Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. James's Hospital Archives

• 18-10-2010 9:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I have to write an essay for my History of Medicine elective and we have been advised to use primary documents to bring our word count down. I then happened to have a hospital appointment today and while talking about the module my doctor mentioned that there were high mortality rates for children in the 19th/early 20th century (I think!) due to malnutrition. I am interested in looking at this further for my essay but I have no clue where I would be able to find records for this, would anyone have any idea as to where I could go for these? I didn't think of asking my doctor at the time!

Sorry for the novel but I wanted to give an idea of what I needed and what for! :). Basically where could I find early records or general patient details for St. James's Hospital in the 19th/early 20th century.

Thanks,
    XxMCRxBabyxX :)

Comments

Advertisement