Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what this is III

• 11-02-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭

I remember them

car.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not a clue, I'm going to need a hint (or three).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

mike65 wrote:
    Not a clue, I'm going to need a hint (or three)

<sherlock h.> British reg, RHD, so most likely either Japanese or European. It doesn't look Japanese, so it must be European </sherlock h.>

And it's not British

<sherlock h.> So it is European, not British, so it's normally LHD. This one is RHD so it must be a fairly common car that they bothered to produce it with RHD as well. Probably one of the top 10 (or so) continental European car manufacturers of the time so </sherlock h.>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It looks very FIAT. Is it an Abarth 124 Coupe?

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

<sherlock h.> British reg, RHD, so most likely either Japanese or European. It doesn't look Japanese, so it must be European </sherlock h.>

And it's not British

<sherlock h.> So it is European, not British, so it's normally LHD. This one is RHD so it must be a fairly common car that they bothered to produce it with RHD as well. Probably one of the top 10 (or so) continental European car manufacturers of the time so </sherlock h.>

I thought of all that (well most of it!) but I cant spot any styling clues..

Mike.

BrianD3 wrote:
    It looks very FIAT. Is it an Abarth 124 Coupe?

124 Coupe:

124coupe_srs2.jpg

So nope
    mike65 wrote:
    I thought of all that (well most of it!) but I cant spot any styling clues..

BrianD3 did :)

It's not a FIAT but the designer is from the same country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It's a Simca Bertone coupe, but someones stuck a grill on the front. Not much use to the engine in the boot.

alastair wrote:
    It's a Simca Bertone coupe

Hot, so hot :D

Gonna give you a cigar anyway but someone has got to come up with the details

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Yeah - thats not a standard Bertone Coupe though...the wheels are wrong & the original didn't have air vents on the bonnet - besides, most of the standard bertone coupe's were around 1966/67 & that's a UK 'G' reg which puts it at 1969

I'm going for the cigar again.....

Not sure of the details, but Simca produced a Bertone 'S' Coupe around '69 - I think it was an 1100 or 1200 cc engine ??

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Simca 1200S Coupé, produced from 67-71 with a 80bhp 1200cc engine in the back. The 2nd incarnation of the model as the 1st series, the 1000 Coupé ran from 62-67 without an open grill at the front and a measly 998cc engine.
    It's sitting on non-standard alloys and it's an extremely rare survivor in RHD, since they already were extremely rust sensitive on the continent, let alone in a "damper" climate as the UK and Irl...

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    Simca 1200S Coupé

Big Cuban cigar for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Such a knowledgeable lot on here - and I thought I knew all types of cars :confused:

Advertisement