Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marijuana Stocks, legalities for Irish Investors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 liamo77

Anybody invest in Bldv. Looking very cheap at the moment. Can only see an upside from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

liamo77 wrote: »
    Anybody invest in Bldv. Looking very cheap at the moment. Can only see an upside from here.

Blue Diamond Ventures?, yes looks very cheap. Huge volume 16mil odd, looks like an out and out gamble, still if it hit 4cent a share would be a nice return, can't see it happening though. Not something i'd buy into to, seems like a consulting company.

Pick something actually bringing in revenue, good news out of Canntrust today. http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/CannTrust-Reports-Record-Revenue-for-Q4-and-FY-2017-1012724758

Rethinking Friday Night Inc, I think it could blow revenues out of the water if your after a small entry on a cheap stock, will be a few weeks before we know if that happened.

Most stocks listed here https://www.potnetwork.com/marijuana-stocks

Some free shares on the way for anyone holding or buying Friday night..
    www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/amp/news/190048
    1 infused mgf for every 4 Friday night held.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie66

Some free shares on the way for anyone holding or buying Friday night..
    www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/amp/news/190048
    1 infused mgf for every 4 Friday night held.

Hey drunkmonkey,

I'm looking to invest in some cannabis shares next week, I'm looking primarily at Aurora, do you have anything invested with these?

If so, did you invest in Frankfurt or Toronto? Wondering if the euro currency of Frankfurt makes that a clear winner?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 owltrader

Guys so which broker u have been using to trade Pot Stocks? Cheers

• Advertisement

Guys which broker do u recommend to trade Pot Stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

owltrader wrote: »
    Guys which broker do u recommend to trade Pot Stocks?

Degreeno or interactive tokers are great.

Is there any group in Ireland online or Offline discussing it? about pics, penny pot stocks or something like? tks..

I don't know this 2 brokers? research but was uncuseefully ? any broker to trade Pot Stocks?

+1 for Degreeno, it beet dem udder brokers bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Don't mind the hippies above.

Degiro or Interactive Brokers

This is probably the hypiest time to get in so don't bet anything you can't afford to loose... or hang on to for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Guys so which broker u have been using to trade Pot Stocks? Cheers
    Probably a bit late to the party, but some analysts see Canopy Growth hitting 100 CAD per share.

No Party's not over Canada has a weed shortage, we need to find who's got loads to supply.

heffo500 wrote: »
    Probably a bit late to the party, but some analysts see Canopy Growth hitting 100 CAD per share.

Or else a major dump when people cash in.

No Party's not over Canada has a weed shortage, we need to find who's got loads to supply.

but future profit IS already priced into the share price.
    Canopy share is $70.... market cap of 16bn ..but what's their revenue for this year?

Jesus I hadn't looked in a while... more than future profit baked into that price.

It might be prudent to set up some stop losses (not at too high a price though if there's a shakedown to get some cheap shares).

I'm all out of pot except for a little punt on Friday night which I'm probably going to bail out of tomorrow with a respectable profit.

I'm all out of pot except for a little punt on Friday night which I'm probably going to bail out of tomorrow with a respectable profit.

How come you got out?

How come you got out?

Needed the money, Want to get in on CNBX with their Seedo partnership, think that could be the next iPhone. Seedo are meant to be doing a launch with some top celebrity very shortly, probably someone like snoop. It's not listed on Degiro though.

• Advertisement

Tnks for the tip. Yeah think so the hype is not at the top yet. Will try buy some dips not much money actually. But I know I'm late for the party..

Lads is there any group to talk live about the markets and opportunities? Like Telegram, Discord or something like that.. cheers.

Join a live trading room.

which on u recommends?

Lads is there any group to talk live about the markets and opportunities? Like Telegram, Discord or something like that.. cheers.

Reddit weedstocks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭route9

Just found this thread!

Looking to invest in Cronos Group (CRON) given their growth prospects now look excellent with the $1.8 billion investment by Altria! That's going to allow them to scale massively and invest heavily in R&D.

Has anyone invested lately?

route9 wrote: »
    Just found this thread!

Looking to invest in Cronos Group (CRON) given their growth prospects now look excellent with the $1.8 billion investment by Altria! That's going to allow them to scale massively and invest heavily in R&D.

Has anyone invested lately?

Just took a little punt on RTI at $1CA. Apparently a better patented form of extraction.

then I think that's me done , it's been too much of a roller coaster for my health :pac:

Because it's post legalisation I doubt the crazy rises will appear again. Everyone is focused on the boring ordinary stuff like cost of producing, earnings, mergers, acquisitions yadda yadda. So be careful about thinking it's an exciting new opportunity.
    Loads of pumping going on... and here's my pump.

Aphria... short attack over so probably heading back to $20 . Customers love the broken coast brand supported by Aphria.
    Canopy : The sensible big boss bet, but doubt it'll push past 70 again for a long time. It tipped 60ish again but back in the 50s again
    ACB : Loads of people pi$$$$$ng on this but it's big enough to have a presence globally.
    Organigram: the new favourite. Don't think it's big enough to justify anything above 10 in the meantime.

