Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HEO in Revenue 2017 announced

Options
  • 10-05-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Yesterday they announced an Internal HEO competition in Revenue.

Any tips for the form or interview.

You can apply for Dublin Only or Outside Dublin or both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaryBH

I'm looking for the same.

Dubtravel..do you have staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Where did u see this guys, I'm off at the min was it emailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Yep, same as every other confined competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Mumof220122016

Cheers will get someone to forward it to me

Yep, same as every other confined competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Derpados

It's going to be tough preliminary presentation, they will be ruthless. :(

• Advertisement

Derpados wrote: »
    It's going to be tough preliminary presentation, they will be ruthless. :(

It's a competition, it should hardly be easy should it?!

Even if it was "easy" and they panelled everyone, there's only as many positions as there is, which means easy or hard, you still need to be in the top X number of candidates to get the job... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Derpados

I never said easy, just preliminary interview then full interview there will be alot of competition, as they are not doing psychometric testing.

Derpados wrote: »
    I never said easy, just preliminary interview then full interview there will be alot of competition, as they are not doing psychometric testing.

My point remains the same, if there's gonna be 100 appointments off that panel over its life then you need to be in the top 100, regardless of how hard the process is. The more there is to it, the more chance there is that the best, most resilient people get through it.

As for psychometric testing, it's no great loss, I've seen plenty of very capable people at various grades, who would have a great story to tell at interview, arbitrarily failing to get their shot at an interview over not being the type of person who does well in psychometric tests. (And I say that as someone who sails through psychometric tests in the top few percent.)

2 interviews with 2 different boards also means there's more chance that the spoofers who are all talk and no substance, will be caught out. We all know them, the ones who everyone else looks at and mutter,"how the f#$k did (s)he get on that panel?!"...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Guys the presentation part of the preliminary interview on the Team leadership are you thinking a single strong example or two are three examples to be "fleshed out" at the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Hi, I'm thinking of applying and nervous at the thought of it! This will be my first time.

Have ye gone for this a few times or are ye first timers like myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is this only open to people currently working in revenue or all of the civil service?

Is this only open to people currently working in revenue or all of the civil service?

Confined to Revenue.

Well I bit the bullet and decided to apply.

Anyone have a crystal ball and take a guesstimate when the interviews will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Skippette wrote:
    Anyone have a crystal ball and take a guesstimate when the interviews will be?

Probably mid to late June? The POs have to deem you suitable first which may take a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

The form had a note requesting details of Leave for June and July so I would say they'll be held late June to early July.

Though it could be a tight time of year to form a panel. And quite a few are eligible to apply. And a two step interview process...And they're doing AO Interviews currently and EO Applications. Could be late July!!

sinorita wrote: »
    Probably mid to late June? The POs have to deem you suitable first which may take a while...

Hi Sinorita, thanks was kinda hoping it would be in June.

On holidays the first 2 weeks in July and don't want it hanging over me, saying that it probably won't cross my mind too often with my toes in the sand!

I also asked my PO if i was suitable before i applied, so he better not go back on his word!

Wonder when we'll hear of our interview date etc?

I was speaking to my PO, he got the application yesterday and gave me the all clear.

I thought things would move quicker than this, when they wanted to know your leave for June and July.

Exactly. I think they had to have their replies into Dublin today. So maybe next week we might hear something!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Skippette wrote: »
    I was speaking to my PO, he got the application yesterday and gave me the all clear.

I thought things would move quicker than this, when they wanted to know your leave for June and July.

Do they ever NOT give the all clear?

• Advertisement

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Do they ever NOT give the all clear?

Absolutely. I know of a district where only slightly more than half of the applicants were cleared.

A strong PO will have the courage to say to people who haven't proven themselves, "sorry but I wouldn't be happy to have you walk in here as a HEO in the morning. Now, if you want to prove yourself before the next competition comes around, I'll give you plenty of opportunities...".

No point the PO and APs whinging when some spoofer who shouldn't get to interview, is cleared and then does a great interview, gets placed high on a panel and gets the promotion ahead of people who are actually suitable.

A weak PO will clear everyone, for a peaceful life.

Absolutely. I know of a district where only slightly more than half of the applicants were cleared.

A strong PO will have the courage to say to people who haven't proven themselves, "sorry but I wouldn't be happy to have you walk in here as a HEO in the morning. Now, if you want to prove yourself before the next competition comes around, I'll give you plenty of opportunities...".

No point the PO and APs whinging when some spoofer who shouldn't get to interview, is cleared and then does a great interview, gets placed high on a panel and gets the promotion ahead of people who are actually suitable.

A weak PO will clear everyone, for a peaceful life.

Wow, the first thing I did before applying was approach my P.O. and ask him if he thought I was suitable before torturing myself with the application. I would rather find out from him first informally before putting myself out there.

Anyone else get a date? I've got mine next Tues!

Oh wow Sinorita!

There's a Presentation Skills course coming up in the next couple of weeks, they said they were having them before the HEO interviews.

Were ye offered them??

Skippette wrote:
    There's a Presentation Skills course coming up in the next couple of weeks, they said they were having them before the HEO interviews.
    Skippette wrote:
    Were ye offered them??

Yes I was down to attend one of the sessions next Wed, the day after my presentation! Have asked if it's possible to swap to the session this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

Did anyone have their prelim interview with presentation? How did it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Had mine last Thurs, don't think it went well. Wasn't confident enough going in but who knows, might surprise myself

Danielle D wrote:
    Had mine last Thurs, don't think it went well. Wasn't confident enough going in but who knows, might surprise myself

It's always hard to know. Chin up. Hope we find out next week

Anyone know if the interviews have finished up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Skippette wrote:
    Anyone know if the interviews have finished up yet?

Think last week was the end of them. Hopefully we get results this week.

Advertisement