Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rolls Royce restoration

• 06-12-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm UK based and have bought a 1971 Irish/Dublin RR Silver Shadow . Its a bit tatty but restoration is going well. I don't have any paperwork/log book but have an old tax disc with the reg number, can any body tell me how I can re-register the car on its original reg number in Ireland,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

The procedure if you where here invokes getting a document certified by the Gardai (police) and then you can be issued a new log book. See http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/motoring_1/buying_or_selling_a_vehicle/change_of_ownership.html

No idea if there is a procedure you could use directly from the uk - but I fear it could get complex. I suspect the best bet is to contact the department of transport - their details on the linked page.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

As above, you need form rf134 and €12, it has to be stamped and your signature witnessed in a Garda station.
    Whether somebody else could do it for you, I don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishsundance

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

is the vehicle registered in your name, if not you need a statuary declaration form and get it witnessed by a solicitor or commisioner also you need to get a garage to declare the make and model,afik the form is only available from the tax office you don't need to bother with the guards for this application

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Silvera

is the vehicle registered in your name, if not you need a statuary declaration form and get it witnessed by a solicitor or commisioner also you need to get a garage to declare the make and model,afik the form is only available from the tax office you don't need to bother with the guards for this application

That 'Declaration' form is available in Garda stations.

It includes two sections -
    - One section for a solicitor/commissioner to complete and,
    - One section for a garage to stamp/complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Silvera wrote: »
    That 'Declaration' form is available in Garda stations.

It includes two sections -
    - One section for a solicitor/commissioner to complete and,
    - One section for a garage to stamp/complete.

Is this the form?

http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/RoadsandTraffic/MotorTax/Documents/STATUTORY%20DECLARATION.pdf

Paddy

thats it good find,i wonder can the op get a garage and solicitor over there to do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

Seeing you are going to have it re-registered in the U.K. it may be worth a call to the D.V.L.A and see what their requirements are. ( 0300 7906802 ) It may be easier than going the Irish route.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why would you want to have an irish plate if youre in the UK..just curious..

sounds like he is bringing it back here

• Advertisement

Yes, when I return to Dublin in a few years time ,I'll bring it back with me,thanks for all the posts by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You may get issued with a ZV, I suspect you will need more than a taxdisc to authenticate the car.

...tell me more, the last thing I want is a ZV, the original Irish reg was what sealed the deal!

Firstly..are you 100% the tax disc is from THAT car..???

Secondly FWIW i bought an old bike with no paperwork last year, i just rang shannon with the reg number and they sent me a new cert...was i lucky..:confused:

Firstly..are you 100% the tax disc is from THAT car..???

Secondly FWIW i bought an old bike with no paperwork last year, i just rang shannon with the reg number and they sent me a new cert...was i lucky..:confused:

You rang them (i.e. sent no paperwork to them?) and the just sent you a new cert? Even though you weren't the registered owner??

...tell me more, the last thing I want is a ZV, the original Irish reg was what sealed the deal!

Why dont you write to the relevant motor tax office (i.e. in the county of original registration), supply them with what info you have (i.e. chassis number, make/model, colour, copy of tax disc, photo of car, copy of your driving licence and proof of address) and ask them to confirm if the reg number you have belongs to that car? That would be a good start.

Silvera wrote: »
    You rang them (i.e. sent no paperwork to them?) and the just sent you a new cert? Even though you weren't the registered owner??

Yep.....unbelievable you might think..but true..

Yep.....unbelievable you might think..but true..

Unbelievable is right! I've never heard about a situation like that before?! They normally require plently of paperwork before sending reg certs away in the post. You must have been very lucky (or happened upon a new employee who didnt know what they were doing).

Advertisement