Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

zell12 wrote: »
    Tesco
    xw8O7uW.png

That Red Bush was €25 last Friday.
    What's it like compared to Black Bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭4dxc

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I got 2 x8 packs for 18 in Tesco last Friday and the offer still running if any help to you .

Yes Lidl deal is gone. Seen it on saturday in Tesco as well. No clue if it`s still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Invincible wrote: »
    That Red Bush was €25 last Friday.
    What's it like compared to Black Bush?

Its worse! In my opinion red bush would be more suited to mixing as opposed to drinking neat. Powers is vastly superior to red bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

easypazz wrote: »
    Yes but if its 20 in Dunnes as posted above thats 16 after voucher.

Or 15 with the posted vouchers I got. I got 100 and 40 vouchers 25% off. Got 4 slabs of Guinness for 55 net of voucher for 96 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,118 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Is there an end date?

The 19th it says in the ad on the paper, wouldn't be surprised if it's extended, usually this will run up to Christmas Eve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its worse! In my opinion red bush would be more suited to mixing as opposed to drinking neat. Powers is vastly superior to red bush.

Would you have tried the black barrel, any opinion?
    I really enjoy Powers but I'm torn between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Italix wrote: »
    Would you have tried the black barrel, any opinion?
    I really enjoy Powers but I'm torn between the two.

Jameson Black Barrell and Bushmills Black bush are two very different whiskeys! What are you torn between?

Im not a huge Jameson drinker but I do like Black Barrel. Iv never tried any of the caskmates bottlings though. Other posters might provide you with a little more help around the Jameson aspect of things but Black Barrel is nice IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Hogzy wrote: »
    Jameson Black Barrell and Bushmills Black bush are two very different whiskeys! What are you torn between?

Im not a huge Jameson drinker but I do like Black Barrel. Iv never tried any of the caskmates bottlings though. Other posters might provide you with a little more help around the Jameson aspect of things but Black Barrel is nice IMO.

Powers and Black barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I got 2 x8 packs for 18 in Tesco last Friday and the offer still running if any help to you .

My local Tesco Express still had 2 for 18 on the Smithwicks 8 packs this evening. They only had one pack left though...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭tonytiger81

Offer gone from Tesco Navan Road. Back to Guinness it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Italix wrote: »
    Powers and Black barrel.

Just the standard Powers I presume? I would have a preference for Powers over Jameson in general but the Black Barrell is generally around €15-20 more expensive than Powers so is marketed as a step up from Jameson/Powers.

If your budget allows i'd go with Powers Three Swallows, its €30-€35ish at the minute in a few different places and IMO is a far superior whiskey to black barrell. If not then i would prefer Jameson Crested to Black Barrell and is better value at €25. These are all on offer prices, i think in general the prices are;

Powers/Jameson €20-22
    Jameson Crested €30
    Black Barrel €40
    Three Swallows €40

If you prefer Jameson go with the black barrel, if you prefer Powers try get the Three Swallows. All my opinion of course so your mileage may vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Just the standard Powers I presume? I would have a preference for Powers over Jameson in general but the Black Barrell is generally around €15-20 more expensive than Powers so is marketed as a step up from Jameson/Powers.

If your budget allows i'd go with Powers Three Swallows, its €30-€35ish at the minute in a few different places and IMO is a far superior whiskey to black barrell. If not then i would prefer Jameson Crested to Black Barrell and is better value at €25. These are all on offer prices, i think in general the prices are;

Powers/Jameson €20-22
    Jameson Crested €30
    Black Barrel €40
    Three Swallows €40

If you prefer Jameson go with the black barrel, if you prefer Powers try get the Three Swallows. All my opinion of course so your mileage may vary.

Black barrel €30 in Tesco and Obriens
    Three Swallows €30 in Tesco.

Tesco have Cardhu whiskey reduced from €49.99 to €30. It's a really good bargain for a very good single malt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1L Gordon's pink gin €20 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

My Tesco never stocks the 1L unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that says it starts tomorrow on the site, it was definitely not in my tesco late last night, I noticed a lad buying several bottles and thought he was mad as it was €35 and the regular was €20 and looked like he was stocking up for "business bottles"

Gordon's Premium Pink Distilled Gin 1 Litre
    Special OfferSAVE 15.00 Was 35.00 Now 20.00
    valid from tomorrow (19/12/2019) until 22/12/2019

I saw it in Tesco (Rathfarnham) but I'm 99% sure it was priced over €40 (42 is in my head)

Reduced to €35 in tesco

rubadub wrote: »
    guinness/hieneken
    Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 12/12/2019 until 18/12/2019

As before offers might change, dates cannot be trusted.
    that is due to finish today and I reckon heineken will not be €20 in tesco again in the run up to christmas. I reckon it will go to €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

pjq wrote: »
    Promotions
    25% Back on all Wine, Champagne & Prosecco in Valueclub points when you purchase 6 bottles or more
    This promotion is valid in Dunnes Stores in Republic of Ireland from Tuesday 03th December 2019.
    pjq wrote: »
    I see that this deal has changed, the above quote was from their web site "Value Card Promotions"
    Today I got 25% deducted from the 1st 6 bottles presented at till. Anybody know the new T&Cs?

Earlier this week Dunnes site said "6 bottles or more" , today it says "25% OFF at the till when you buy any 6 bottles of wine & champagne"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

hi does anyone know if lidl still selling Smirnoff vodka at €14 please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

ellejay wrote: »

I don't know but Tesco have 1 litre for €20.

easypazz wrote: »
    I don't know but Tesco have 1 litre for €20.
    which is exactly €14 per 700ml

• Registered Users Posts: 27,872 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ellejay wrote: »

Should be - well they are still advertising it today in national newspaper.
    Not sure on stock levels.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is the 25% discount at the till in Dunnes on wine limited to six bottles, six bottles or greater, or multiples of 6- does anyone know?

Is the 25% discount at the till in Dunnes on wine limited to six bottles, six bottles or greater, or multiples of 6- does anyone know?

Multiples of 6 as of Monday when I got the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco
    Guinness, Carlsberg, Budweiser
    2x24x500ml €35

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Have the 24 for €20 offers been extended?(Heineken)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Dunnes Citywest had cases of Heineken and Coors for €20 yesterday.

yes, thought it would be finished

Heineken Can 500Ml
    Special Offer24 For 20.00 Save 31.60
    valid from 19/12/2019 until 22/12/2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

Heineken slab @20e a pop in Lidl ; Budweiser , Guinness and Carlsberg too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement