Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scarry Cup 2015 - 5Rd FIDE rated, open to all, July 10-12

• 08-07-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Entry via the icu shop. Only €10pp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

I was thinking about entering but there is no info or contact link about this tournament, Can I get a bye saturday morning ? what guarantee do I have I won't be put into a benildus team short on players ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭2bts

Event run in conjunction with Irish Championships.
    See flyer on icu website and calendar.

:) event open to non-Benildus teams :)

2bts wrote: »
    Event run in conjunction with Irish Championships.
    See flyer on icu website and calendar.

:) event open to non-Benildus teams :)

The flyer and the the event link on icu calendar disappeared on 4th of july and only returned either late last night and early this morning and even now does't give the starting time for the rounds except round 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭2bts

@sinbad Glad you found it.
    I can only suggest you contact the organiser at the details on the flyer/website.

Scarry cup was an interesting competition.It's a swiss open,with each team made up of 6 players, only difference is that you can't be paired with your team mates .Gonzaga armstrong sending a team really lifted the standard of this competition, As for it's objective of preparing juniors for team experience in glorney, was a bit of nonsense .game experience they got but chess is one on one and many teams were artificially made up anyway and also most juniors already play in the league and familiar with teams.The location was rubbish , no parking and entrance of the hotel was just beside a busy bar were drunks seem to be hanging around all the time.I spent good bit of time hanging around o'connell street over the weekend, it's swarming with people and many unsavoury characters around but did not spot a single garda the entire time, I think they were all busy at the speed checkpoints making money for the government as protecting public doesn't pay.Air conditioning kept blowing cold air in the venue and a trip to reception became essential .As for the prize , I think free icu membership for the winning team for the following season would have been a much better prize than tournament entry voucher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement