Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upgrade to Mercedes Benz A Class

• 13-04-2019 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey Boards,

So I have a 131 Toyota Yaris (1.0 litre) currently with 75000 Kms. I live in Waterford, but have gotten a job in Kilkenny City (50kms commute each way). I would be spending about 50-60 euro a week on petrol. So I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1.5 diesel, Mercedes a class. Maybe 2013-2015 year and financing it. Probably be about 330-370 a month to finance. I know it will still be more expensive in the long run, but I'm hoping to save a bit on gas, and maybe have a car that will last a little longer too.

PS, it is my dream car at the moment, would love the leather seats and if it was in blue.

I suppose I'm asking if anyone has had a similar model and how it fares on petrol and if it's reliable. Also if I would be better off waiting a while and seeing how everything goes and keep driving my Yaris for a bit. I am financing my Yaris at the moment, with about 7k remaining on it. But I am aiming to pay it off early and actually have it owned by Christmas.

Thanks in advance for any replies or advice, really appreciate it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect this would be better asked in the motoring forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It sounds like this is more of a heart than head decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maccyd13

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It sounds like this is more of a heart than head decision!

It probably is. But, logically, I think I will hold off on buying it until I pay off my current finance. Then make a decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It all depends on how much disposable income you have. The fuel saving won’t even put a dent in the extra money you’ll spend.

Advertisement