Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finglas Area

Options
  • 17-04-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Finglas of McKee ave. I'm just wondering what the area is like as I've heard mixed reports.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wackodeco wrote: »
    Hi

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Finglas of McKee ave. I'm just wondering what the area is like as I've heard mixed reports.

Clearstream court or Heath Square?
    That area of finglas would be relatively quiet.

It can be a rat run from the village up to the newer areas of Charlestown, Cityside, Lanesborough and further towards the backroads to Swords.

My only concern is that's its a busy road, especially if you have young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I live in Ballygall, just back towards town a little. Been here for 5 years and honestly it's grand. The bits of Finglas you hear about on the news are across into Finglas West. Most of the folks in the village and around that area are older more established families or folks with young kids moving out from town etc.

We do get some trouble with young lads on scramblers occasionally, and one or two eggs thrown at our sitting room window, mostly where our cat sits and looks out at the goings on :rolleyes: Nothing major though. I like it around there tbh. People are generally sound (I'm not originally from the area).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wackodeco

kceire wrote: »
    Clearstream court or Heath Square?
    That area of finglas would be relatively quiet.

It can be a rat run from the village up to the newer areas of Charlestown, Cityside, Lanesborough and further towards the backroads to Swords.

My only concern is that's its a busy road, especially if you have young children.

Im thinking about Clearstream

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Aoibhinn41

Hi There

Just reviving this post as I am currently thinking of buying in Clearstream (a house) as oppose to apartment and just wondering how you found the area if you purchased there?

What are the residents like? Is it quiet? Is there much anti social behaviour in the complex?
    Do you have any regrets about buying there?

Thanks
    Aoibh

Advertisement