Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Appeal motors warning

Options
  • 04-05-2021 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

I received a warning in the motors forum for stating my opinion that speeding is dangerous and should be punished. I would like to appeal it. Lightning stands by their decision.

I was insulted in the PM from her / him at the end (I doubt your competency on the road). I have a A, B and D1 licence btw.

Here's the exchange.
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    Dear Jeremy Sproket,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

LIGHTNING

Your post:
    cpoh1 wrote: »

Either way truck is not at fault for the collision. Driver who entered his lane is.

The truck driver is doing 90 km/h in an 80 zone.

A disgusting breach, dangerously high and might have fatal consequences.

Shall I start an appeal thread?

Feel free to appeal it if you wish. I stand by the fact that it was trolling. In fact I think the entire thread is a wind up.

If you think 10k (not even running speed) over the speed limit on the fastest roads is massively dangerous then and your not trolling then I'd worry about your competency on the roads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

Anyone home ? :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will alert the CMods

Beasty wrote: »
    I will alert the CMods

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've looked into this for you, Jeremy Sproket

You got the warning for posting this:
    The truck driver is doing 90 km/h in an 80 zone.

A disgusting breach, dangerously high and might have fatal consequences.

10km/h is just a fraction over the speed limit, most speed detection systems would not even give you a fine for that, or perhaps borderline, a Garda would not stop you for this. There aren't many 3 lane motorways in Ireland with a speed limit of 80km/h anyway, and where they are it must have been decided that the usual motorway speed limit of 100km/h or 120km/h was too high, perhaps in a very busy stretch with numerous exits like the bit of M1 you mention between Dublin Airport and Dublin city centre

10km/h over the speed limit on a road like this is, well, over the speed limit. Just.

To call that speed dangerously high and disgusting would suggest to me that you are either trolling or that you have very little or no experience of driving or have some sort of extreme black and white view on some rules and regulations? Perhaps you'd like to answer that question to give me some back ground to your post?

unkel wrote: »
    To call that speed dangerously high and disgusting would suggest to me that you are either trolling or that you have very little or no experience of driving

I have A, B and D1. The first two I did in Sweden and the latter in Ireland ........But do carry on.
    unkel wrote: »

10km/h over the speed limit on a road like this is, well, over the speed limit. Just.
    or have some sort of extreme black and white view on some rules and regulations? Perhaps you'd like to answer that question to give me some back ground to your post?

Stealing €1 worth of goods is still illegal (might be a small amount, still stealing though). To break the speed limit is illegal and dangerous. Are you saying that it is OK to break the speed limit so long as it's only done marginally?

This is a discussion site. Is it boards.ie or boards.pk? Are we not allowed to post differing opinions or are the opinions of the moderators only acceptable here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It seems you have very black and white views on these things, so. Stealing is stealing but speeding or not is open to interpretation. For starters, you do not know the exact speed you are doing as your speedometer of your vehicle is not exact. And my point was there is some leeway. Gardai won't stop you when you are a few km over the limit, even 10km over. The fixed or mobile gatsos don't give you a fine when you are a few km over. The overwhelming majority of people will not consider 10km over the speed limit on a 3 lane motorway either disgusting or extremely dangerous

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you were not trolling. So I will get the infraction reversed. But you need to tone down your posting, your views are extreme and it's no wonder that the moderator carded you for trolling. Moderators do not have the time to go and ask every poster in a friendly manner what the background of their views is. If you post like that again, you are likely to get carded again.

This can be marked as resolved now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement