Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Form RENT 1 - claiming rent relief

• 12-09-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

has anyone used these ever, or do they even work?:confused::confused:

you need to give the pps number of landlord, which seems difficult..:rolleyes:

the revenue just want to see if he/she are paying taxes i guess.

wonder would these work for like student accomodation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Assuming you are paying tax and paying rent, this is worth your while.

The Revenue don't really care what type of property you are renting (once its residential, etc.).

If there are any problems getting the landlords details, send in the form anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I will be a post grad student, so I assume I wont qualify for this as I wont be paying taxes..?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I will be a post grad student, so I assume I wont qualify for this as I wont be paying taxes..?

Got it in one. You can't claim tax relief if you're not paying tax - obviously ;)

You need to be earning more than about €18,000 a year to save anything anyway (think that's the lowest threshold, below that is tax free income unless you earn above it in which case everything to €34,000 is taxed at 20%)- slightly more than 40 hours a week on minimum wage, and most students do half that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement