Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Huberman. Finding Joy.

• 24-09-2018 8:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Going by the trailer this looks seriously annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Going by the trailer this looks seriously annoying.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    link?
    It was on RTE on the tele.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Icsics

They're determined to keep her in work...no matter what!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Icsics wrote: »
    They're determined to keep her in work...no matter what!

Standard operating procedure for RTE when it comes to Z listers.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

So she gets to badly act the tripe she's also written this time.

Not quite sure anyone will be finding much joy from this one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    link?

Doesn't seem to be online, saw it on RTE last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

It starts on RTE One on Wednesday 10th October at 9.35 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

How many people get such prime time attempts that end in failure only to be given another one over and over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see it also stars Aisling Bea (who is now seeing Michael Sheen and will be in Paul Rudd’s new Netflix comedy series) as the best friend so she has not been tarnished by Amy's crap show yet :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I note there's a token English character. Why does virtually every Irish TV drama series have at least one character with an English accent, usually with no explanation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

I note there's a token English character. Why does virtually every Irish TV drama series have at least one character with an English accent, usually with no explanation?

Like the new token black friend in US shows?

https://youtu.be/-DM1uIh8fv0

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was written by and stars Amy. That’s all I need to know about this show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭TheDavester

to RTE its exotic

why does this useless talentless woman keep getting opportunities and indo exposure...probably its her husband who was a good player in a sport which only 6 countries are good at....and she plays the same "underdog were rooting for" character to poor effect

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah lads, at least wait till it airs before ye start kicking it.

she's had about 10 opportunities ...id wager a guess it wont last very long like her other shows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

How many people get such prime time attempts that end in failure only to be given another one over and over again?

They ditched Alison Spittle thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

lertsnim wrote: »
    They ditched Alison Spittle thank god.

She'll be back, just like all the rest of the talentless hacks RTE keeps around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait, this isn't even started? Yeah I gotta agree with the above: I don't rate Huberman as an actor whatsoever, but maybe people could bottle their knee-jerk "Grr! RTE is sh*te" ranting until the show actually airs?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wait, this isn't even started? Yeah I gotta agree with the above: I don't rate Huberman as an actor whatsoever, but maybe people could bottle their knee-jerk "Grr! RTE is sh*te" ranting until the show actually airs?

Just a thought.
    Or else maybe they could take the revolutionary action of perhaps, not actually watching it? Ya know, give up the opportunity to whinge about it by not actually watching it.

pixelburp wrote: »

Just a thought.

does anyone else get as much chances as this wagon does (maybe lottie ryan) from RTE....I bet this will happen, Indo will say its the "totes best ever from Irelands Princess" and everywhere else (review wise) will slate it and more than likely it lasts one season and then we'll be here next year with her latest effort at being "the underdog were rooting for".

How many times does rte have to find out she's actually not talented, just a poor actress with a good pr team pushing her as "Irelands darling" and give someone else an opportunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

For anyone who is interested in watching this, it starts tonight on RTE One.

I saw a short trailer for it earlier and I wasn't impressed but I suppose I'll give it a chance. The only Huberman show I have watched previously is Striking Out and I wasn't a fan of her performance in it but to be fair, her character was really bland and gave her little to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

what were her 10 other failures?

1. Striking Out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I do not understand how she still gets so much press. It was on news bulletins all day today that this show is starting tonight.

OMG.....Soooo excited!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

walshb wrote: »
    OMG.....Soooo excited!

It’s soooooo shoite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

10 mins in and.....nah
    She's just climaxed in bed with some guy with the bed sheets up around her neck
    I'm out!!

Fook me.....utter puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I tried to watch this. I'm out.

I'm off to watch Fargo on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Oh dear !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Nearly every scene so far has contained toilet humour. And I use the word 'humour' quite wrongly.

Advertisement