Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tesla38

about dividend processing fee for custody account? 1euro+3%. when is that applied?

anyone checked trade 212?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

sharky86 wrote: »
    too much choice!!! I have no idea where to start with DeGiro -what how to buy etc.
    Research - it takes time.

what is better?to buy US shares in usd american exchange or in euro in Frankfurt for example,same company?there is cost and exchange rate to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

tesla38 wrote: »
    what is better?to buy US shares in usd american exchange or in euro in Frankfurt for example,same company?there is cost and exchange rate to consider

Degiro rates are so low for US I'd always choose the US exchange for liquidity, timezone, and up to date pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Kilboor wrote: »
    Degiro rates are so low for US I'd always choose the US exchange for liquidity, timezone, and up to date pricing.

Agree, I made the mistake of using Frankfurt and Extra etc when I first started using degiro. No real benefit (currency fluctuations are inadvertently built in to the Euro price anyway!) but a lot more expensive. Stick to US Exchanges for US Stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Anyone ever had issues with Degiro not having stocks listed that you want to trade? One was even on the LSE for me.

heffo500 wrote: »
    Anyone ever had issues with Degiro not having stocks listed that you want to trade? One was even on the LSE for me.

Yes but I've never followed up with them. As far as I know you can contact them regarding this and they may add it?

Yes but I've never followed up with them. As far as I know you can contact them regarding this and they may add it?

I received the below from DeGiro:

An internal request has been made to have this product added to the platform. Please be aware that after a product insertion request has been made products are added to the WebTrader on a best available basis. Once the product is successfully added, we will get in contact.

Not much use when you want to buy something quickly, I cannot understand why all the stocks on the LSE are not covered at a minimum.

I received the below from DeGiro:

An internal request has been made to have this product added to the platform. Please be aware that after a product insertion request has been made products are added to the WebTrader on a best available basis. Once the product is successfully added, we will get in contact.

Not much use when you want to buy something quickly, I cannot understand why all the stocks on the LSE are not covered at a minimum.

Strange one, I wonder how they base it but good that you can actually add them eventually.

Thanks for the update.

• Advertisement

Strange one, I wonder how they base it to be honest but good that you can actually add them eventually.

Thanks for the update.

Its very frustrating the stock I wanted to purchase is up 5.71% since I first made the enquiry.

I even have seen the issue whereby some Blackrock iShares listed on the LSE are not on the platform.

Its very frustrating the stock I wanted to purchase is up 5.71% since I first made the enquiry.

I even have seen the issue whereby some Blackrock iShares listed on the LSE are not on the platform.

That's the disappointing aspect of Degiro. One day we will have Robinhood.... One day :P

Yes, LMT.

Their response was a good one.

"It isn't available because they produce Cluster Ammunition."

:D

Taylor365 wrote: »
    "It isn't available because they produce Cluster Ammunition."

:D

That's a duckin' brilliant excuse! I wish all stockbrokers behaved like this.

dotsman wrote: »
    That's a duckin' brilliant excuse! I wish all stockbrokers behaved like this.
    Even though it's contained in many indexes that are traded....

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Even though it's contained in many indexes that are traded....

That's what I would be afraid of. Scum always finds a way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Can anyone tell me why the Irish stock exchange listing, now euronext are not updating in degiro? PTSB showing at 1.23 the last week without any movement.

That's the disappointing aspect of Degiro. One day we will have Robinhood.... One day :P

I have lost patience with Degiro, I requested an ISIN on the LSE was added on the 28th of March and its now May, Still not added.

I set up an IG account this morning, anyone used one before?

The online stockbroker IG, which is headquartered in London, has an office in Dublin and other European and international cities. It costs €10 to buy €1,000 worth of Irish shares from IG in Ireland - as long as you buy the shares online. Buy the shares over the telephone instead and the cost of doing so is €50. There are no charges to open an account with IG.

I know its nearly 5 times the prices to trade on Degiro but that's no use if they don't have coverage.

I have lost patience with Degiro, I requested an ISIN on the LSE was added on the 28th of March and its now May, Still not added.

I set up an IG account this morning, anyone used one before?

The online stockbroker IG, which is headquartered in London, has an office in Dublin and other European and international cities. It costs €10 to buy €1,000 worth of Irish shares from IG in Ireland - as long as you buy the shares online. Buy the shares over the telephone instead and the cost of doing so is €50. There are no charges to open an account with IG.

I know its nearly 5 times the prices to trade on Degiro but that's no use if they don't have coverage.

Frustrated myself trying to transfer money. Was trying a Trustly transfer and it wasn't going through so tried again. Whole day nothing, then this morning 3 transactons from my bank account and no deposit on my broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Frustrated myself trying to transfer money. Was trying a Trustly transfer and it wasn't going through so tried again. Whole day nothing, then this morning 3 transactons from my bank account and no deposit on my broker.

European bank holiday yesterday, I would say that is the reason for the transfers been delayed yesterday.

• Advertisement

sharky86 wrote: »
    European bank holiday yesterday, I would say that is the reason for the transfers been delayed yesterday.

Ahhh I didn't put 2 and 2 together... thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I can't figure out how to do currency trading on DeGiro. Is it possible?

Degiro confirmed to me they cannot add Trusts to our trading platform at this time.

I have queried why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

First time depositing money into Degiro. Doing it via the web using Trustly. They are asking for my Bank of Ireland login details as part of the transfer request. It doesn't sit right with me. Is it safe to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

OmegaRed wrote: »
    First time depositing money into Degiro. Doing it via the web using Trustly. They are asking for my Bank of Ireland login details as part of the transfer request. It doesn't sit right with me. Is it safe to do so?
    Why are you using Trustly for this? You should be able to just transfer money from your Bank Of Ireland account to your Degiro account.

Yes it is safe to do so.

I believe this is a result of the PSD initiative although I could be wrong on this. From what I recall working on related projects, PSD requires all European consumer (and corporate) bank accounts to have APIs that allow third party access to make payments etc on that accounts behalf. Basically there is strict security around the area. Unless you're being keylogged you're fine.

200 is the max with trustly for instant deposit btw. The portal you see was most likely built by BOI themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I wouldn't use them for the same reason. It's goes against all sense to share my bank log in details.

I just transfer from my own account. Takes a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Wheety wrote: »
    I wouldn't use them for the same reason. It's goes against all sense to share my bank log in details.

I just transfer from my own account. Takes a few days.

Thanks for the replies folks. Forgot I actually had them setup manually in my BOI 365 already so just did the manual transfer as above. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I was exactly the same. I even rang AIB to check it out with them...but they said its legit. The first transfer was through my bank..think that was to confirm the account, but after that I use Trustly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Are yous going with basic or custody accounts lads?

Advertisement