Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TV 3's pathetic attempt at trying to make a reeling in the years clone called don't look back in anger, nice try ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mikemac2 wrote: »
    On a one year fixed term contract. I applied for a permanent role but didn’t get it, fair nuff

When I started zero procedures existed so I wrote a manual over 100 pages and lots of screenshots to help me

Now I’m told to train up the new permanent staff member and give over my notes.

Oh yeah I’ll be friendly and professional, the new person is nice but I’m feeling like managements lackey

I’m not good enough for perm but I’m good enough to train someone to be perm :/

I'd be telling them to stick it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hearing horrible things about two of my friends (from a mutual friend) and not knowing what to think... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Retweeting a pic from Cristiano Ronaldo with his kids and having two (now former) friends making all manner of nasty comments.

One ending with "support women you bitch".

Lovely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hey guy driving the black Mercedes van, what's the story, you nearly clipped me 3 times and it looks like you were trying to do it on purpose.
    Pr*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My missus had her flight cancelled last night. The early morning flight got booked out before she had a chance to get a seat so she had to opt for the 11.40 one which means that she won't be home until 2pm. The cat sitters dropped the keys through the letter box yesterday because she was supposed to be back last night so the poor cat must be out of food by now and wondering why he's on his own. I have the guilts over it. My missus also has a deadline in work today but she'll be lucky to make it in by 3pm so there's no way she'll make it. The poor girl is stressed to feck and I feel so bad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Posters on social media who start their sentence with "Jaysus".
    Really shows up one of our Irish communication skill deficits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My missus had her flight cancelled last night. The early morning flight got booked out before she had a chance to get a seat so she had to opt for the 11.40 one which means that she won't be home until 2pm. The cat sitters dropped the keys through the letter box yesterday because she was supposed to be back last night so the poor cat must be out of food by now and wondering why he's on his own. I have the guilts over it. My missus also has a deadline in work today but she'll be lucky to make it in by 3pm so there's no way she'll make it. The poor girl is stressed to feck and I feel so bad for her.

Cats are fairly durable, it'll just sleep to conserve energy.
    Plus, it has a set of keys to play with as well to entertain itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Still feeling so hurt and heartsick over the end of my relationship even though its been 4 months now.
    I genuinely don't know how people whose marriages end or partners pass away get up in the morning. This is torture.
    The pain will ease eventually and you will be stronger. If you had stayed with that ar$ehole you'd have had a lifetime of misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

On a one year fixed term contract. I applied for a permanent role but didn’t get it, fair nuff

When I started zero procedures existed so I wrote a manual over 100 pages and lots of screenshots to help me

Oh yeah I’ll be friendly and professional, the new person is nice but I’m feeling like managements lackey

Sorry, can't. The dog ate them. Oopsies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Of course I can. But I want an extra 5 grand for the use of my intellectual property."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You made the classic mistake of not making yourself indispensable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Trying to decide on new coat. One I really like is over €40 (which isn't bad for a coat) I'm just not sure I should be spending that much. There's one I like less which is cheaper at just over €20, but it doesn't have a hood or button/zip at the front. Don't know what to dooooo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Trying to decide on new coat. One I really like is over €40 (which isn't bad for a coat) I'm just not sure I should be spending that much. There's one I like less which is cheaper at just over €20, but it doesn't have a hood or button/zip at the front. Don't know what to dooooo :confused:

Buy cheap buy twice. Buy the best one you can afford.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Cats are fairly durable, it'll just sleep to conserve energy.
    Plus, it has a set of keys to play with as well to entertain itself escape and plot to take over the world, like I'm certain all cats do.

Sorted that for you there!!!!!! ** runs **

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Supposed professionals who write their emails in Comic Sans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This sh*t. Especially the last one. That's a made up sign which means that somebody imagined it, somebody made it and then someone else displayed it. That's three different people.

p01l62wp.jpg

dd7a9506f088f416c7e7cf62c426265f.jpg

image-e1462541498972.jpeg

Omackeral wrote: »
    This sh*t. Especially the last one. That's a made up sign which means that somebody imagined it, somebody made it and then someone else displayed it. That's three different people.

p01l62wp.jpg

dd7a9506f088f416c7e7cf62c426265f.jpg

image-e1462541498972.jpeg

My desire to kill is getting stronger!!!!!!!!!

#GrammarNaziAndProud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Buy cheap buy twice. Buy the best one you can afford.

The website ended up giving me a discount code so I got the more expensive one for €35 including shipping :D

Numb face from fillings and can t eat properly till this time tomorrow *sulk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When you receive a letter from the financial institution that has taken over your mortgage and it starts..

Due to data protection etc etc we need photocopies of your passport, driving licence, utility bills, signed by Gardaí etc etc,

Now this company has been collecting my mortgage on behalf of a different company for the last 2.5 years with no bother, so now they own the mortgage why do they want all this stuff now, nothing has changed on my side.

If I protect my data by NOT sending what they want, what will happen, will they stop collecting my mortgage??

And who are they, send me their passport, licence etc, grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People knocking on my door when Im enjoying my day off on the couch in my pjs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

W@nkers are a bit of a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Think me phone is on the way out, it's getting iffy charging, lately I've missed a few calls where people said it went to voicemail despite being in good signal areas.

Part of me would like something snazzy-ish but I'm baulking at the prices when 90% of the time it's for occasional calls and texts. Not used for music/camera/games etc.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Numb face from fillings and can t eat properly till this time tomorrow *sulk*

TA'd we've no posts about what you're eating.

Hope you feel better soon Seph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My desire to kill is getting stronger!!!!!!!!!

#GrammarNaziAndProud

J*sus Wept!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

GET YOUR FRICKING ACT TOGETHER BANK OF IRELAND!! For days now Transactons have been updating. Can't see how this is taking so long. I'd give what oh maybe 48 hours for this type of thing would give 2 days in case the day was a busy one in the first 24 hours, but.... after 2 days, I'm starting to get a bit suspicious now about and want to ask questions about what ye're at. The funny thing is, - yesterday it did go full circle and everything did seem updated but then today is back like it was 2 days ago. I did ring them last night. But all's the gal on the other end of the Phone could tell me was it'll be updated whenever it's updated. Whenever that will be. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Shure what kind of useless info is that. No help. Have I go sitting down with a Calculator and totting up everything. FEIC SAKE. :mad::mad: SORT YOURSELVES OUT B.O.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

sitting for two hours at boarding gate for a delayed flight and as soon as you get up the steps you have to stand there because some gobsh..es in front of you decide they need something that's buried in their hand luggage

Think me phone is on the way out, it's getting iffy charging, lately I've missed a few calls where people said it went to voicemail despite being in good signal areas.

Part of me would like something snazzy-ish but I'm baulking at the prices when 90% of the time it's for occasional calls and texts. Not used for music/camera/games etc.

What's your budget?

Ta face is still a bit numb :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

W@nkers are a bit of a TA.

7 attempts at IVF to have a child
    #wankerandproud !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement