Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Personalised flights?

+1
    £20 sterling (plus P+P) for 12 sets of custom flights at Red Dragon, for example and your son can create the design himself. Any grandad is gonna love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ryanair are cheap for flights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ryanair are cheap for flights
    Goodman that's a real Xmas cracker yeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

bassy wrote: »
    Goodman that's a real Xmas cracker yeeeeeeee

Saul a bit early for da crackers dough now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Personalised flights?
    Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    +1
    £20 sterling (plus P+P) for 12 sets of custom flights at Red Dragon, for example and your son can create the design himself. Any grandad is gonna love that!

bingo bango lads, that's brilliant.

I knew yiz would come through for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Went to darts exhibition/tournament in Waterford Sat night. Knockout comp with 6 professionals taking on 6 locals.
    Of the pros, only Gurney and Lewis won, with the other 4 losing their 1st game.
    Michael Smith, Whitlock, Wes Newton (0-5 to Andrew Ryan), Ted Hankey (1-5 vs Jordan Lonergan) all lost to players from the South East.
    Gurney beat Lewis 5-0 in the semi final.

Newton and Hankey were late replacements for Joe Cullen and Mark Webster.

Hankey was so poor, drunk and uninterested it's probably the last time I'll ever see him play as can't see him making a TV appearance anytime soon and with this kind attitude he won't be invited to many nights like this.

Can't see Newton making much of an impression at the BDO Worlds either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tarzann wrote: »
    Went to darts exhibition/tournament in Waterford Sat night. Knockout comp with 6 professionals taking on 6 locals.
    Of the pros, only Gurney and Lewis won, with the other 4 losing their 1st game.
    Michael Smith, Whitlock, Wes Newton (0-5 to Andrew Ryan), Ted Hankey (1-5 vs Jordan Lonergan) all lost to players from the South East.
    Gurney beat Lewis 5-0 in the semi final.

Newton and Hankey were late replacements for Joe Cullen and Mark Webster.

Hankey was so poor, drunk and uninterested it's probably the last time I'll ever see him play as can't see him making a TV appearance anytime soon and with this kind attitude he won't be invited to many nights like this.

Can't see Newton making much of an impression at the BDO Worlds either.

Some value for a 40 quid ticket. That is desperate

KevIRL wrote: »
    Some value for a 40 quid ticket. That is desperate

Was actually 55 quid for a table. 40 for a non-table. Was a good set up overall and with pitchers for €13 - €15 couldnt complain about the price of beer.

I won the tickets in the local paper so my name was on a "guest list" on arrival.
    There was a very long list of people on the list however so I wonder if they gave tickets to all entrants. I was told ticket sales were below expectations.
    Was also disappointed at how late it started. Doors 6pm yet no dart was thrown til nearly 8pm.

I passed Wes Newton on my way to the toilets soon after he and Hankey had both lost and heard him say to Hankey "I was so bad Ted the locals were shouting "Come on Wes"" :D

Also Lewis v Gurney was the only match all night of "pro" vs "pro"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

jesus thats awfull lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just found the LiveDarts YouTube page, loads of really good interviews. This one from VVDV is great. He compares darts to WWE with all the non ranked tournaments. You'd have agree with him, is it a sport or not.

Good one with barney too

https://youtu.be/Y8AXGhrT1y8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The unranked tournaments are my only real gripe with the PDC. There are too many of them and I've no interest in them whatsoever. I understand they are trying to promote Darts around the world but surely it would be better to have proper ranked tournaments with maybe 2 qualifiers from whatever country it's being held in. Something similar to the European Tour would be much more interesting.

And the unranked/invitational tournaments can lead to qualification for the Grand Slam which is a ranked event!

e.g.
    Van Barneveld getting to the GSOD via the World Cup route even though Klassen was ranked higher than him but wasnt picked due to the issue between him and MVG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Van Barneveld getting to the GSOD via the World Cup route even though Klassen was ranked higher than him but wasnt picked due to the issue between him and MVG

Agreed. Personal gripes shouldn't come into it. If Klaasen qualifies due his ranking then MvG should have to put up with it or refuse to play himself. Klaasen lost out on prize money. Strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

due to the issue between him and MVG

what's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

boomdocker wrote: »
    what's that about?

I don't remember exactly which means I shouldn't write anything
    but something along the lines of Klaasen was sending dirty messages to the
    sister of MvG's wife who I think was underage at the time and has some mental disability.

So I've found out what Phil Taylor has been up to. Playing SuperDarts.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZK_ERHRwg

Kingp35 wrote: »
    So I've found out what Phil Taylor has been up to. Playing SuperDarts.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZK_ERHRwg

Crazy game! Of all people I didn't think Phil would enjoy playing that, its like a video game.

Does the semi bull count as 50 too in that? Looks too easy.

Yeah both inner and outer bull are 50. Definitely much easier. Mad game alright with each leg being a different format.

Taylor was World Cricket champion in 2010 so he does like different formats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_World_Cricket_Championship_(darts)

Barney says he will play In every tournament next year until he qualifies for the 2020 Worlds. Can't see it happening but it would be great if he played all the tours an euro tours. He should qualify if he does.

• Advertisement

he says that every year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Barney says he will play In every tournament next year until he qualifies for the 2020 Worlds. Can't see it happening but it would be great if he played all the tours an euro tours. He should qualify if he does.

Sick of his crap, wouldn’t miss him if he retired

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

He's just looking for a retirement kitty. He's right too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Couldn't give a **** about those honour things but it obviously means a lot to British folk. Well deserved for John a legend of the game and a true gent.

Am I right in saying Taylor was stripped of his?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

the dish them out left right and centre nowadays,so starting to become a futile award or whatever..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Am I right in saying Taylor was stripped of his?

Taylor hasn't been given one due to the caravan incident in Scotland. It was settled out of court as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Taylor hasn't been given one due to the caravan incident in Scotland. It was settled out of court as far as I know

Convicted on two counts of sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks - just a casual darts viewer here, can you finish 501 with 2 doubles?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Folks - just a casual darts viewer here, can you finish 501 with 2 doubles?

yes 80, 2 double tops as your last 2 darts thrown

if that's what you mean

Advertisement