Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-11-2019, 00:51   #6736
Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg End Reject View Post
Sláinte!
Cheers
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 01:35   #6737
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Bedside,sweet dreams all 😴💤 x
17-11-2019, 01:38   #6738
Skybirdjb

Still up !! My god this little fella is missing the sleep buttons I swear . Must try and get grandeod to reprogram him
17-11-2019, 02:35   #6739
Kitty6277

In bed but I can’t get to sleep. Can’t figure out if I’m over tired or if I’m excited about my second date with that guy tomorrow. Either way I wish I’d just be able to get to sleep
17-11-2019, 02:47   #6740
Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty6277 View Post
In bed but I can’t get to sleep. Can’t figure out if I’m over tired or if I’m excited about my second date with that guy tomorrow. Either way I wish I’d just be able to get to sleep
Count sheep

No, joking it never worked for me but I remember being told to do it as a comfort when I was a kid
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 04:27   #6741
JupiterKid

In my favourite chair in my living room, listening to music, unable to sleep.

Feeling very thoughtful and rather sad. Today is my late mother’s anniversary. Nearly 30 years - over a lifetime for many of you here on After Hours, but at times it seems just like yesterday. She was not quite 47 years of age and I was 15 and just gone into Transition Year at school.

To say her sudden and tragic death was a tragedy for my family is an understatement. I have been very close to crying.

Miss you so so much tonight mum!
17-11-2019, 06:05   #6742
Autosport

Jk sometimes it's best to just let it out and feel the emotions and remember your mum is always around you. ((Hugs))

Morning all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8702.JPG (49.9 KB, 30 views)
17-11-2019, 06:14   #6743
Shoesdayschild

Hey JK. Hope you’re doing ok. It’s a tough day for sure. Do something nice for yourself today however small it may seem. A care day. My own mother will be 13 years dead next week, and I totally agree, on one hand it seems so recent on the other hand I barely recognize the person I was back then. A few weeks beyond my 18th birthday. Toughened me up like nobodies business. Was so lucky to have an amazing dad though, growing up it was always me and my dad, and my mum and my brother. He was younger than me, but when she died my dad and him got way more close and he was brought into our circle I really struggled with not being my dads #1 but the 3 of us had a really good happy set up. Then that went to sh1t when my lovely daddy died. He will be 6 years dead next month. That still makes my heart hurt in a way it never did for my mother. I was never lonely until he died and then no matter who I was with or where I was, I was/am always lonely. I held his hand that night until he went cold, and I am certain as the life left his body it took some of me with him for sure. Oddly comforting in a way.

Anyway, take the day to yourself, do whatever it is you need to do to make the day less sh1t and I’ll be thinking of you.

I am just back in bed after getting the last load of laundry into the dryer, downstairs hoovered and hopefully I won’t wake back up til 9 and all the clothes in the house will be clean
17-11-2019, 06:36   #6744
Eleysian

JK sometimes it is ok to be sad and remember all the good times with your Mother. For sure that was very tough on you at such a young age. As Shoes said be very kind to yourself and mind “you” today.

Shoes any chance you feel like coming around to mine and doing the laundry? Thanking you in advance!
Advertisement
17-11-2019, 06:44   #6745
Shoesdayschild

No bother have ya got a dog to play with
(2) thanks from:
17-11-2019, 07:22   #6746
Eleysian

Sadly not Shoes. I guess that’s a dealbreaker?!
(3) thanks from:
17-11-2019, 08:26   #6747
bubblypop

Ahh Jupiter & shoes, that's really tough, hugs to both of you.
Getting ready for a walk, think I'll bring the doggie to the beach, the sand is easier on his joints.
17-11-2019, 08:47   #6748
CrowdedHouse

....Another pleasant valley Sunday here in status symbol land...

Morning all,

Yet another grey cold one 3.3C

Temp couchside with coffee, ablutions and brekkie in a little while.

Be good to yourselves folks
17-11-2019, 09:36   #6749
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
In my favourite chair in my living room, listening to music, unable to sleep.

Feeling very thoughtful and rather sad. Today is my late mother’s anniversary. Nearly 30 years - over a lifetime for many of you here on After Hours, but at times it seems just like yesterday. She was not quite 47 years of age and I was 15 and just gone into Transition Year at school.

To say her sudden and tragic death was a tragedy for my family is an understatement. I have been very close to crying.

Miss you so so much tonight mum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesdayschild View Post
Hey JK. Hope you’re doing ok. It’s a tough day for sure. Do something nice for yourself today however small it may seem. A care day. My own mother will be 13 years dead next week, and I totally agree, on one hand it seems so recent on the other hand I barely recognize the person I was back then. A few weeks beyond my 18th birthday. Toughened me up like nobodies business. Was so lucky to have an amazing dad though, growing up it was always me and my dad, and my mum and my brother. He was younger than me, but when she died my dad and him got way more close and he was brought into our circle I really struggled with not being my dads #1 but the 3 of us had a really good happy set up. Then that went to sh1t when my lovely daddy died. He will be 6 years dead next month. That still makes my heart hurt in a way it never did for my mother. I was never lonely until he died and then no matter who I was with or where I was, I was/am always lonely. I held his hand that night until he went cold, and I am certain as the life left his body it took some of me with him for sure. Oddly comforting in a way.

Anyway, take the day to yourself, do whatever it is you need to do to make the day less sh1t and I’ll be thinking of you.

I am just back in bed after getting the last load of laundry into the dryer, downstairs hoovered and hopefully I won’t wake back up til 9 and all the clothes in the house will be clean
*Bear Hugs* for both of ye.

I'm deskside, I got new coffee beans yesterday, star bucks pinta something or other, not impressed if I'm honest .
17-11-2019, 09:38   #6750
Poochie05

Morning everyone, a bright morning with a hint of sunshine.
I’m kitchenside, having coffee, mulling over a presentation I have to give during the week.
Getting a delivery from Ikea and they just rang to say they’ll be here in an hour.
Hope you all have a good day.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion