Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Wood Pellet Boiler and which solar panels?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pelletman

Hello BIGLAD, I was interested to hear you say you store your pellets above your garage. How do you get the pellets up there - are they blown up by the delivery lorry. Does this mean your boiler id gravity feed and does this do away with the need for an auger system?
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 goggin.indira

Agree with ednwireland - SEI are irresponsible. i got a list from them of Suppliers / Installers. used one of them. Found lacking and when trouble arose SEI washed their hands of this saying no responsibliity whatever - we list people only but do not vet them

Am in trouble - will anyone please who has had adverse experience with Mike Ryan of limerick T/a MBSA orAlternative Energy, please make contact with me as might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 16 GT95

Hello all, has anyone out there installed a Viadrus pellet boiler?

I am interested in hearing your experience as I installed one of these about 2 years ago. I have had some problems but have got through them so far. I would like to think the amout of issues can be reduced as I learn about it.

Energymaster would not give me any contact details of someone that had a similar boiler to me installed, they never repsoned as opposed to giving me a reson for not doing so.

The main problem I expereinecd last winter was the smoke being blown back up the pellet feeder tube. I arrived into my garage one day last winter to see a cloud of smoke coming up through the silo for the pellets.
    This is not being casue by a down draught & it didn't occur in its 1st year of operation.
    Any similar experiences out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

GT95 - I also have a Viadrus (48kW) installed for 3 years, not the easiest to live with. Lots of issues from day one, incredibly frustrating but I have worked through them. Despite the problems I am committed to WP and when the Viadrus behaves itself it is very economical to run.
    Just started up this evening and experienced the same smoke blowback through the main feed auger. I found that opening the small draught door on the base of the front door slightly resolved the problem. I'm not entirely happy with this as a solution but welcome any other ideas. The boiler was stripped and cleaned at the end of the heating season in May - short auger was choked with hard coal type substance. Apparently this is a known "feature" of the boiler regardless of pellet type used.confused.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mugged

hillwalker wrote: »
    Please, please, whatever you do, do NOT buy a pellet burner. They are one of the most expensive forms of heating you can buy in spite of what anyone tells you. I have a KWB crap which costs €17-18 an day to run a 5 bed house for a modest demand. 2 x 25kg bags of pellets at least per day in winter - at €8.2 a bag. I'm cutting my losses and taking it out to put oil back in which was less than half the price.
    Be warned!

dear hillwalker, in oct 06 moved into new build 2800 sq feet, well insulated. bought baxi boiler 12,700 euro. broke my heart because it kept dumping water into pellets. bought through plumber and he bought off Heatmerchants. no satisfaction from either. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Couldn't keep it fed..160euro per week. plumber did one day course and was registered with S.E.I.. He took forms and told me he had applied for grant. Never did and eventually I installed an oil condenser boiler. Refused to pay him final 2700euro (had paid 10000euro downpayment before he ever installed it). Now he is taking me to court...please help me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

Mugged, sorry to hear about your probs, sounds like a nightmare. Pm me with some info on the heating / insulation set up - might be some clues there - you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭boomshackala

mugged wrote: »
    dear hillwalker, in oct 06 moved into new build 2800 sq feet, well insulated. bought baxi boiler 12,700 euro. broke my heart because it kept dumping water into pellets. bought through plumber and he bought off Heatmerchants. no satisfaction from either. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Couldn't keep it fed..160euro per week. plumber did one day course and was registered with S.E.I.. He took forms and told me he had applied for grant. Never did and eventually I installed an oil condenser boiler. Refused to pay him final 2700euro (had paid 10000euro downpayment before he ever installed it). Now he is taking me to court...please help me!

I suggest you write a letter to him stating the equipment he installed is not fit for purpose and you are not paying till issues are sorted and itmeise the issues.
    However it apears your problems can be easily fixed. Water dumping on the pellets is probably a faulty thermostatic valve. The efficiency of any pellet boiler will not be good until commissioned properly. So I'd suggest getting someone properly trained in to fix these issues and deduct their costs from the plumbers bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rathlynin

it's been a while since I heard any negative talk bout pellet systems ... Has anyone fitted the new woodpecker woodpellet boiler ..it's a great looking machine with compressor doing the auto cleaning with air ... Would like to hear feedback as I have to fit one for a client in a few weeks

Advertisement