Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CG1 self assessment Tax paid directly to collector general

• 24-04-2019 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

I'm just finishing out a late filing CG1 tax form and this box has me stumped. It's box f of the self assessment section. Does it mean the total tax paid that year ie the CGT I'm filing for PLUS any income tax I paid? Or is it something different?

Best regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

It's a CGT return. Income Tax doesn't come into it. What they want is the amount (if any) of CGT already paid by you toward events in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billy The Quid

Stratvs wrote: »
    It's a CGT return. Income Tax doesn't come into it. What they want is the amount (if any) of CGT already paid by you toward events in that period.

How does this differ from the balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

How does this differ from the balance?

If you didn't make any payment of CGT in the year against the events concerned then the total due and the balance will be the same.

If you did make a payment of CGT against the relevant year then you deduct that and the balance will be what's left to pay now, if any.

Advertisement