Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WANTED: '88 Opel Omega Estate for filming next Tuesday in Wicklow

• 26-11-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I had to set up a new account as I can't access my old one.
    As the title says, I'm looking for a late eighties Opel Omega estate for a filming job next Tuesday in Wicklow. The car needs to be a light colour.
    Failing that, I might be able to use a similar vehicle if it looks close to what I need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

moviecars wrote: »
    Hi all, I had to set up a new account as I can't access my old one.
    As the title says, I'm looking for a late eighties Opel Omega estate for a filming job next Tuesday in Wicklow. The car needs to be a light colour.
    Failing that, I might be able to use a similar vehicle if it looks close to what I need.
    Jesus is it 20 years already?
    is it a film or a mini series or what ?

edit Tom's one was black so maybe i've got the wrong end of the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moviecars

It's for an Irish TV show, I can't give too much away, only that it'll be no more than a few hours filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thought it would be a remake of the esb ad when I saw the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moviecars

Thanks guys, I got a Mercedes 200TE after, it was the closest thing to the Omega I could find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I would have thought even a late model Omega was a closer bet than a big old barge....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

Redrocket wrote: »

Alan Hughes from TV3 morning show lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Alan Hughes from TV3 morning show lol!

Yeah...i think its called "going to the George" this time....

Fcuk me, lekky must have been a lot cheaper back then...every light and appliance on in the house...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Iconic ad that often springs to mind when I've collected one of my brood from the Airport and we head for home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Iconic ad that often springs to mind when I've collected one of my brood from the Airport and we head for home.
    Hopefully in a nicer car :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

how much you would like to pay for the deal?

Advertisement