3 bios worth looking at
    InMed
    RTI
    TBP

But again, it's clinical trials so a long punt. If it replaces painkillers and other drugs with serious side effects then they could be good.

I tipped another biopharma Kaly before at 17c (sorry!) but they're dwindling down around 8c . Could be a while yet before trials are in but im still tempted to 'average down'... i saw them go to 45c but didn't sell, like an idiot :(
    They're one to watch for a rinse and repeat every few months.

Cronos: Never put them on my radar for some reason.

Seems like more and more countries are smelling tax dollars so the Canadians might have won out on the 1st mover advantage.

USA are just messy and all over the shop, but you might see some private money swoop in and take it all.

Just took a little punt on RTI at $1CA. Apparently a better patented form of extraction.

then I think that's me done , it's been too much of a roller coaster for my health :pac:

Because it's post legalisation I doubt the crazy rises will appear again. Everyone is focused on the boring ordinary stuff like cost of producing, earnings, mergers, acquisitions yadda yadda. So be careful about thinking it's an exciting new opportunity.
    Loads of pumping going on... and here's my pump.

Aphria... short attack over so probably heading back to $20 . Customers love the broken coast brand supported by Aphria.
    Canopy : The sensible big boss bet, but doubt it'll push past 70 again for a long time. It tipped 60ish again but back in the 50s again
    ACB : Loads of people pi$$$$$ng on this but it's big enough to have a presence globally.
    Organigram: the new favourite. Don't think it's big enough to justify anything above 10 in the meantime.

3 bios worth looking at
    InMed
    RTI
    TBP

But again, it's clinical trials so a long punt. If it replaces painkillers and other drugs with serious side effects then they could be good.

I tipped another biopharma Kaly before at 17c (sorry!) but they're dwindling down around 8c . Could be a while yet before trials are in but im still tempted to 'average down'... i saw them go to 45c but didn't sell, like an idiot :(
    They're one to watch for a rinse and repeat every few months.

Cronos: Never put them on my radar for some reason.

Seems like more and more countries are smelling tax dollars so the Canadians might have won out on the 1st mover advantage.

USA are just messy and all over the shop, but you might see some private money swoop in and take it all.

Yeah definitely seems like there's not going to be a huge lift, even if it's legalised at a federal level in the US, there should be a surge but probably not a massive one and it'll level out then I reckon. Might be a slow burner over time. That said, in three years it could be up in the hundreds per share, that'll be a big jump from $20!

Surprised Cronos hasn't been on your radar, it's gone from a dollar to $20 in two years! That would have been a sweet profit to make! The reason I am considering investing is what if it goes from $20 to something like $80 or $100 after full legalisation in the US and / or excellent earnings results. And onwards and upwards from there...

Even a doubling of the share price in the short term would be pretty sweet, although I'd be investing for the medium-long term.

route9 wrote: »
    Yeah definitely seems like there's not going to be a huge lift, even if it's legalised at a federal level in the US, there should be a surge but probably not a massive one and it'll level out then I reckon. Might be a slow burner over time. That said, in three years it could be up in the hundreds per share, that'll be a big jump from $20!

Surprised Cronos hasn't been on your radar, it's gone from a dollar to $20 in two years! That would have been a sweet profit to make! The reason I am considering investing is what if it goes from $20 to something like $80 or $100 after full legalisation in the US and / or excellent earnings results. And onwards and upwards from there...

Even a doubling of the share price in the short term would be pretty sweet, although I'd be investing for the medium-long term.

I've had Canopy go from $9 to $60 so that's kept me distracted:D
    Only had a small play though. Shoulda thrown everything I could scrape together into it.

In terms of full legalistaion in the US I can't see it happening at a federal level for at least another year or so.

Do you follow r/weedstocks ? It had a steady level of new subscribers but there's been a jump of 20k in the last month so I suspect every post may not be genuine, although it's always been that way to some degree but this looks like the sharks are controlling the sentiment.

• Advertisement

I've had Canopy go from $9 to $60 so that's kept me distracted:D
    Only had a small play though. Shoulda thrown everything I could scrape together into it.

In terms of full legalistaion in the US I can't see it happening at a federal level for at least another year or so.

Do you follow r/weedstocks ? It had a steady level of new subscribers but there's been a jump of 20k in the last month so I suspect every post may not be genuine, although it's always been that way to some degree but this looks like the sharks are controlling the sentiment.

Ah I had a quick look the other day but don't like Reddit - so messy. I would take those opinions and most others with a pinch of salt anyway! I did read an interview with one investor saying he thinks CRON is massively overvalued, and that the Altria deal hasn't even been approved yet.

The Trump administration is apparently against any changes to federal laws, and so if he gets in again it could be a long time before it is legalised.

Do you reckon there'd be a huge jump if it did happen? I would say aside from that it could be a slow burner. At the same time I don't see it going down too much.

Sure, it could drop from $20 to $10 or below or whatever, but I'd say it's more likely to be around the same or up around the $30-$40 mark a year from now, if the Altria deal is approved, they report good earnings and more states legalise.

Just not sure if it's worth it, although if it's up at $100 or something in 18 months / 2 years, I'll be like noooooo :)

Advertisement