Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smith Property Management-Marlfield Estate, Kiltipper, Dublin 24...

• 04-08-2008 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Just wondering have any other folks had issues with SPM, especially if living in Kiltipper??? We recently got a District Court summons from their solicitor for estate management fee's that were paid last February. The reason we paid the fee's last February was because they lost a dank draft that we sent them by registered post and had to get same cancelled by the bank and arrange payment again. This organisation seem to be to property management what Basil Fawlty is to hotel management. We got an other letter from their solicitor now saying that they have withdrawn from the case and closed their file on the matter. Is anyone else having these kind of issues with Smiths???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have the same management company in Balbriggan, I can't actually praise them in any way at all.

neighbours.ie might be of help to you.,our board is quite but others have pages about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frogone

We have SPM here in Robswall, Malahide. In my experience they don't return calls or reply to e-mails regardless how trivial they are. I'd be keen to hear other residents opinions....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Why dont you go for election to your board of management and get rid of them and employ another managing agent?

They are simply providing a service for which you are paying... if you are not happy with the service employ someone else to provide it.

Doop - fair comment, but that's a longer term view. As you point out I'm paying for a service, I don't think it's practical for me to seek election to every board of a company/service to put things right, but yes, that would be the long term solution. I'm also not sure if everyone else shares the same opinion as me hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Ha fair enough.. my point being these guys work for you, your board of management represent you and the agent takes direction from the board... at the very least you could lobby the current board of directors of your management company. Or bring up the issues at the AGM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Had dealing with a lot of managing agents but never SPM although I havent heard any horror stories about them either

Raise the issues at the agm.

A change in individual manager rather than entire agent might also fix it- the contact may not be right for the block

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Sweet jesus this thread is 10 years old, im pretty sure the OP got everything sorted by now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

frogone wrote: »
    We have SPM here in Robswall, Malahide. In my experience they don't return calls or reply to e-mails regardless how trivial they are. I'd be keen to hear other residents opinions....

We sacked them a few years back, best decision we ever made. Should have done it years earlier

Caranica wrote: »
    We sacked them a few years back, best decision we ever made. Should have done it years earlier

Which estate was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

frogone wrote: »
    Which estate was that?
    A Dublin estate with a decent agent now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement