Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Charm

• 09-11-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

I badly sprained my ankle after being chased by a bull when I was about 15 and needed a crutch as I couldn't bear weight.

My folks took me to some bloke's house for the charm. He removed my bandage, rubbed my ankle a little and had a bit of a chat. I was thinking 'this is bollocks', but held my counsel.

He said 'you should be able to put some weight on that now'. I got up and, whilst not 100% perfect, I was able to put weight on the leg and cast my crutch aside.

I suppose Bartimaeus must've felt greater elation, but he at least had faith: Jesus said unto him, "Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole". And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I badly sprained my ankle after being chased by a bull when I was about 15 and needed a crutch as I couldn't bear weight.

My folks took me to some bloke's house for the charm. He removed my bandage, rubbed my ankle a little and had a bit of a chat. I was thinking 'this is bollocks', but held my counsel.

He was thinking 'this is bullocks' before he knew how it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

He said 'you should be able to put some weight on that now'. I got up and, whilst not 100% perfect, I was able to put weight on the leg and cast my crutch aside.

I suppose Bartimaeus must've felt greater elation, but he at least had faith: Jesus said unto him, "Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole". And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

We're you gathering them "mushrooms" at the time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

He rubbed your ankle and had a bit of a chat. Hmmmm sounds dodge to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

GMSA wrote: »
    He rubbed your ankle and had a bit of a chat. Hmmmm sounds dodge to me.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

This belongs in christianity/paranormal/sceptics forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Effects wrote: »
    This belongs in christianity/paranormal/sceptics forum.

Nah we can have much more fun with it here.:D

Advertisement