Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I gave an Ancestry DNA kit as a Christmas present

Options
  • 26-12-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I gave an Ancestry DNA kit as a Christmas present to my dad.
    I myself have an ancestry.co.uk account and have a good number of people on my tree.
    I would love to add his results to his profile on my tree but I’m not sure this is possible? Would I be better to just set up a new account for him or can I use his results as part of my tree within his “profile”?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Green Mile wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I gave an Ancestry DNA kit as a Christmas present to my dad.
    I myself have an ancestry.co.uk account and have a good number of people on my tree.
    I would love to add his results to his profile on my tree but I’m not sure this is possible? Would I be better to just set up a new account for him or can I use his results as part of my tree within his “profile”?

Set yourself up as manager of his DNA profile - you will then be able to link him to your tree. Your Dad will have to set up his own Ancestry account (or you can do this for him). He will also have to have an email address for correspondence with Ancestry. When his DNA results arrive, you can go in to his Ancestry account and change the settings to allow you to manage the account. Click on 'Sharing Preferences', then 'Change', then 'Add Person', select 'Manager' and put your email address into the window... you'll get an email inviting you to manage the profile....

Advertisement