidence, in fact belief without or in spite of evidence is regarded as praiseworthy.

Whereas a scientific proposition (theory) cannot be regarded as true without evidence, and even then only provisionally until the evidence becomes overwhelming.
    The scientist who promotes her theory may fervently hope it is true, not least for the sake of her career, but if she actually believes it true without adequate evidence then she is not acting in accordance with the scientific method.

Scientists are human too, they have biases and hopes and career goals, the method aims to eliminate the influence of these biases - which it does - even if it takes decades or centuries to get there and find the evidence to prove a long-held dogma wrong.

Yes, throughout history, Religion has been hijacked by absolutely non-religious people as a mean’s to their own ends. Literally wolves in sheep’s clothing.

I wouldn't be quite cynical enough to claim that they are (all) non-religious, but certainly career-driven. You don't end up in a bishop's palace or the Vatican or at the pulpit of a megachurch without ambition and political nous.

For me personally, to sum it up, Briefly:- We are born into this life, and after our lifetime, we die and are buried. And that’s it???? Sorry…I don’t think that is the end of it,in fact it may be only the beginning. And my belief is rooted in this.

I'd be nice if that was the case (assuming all that vengeful god stuff has been set aside..!) but, in my case, it's not something I can convince myself to believe is true.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

That's the difference between science and religion. A religious proposition (doctrine) is expected to be believed as true, without evidence, in fact belief without or in spite of evidence is regarded as praiseworthy.

Whereas a scientific proposition (theory) cannot be regarded as true without evidence, and even then only provisionally until the evidence becomes overwhelming.
    The scientist who promotes her theory may fervently hope it is true, not least for the sake of her career, but if she actually believes it true without adequate evidence then she is not acting in accordance with the scientific method.

Scientists are human too, they have biases and hopes and career goals, the method aims to eliminate the influence of these biases - which it does - even if it takes decades or centuries to get there and find the evidence to prove a long-held dogma wrong.

This is where I have a problem with evolution taught as fact and, for that matter, the accepted wisdom of climate variability as being incontrovertibly down to human efforts. I am fine with both being treated as theories but they are rarely spoken of as being anything other than either complete or at worst, only partially incomplete versions of what we all must agree has to be the truth - in other words, faith-based dogma. That's not the scientific method. That kind of closed-mindedness is what Galileo fought and how the phlogiston and aether theories persisted for so long.

• Advertisement

This is a good utube lecture on linking dna to the mark of the beast...."DNA - Mark of the Beast - Douglas Hamp"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

recedite wrote: »
    I always eat chips with my right hand.
    So, just thinking... if the fish is the symbol of early Christianty, and chips symbolise the beast, then fish and chips must symbolise the eternal struggle of good V evil.
    Like salt and vinegar. Where vinegar is obviously the good guy, because the nasty sodomites were turned into pillars of salt. Whereas Jesus turned water into wine, which then becomes vinegar by itself.

If anyone saw the size fresh cod and chips I ate with BOTH hands last night I'm going straight to hell non-stop.

NCS wrote: »
    This is where I have a problem with evolution taught as fact and, for that matter, the accepted wisdom of climate variability as being incontrovertibly down to human efforts. I am fine with both being treated as theories but they are rarely spoken of as being anything other than either complete or at worst, only partially incomplete versions of what we all must agree has to be the truth - in other words, faith-based dogma. That's not the scientific method.

The jury is in on evolution from a scientific perspective. There are anomalies that have environmental and ecological causes that aren't fully understood, but the science is relatively sound even though it does require so many different highly specialized fields of science to create the full picture and the full book of evidence would constitute a science in itself. (Paleontology, entomology, botany, right down to carbon dating and scanning electron microscopes for the fossil records. There is no better theory that fits the data, a swift move of Occams Razor and the scientific community can move on, until such time as a theory that suits the data better or disproves the original assumptions, in which case the scientific process itself demands a revisit.

As for climate change, it is a constantly changing dynamic system of truly global proportions. The data at present is pointing to human caused climate change as it is the most probable cause. It is also the only one that we have any hope of changing. If there was an alternative theory that fit the data, it would be received with great relief worldwide, but unfortunately, this is literally a "Hail Mary" run at this point. The average temperatures are rising, the sea levels are rising, the acidity of the oceans is increasing, storm systems have increasing energy levels, range and frequency. The big risk in climate patterns to humans on the short term scale is tipping points that could shift a climatic patter that we consider too large to alter (Gulf Stream, Southern Oscillation, Indian Ocean Dipole, EL Nino, La Nina etc) Sudden change to these could and would (has and does) devastate entire continents.
    Putting your head in the sand waiting for more evidence or some revolutionary theory that nobody has thought of yet is literally closing your eyes and waiting for the house to burn down around you, instead of tackling the source of the fire with the tools you have to hand. Its not an article of faith. Its looking at the evidence you have, with the understanding you have and trying to prevent negative outcomes. It is the ONLY option that is even remotely ethical.
    Particularly when the avenues to better outcomes are as easy as being informed about what you eat, what you purchase and how and where you work and live. I'm not suggesting that everyone has control over these vectors of their lives but if everyone tried to do more, the problem would at the very least grow more slowly and buy some time for faster firmer solutions and micro actions that can solve a very macro problem.

Don't bandy about climate change denial as being some sort of conspiracy theory lightly. It only shows that you haven't done any sort of research or critical thought about it for yourself.

Look at the parties that are disparaging it and follow the money trail straight back to the coal mines, oil refineries, car manufacturing plants and weapons and munitions companies. In my eyes legitimizing the doubt they try to spread is far worse behavior than being a follower of a flawed corrupt oppressive belief system.

If there is a better theory that fits the data, lets be having it. Otherwise, we follow the best information we have and pull together to try and save our ecosystem. The Anthropogenic Climate Change problem is that simple

more insight on mark of the beast by dr michael lake on utube ...Can The "MARK" Be Reversed? What YOU Need To Know...Dr. Michael Lake

Interesting dream by someone on u tube re mark of the beast ...***URGENT MESSAGE !! FLEEING THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND NON-HUMAN ENTITIES***

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjAVtc6rwE.....another good video in utube on mark of the beast ... "MICROCHIP IMPLANT, IOT, & MASSIVE SURVEILLANCE"

a good video linking 5g to the mark of the beast ......"How is 5G Connected to the Mark of the Beast System?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqCMb9NAQ2o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

a lot of videos there, Harry :)

branie2 wrote: »
    a lot of videos there, Harry :)

Hi Branie, yes enough to keep you busy ... heres another one
    ....http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnFHTo7n1p4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Don't think we can avoid it when it comes in. If the other side is not being able to buy anything without the chip then there's no point in starving. Although the bible warns Christians not to accept it, so in the time after death it may be wise to stay away from the illuminati microchips.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement