Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

swords to blackrock route

Options
  • 06-06-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'll be travelling for next 3 weeks mon to fri from swords to blackrock (neeed to be there by 8am, finished around 5pm) what's the least painful route excluding port tunnel (dont fancy paying 10 quid each way)?
    m50 is much longer, but i'd imagine city centre gets mad.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Howth road and over the east link? It's handy enough in the morning but the evening is an absolute disaster, you're lucky it's only 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Just go note if it were me I would park at a dart station and go across, hell of a lot less painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

^^^^^
    Probably your easiest route if you can get parking close enough to the Dart for thr day.
    But if driving I would personally M50 it, off at the Stillorgan / Dun Laoghaire exit 14, straight down Brewery Rd and you will be in Blackrock in 10 mins from there.
    Everything else is stop / start traffic lights, and the Whitehall / Drumcondra bottleneck. Unless you cut out over to Fairview and East Rd to the East Link or through 5 Lamps Sheriff St, Samuel Beckett bridge and out through Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

+1.

Think it's about 2 euro per day at Portmarnock. Regular and reasonably predictable trains, and station to station in between 40 and 50 minutes.

Depends where in Blackrock, though.

If I was driving, I'd probably go the Drumcondra, Fairview, East Link, Sandymount route.

Advertisement