Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug driving law

• 23-01-2021 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,

I failed a drug test recently i take about 10g of cocaine a day for the last 4 months , yes im an addict , this was my wake up call, was at the end of the road only for some good people , ovbiously with the amount i was taking the reading will be massive, is there differant penalties for higher amounts, im going for addiction treatment because i need to sort my life out, will all this benefit? What else can i do? It is my first ever offence, have a clean licence, come from a well known family that never caused trouble, a family business in the town, this was not me, but things got out of control, i was told the blood test wont be got for three months and the court could be 2 years, i just want to get everything i can perfect and ready before hand, also on a different note, the garda traffic twitter put a post and it showed by unique vechicle and the town im from the posted early in morning, 4 hours after i got out if station,it was on my whatsapp 12 different times by the time i woke up, everyone in town knows it was me, it was in all the local papers and 4 national ones, i wasnt named and reg was blanked but somehow what should be somethinf private for me i would have tried to keep it quiet, everybody knows and i cant hide

Anything that helps i appreciate

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭6541

First thing is don't beat yourself up about things. Get into the mindset of how you can defend yourself and limit your legal exposure. Some great ppl with great minds who frequent this forum will offer advice and best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

I won't be able to offer you any legal advice - but... just to say - good luck with the treatment, trust me - your future will be MUCH brighter without drugs! What is it they say - 'to appreciate the stars, one must experience the darkness'... or something like that, in other words - you've experienced the darkness - now go find that light!

Advertisement