Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale or long lend....

Options
  • 24-01-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

I have an engine hoist, 4 axle stands, spring compressors and a trolley jack (and some other bits and bobs) that my wife would like to not be in the house - especially given that the car is away being restored in the UK...

Would anyone be interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Yeah I'll take her off your hands for a while but if she starts moaning about my car stuff you can have her back!!!! :D:p :eek: seriously though..What weight ratings are the axle stands and trolley jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

2 ton trolley jack, 1 ton engine hoist, think the axle stands are 1 ton rated(?)
    You'd need a van to take the engine hoist though..v heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I'm interested in the Hoist and the spring compressors.

and also curious as to what constitutes some other bits and bobs.

Any chance of a pic of the hoist, and some indication on prices

does the hoist fold or is it dismantleable?

I'm still interested......

Photo of engine hoist attached. It cost me about €400 but the hardware store saw me coming!
    Call it €100 if you can pick the yoke up. (You will need a VAN - or maybe a Volvo estate?)

• Advertisement

Deal.

Not sure how I'll arrange collection yet, my estate is off the road, but a mate has a longwheelbase trooper.

pm me your contact details, cos I'll be driving a van today and I might (and I stress might) be able to make it to dublin tonight)

Is the recent quietness on this due to inability to get transport or a realisation of how daunting the prospect of engine hoist ownership can be :D

Transport is the issue.

I "had" a peugeot 405 estate that I'm sure would have been man enough for the job.

that's currently laid up with a leaky heater.

I'm currently trying to locate a trailer small enough to be comfortably drawn around dublin.

twelve and fourteen foot ones are no problem, something nice and tidy is proving suprisingly difficult to come by.

engine crane ownership can't be any worse than land rover ownership can it?

engine crane ownership can't be any worse than land rover ownership can it?
    Land Rover ownership is an itch that just won't go away...at one giddy point there was a plan to trade in the Micra for a SWB Land Rover to attach a trailer to so I could tow the GT6 from place to place. Fortunately the lack of residual value in a Nissan Micra put that in perspective....

I bought the land rover to tow future classics about, that was 18 months ago and the rebuild is still underway.

• Advertisement

Hi Merrion,

I think I'm sorted.

I have lined up a lovely 8x4 trailer, it needs wheel bearings but I can get that done on thursday morning.

I could make it up thursday evening or sunday, I'm not that pushed either way, just need to get the auld lad to give me his car for the day cos my current wheels ain't got a hitch.

also, how much of the stuff is still for sale? you mentioned in the original post that you had some other bits and bobs, what have you got / how much money do I need to bring.

I can't find the trolley jack, but you can have the engine hoist and 4 axle stands and spring compressors (if I can find them..?) for €100

Thursday evening suits - Sunday not so good.
    Will PM phone numbers etc.

Advertisement