Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving a scooter at a Luas/Bus stop?

• 13-10-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello There,

I would appreciate any advise on this issue I’m currently facing!

In two weeks I will be moving out to a new House in Mount Venus Road (Dublin 16 I think) which is well out in the sticks! I work right in the middle in town in Dame Street, so am trying to figure out the quickest route into town for the commute. I don’t have a car, but have a small 50cc scooter. I really don’t want to ride all the way into town because of the hectic traffic and the unpredictable Irish weather! Now I thought I could ride to a Luas stop (Sandyford/Dundrum?) and leave my scooter there? What about Dublin Bus? I just have a feeling that the journey time close to where I’m living will be well over 1 hour! The only thing I would be concerned with these approaches is the security of my scooter as it would be left outside all day. Does anyone have any suggestions to have peace of mind for myself!

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ride the scooter all the way into the city. You'd be crazy to do anything else. Get yourself some good raingear, a decent pair of gloves and a high-vis jacket and you'll be fine.
    The trip via scooter will take 35 minutes on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a covered park and ride at Balally Luas stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ride your scooter all the way
    You can get good quality raingear for cheap prices.
    And better still get a motorbike jacket. You need gloves too

Scooters are perfect for the city centre. You say you can't handle the traffic, sure I wasn't that confident when I started. But you'll get there

Take your time and you'll be cutting up taxi's and shaking your fist at cyclists in no time :D

Scooters are vandal magnets!!
    My own survived three attempts until it was finally destroyed by kids in Ballyfermot. :(
    If you have somewhere safe in work that's far better then leaving it at a luas stop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd ride in. Much quicker.

Advertisement