Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashling Thompson case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

lukin wrote: »
    Anna Geary is from the same club as her (Milford). They played together for Milford and Cork. I don't think they are friends though. One time at a Milford training session Aishling tapped Anna's ankles with the hurley. I don't think Anna liked it. Anyway a sophisticated intelligent girl like Anna would not associate herself with someone like Aishling Thompson you'd imagine.
    Harsh but true. Anna has an enormous ego and thinks she is God's gift but as a person I would prefer her ten times over to Thompson.

They are polar opposites all right. Can’t imagine any scandal with Anna. She is a very well grounded young lady with a lucrative RTÉ career ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Anna Geary is from the same club as her (Milford). They played together for Milford and Cork. I don't think they are friends though. One time at a Milford training session Aishling tapped Anna's ankles with the hurley. I don't think Anna liked it. Anyway a sophisticated intelligent girl like Anna would not associate herself with someone like Aishling Thompson you'd imagine.
    Harsh but true. Anna has an enormous ego and thinks she is God's gift but as a person I would prefer her ten times over to Thompson.

She "tapped' her ankles with a hurley? You mean she belted her with a hurley ? Her own team mate? I don't think anyone would like being 'tapped" on the ankle with a hurl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭lukin

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She "tapped' her ankles with a hurley? You mean she belted her with a hurley ? Her own team mate? I don't think anyone would like being 'tapped" on the ankle with a hurl!

Ankle-tapping is quite common in hurling. Fellas do it off the ball to provoke their opponent into retaliating so he will get sent off. I'd say it happens in training matches too.
    Not very ladylike for a female to do it but this is Aishling Thompson we're talking about.
    Yes I am sure Anna didn't like it, I was just being humorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ankle-tapping is quite common in hurling. Fellas do it off the ball to provoke their opponent into retaliating so he will get sent off. I'd say it happens in training matches too.
    Not very ladylike for a female to do it but this is Aishling Thompson we're talking about.
    I know what ankle tapping is. And it's s1itty, unsporting behaviour whether done by a male or a female. It's not 'tapping' either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

sasta le wrote: »
    No as in what does she do for work?
    She won’t get a travel visa with an assault conviction I’d imagine
    If compensation is paid the Judge has said there will be no recording of a conviction.
    Everyone deserves a second chance

• Advertisement

Autecher wrote: »
    Intense? I don't know where you're getting that from...

ashling-thompson-cork-vs-kilkenny-camogie-final.jpg

I saw her in a final a few years ago. Cork got a free. The Kilkenny girl held on to the sliotar. Ashling gave her the "Ashling look". She dropped the sliotar fairly quickly then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She is a spoilt brat.

She shouldn't be allowed to play sport at a high level anymore or wear the Cork Jersey.

She is a spoilt brat.

She shouldn't be allowed to play sport at a high level anymore or wear the Cork Jersey.

If the Cork hurlers had a few like her they wouldn't be sitting at home wondering what has gone wrong with Cork hurling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

“For me, not training would be like a diabetic not taking their insulin.”

if you don’t train because you are sick or injured you will be the better for it. A diabetic who doesn’t take insulin will DIE
    Aisling Thompson should try spend a day in a person with diabetics shoes instead of lookijg for sympathy. She should apologise

Spoke to a few people with diabetes and they’re livid. In a world where it’s easy to be out raged this is one justifiable reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I find the handling of her case by both the judge and media bizzare.

In the town I live in, these little nightclub scraps almost never end up resulting in a fine of 4 figures let alone 6 grand. A few years ago an old man was assaulted randomly walking home, his face was covered in blood and they left him for dead. They were fined 350.

So, the higher fine is obviously in exchange for this 'no conviction' nonsense. But I find it confusing, like, is this harsh or lenient? 6k seems a lot for a first offense, especially since neither of the victims had any serious injuries, didn't seek medical treatment.

I can't remember anyone else being sentenced this way.

So why was it done like this? Im guessing it's because as stated in the article she plans to run away overseas to Australia or somewhere and that conviction could hamper her ability to travel and to be allowed coach minors.

I think she should have been fined a normal amount and given probation like most would. Interestingly, less than half the money is going to the victims. One is only getting 500, the other (who rides horses for the royal family in Dubai) is getting 2k. It's very classist from all angles, all to do with money.

And then dressing her up in princess dresses and Brown Thomas clobber and writing this article about how she's getting over it without any real contrition, talking about 'how she reacted' when she basically just went on a drink fuelled rampage and attacked people is just gross. She's scowling in almost every picture. And like I said, her moving on is just running away to Oz.

I actually had a lot of sympathy for her before this article, I've done some dumb things while drunk and seen lots of lads get in drunken rows and everyone makes mistakes, and I know she had issues with depression but if this was supposed to make her look better Im afraid it had the complete opposite effect. Like a GQ interview I just read with NFL player Odell beckham Jr it's just unbelievable how these athletes who get their holes licked constantly their entire lives then play the victim once they get called out for their BS. Why didnt she just let people forget about this, if she wasnt able to pull off the plunging neckline look in photoshoots the paper would never bother with her, and IMo she didn't pull it off that well anyway it was like seeing a skanger in a suit you can just tell it isn't their thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

Spoke to a few people with diabetes and they’re livid. ..........

1. And again with the upset on behalf of people on TV, the internet or in someones head

2. Why are you replying to yourself ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

Edgware wrote: »
    If compensation is paid the Judge has said there will be no recording of a conviction.
    Everyone deserves a second chance

This is ireland. It's more than a second chance people get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭bobbyss

sasta le wrote:
    What does she do outside of playing camogie?

A sports massage therapist I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

bobbyss wrote: »
    A sports massage therapist I think.

Good career so I take it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭skallywag

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    She is beautiful...
    She is gorgeous.

You're making a key contribution to the thread in fairness. Looking forward to your next post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

She's nothing special and that's besides the point, she looks like scank who thinks she is obviously above us mere mortals. And that accent would be enough to smother her

skallywag wrote: »
    You're making a key contribution to the thread in fairness. Looking forward to your next post.

She is divine. I love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stalker alert

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I know what ankle tapping is. And it's s1itty, unsporting behaviour whether done by a male or a female. It's not 'tapping' either.

A lot of makey-up bits in there....
    Rumours and supposing....
    I heard she hit the sliothar at a goalkeeper really hard on more than one occasion !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

Apt user name then ………………….. :rolleyes::D

She'd give it back to you fairly small

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

The two women she assaulted are in Secret Garden (Upstairs in reardens) every weekend. Two savage yokes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Edgware wrote: »
    She'd give it back to you fairly small
    If this woman wants to give my willy back to me small then I will let her

2470936.main_image.jpg?strip=all

I am so in love with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

gctest50 wrote: »
    nqnO9l8.jpg

Looks like a mannequin there.

On that note, wish to **** Irish girls would stop smathering themselves in trowel-applied 2 inches of make-up, it's actually disgusting.

On that note, wish to **** Irish girls would stop smathering themselves in trowel-applied 2 inches of make-up, it's actually disgusting.

Shur tis all for the Instagramming yoke …..
    yaa couldn't be caught with make up loike…. seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Jesus she will be naked by the end of the next page, needless to say I'll continue to check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Careful now, you'll get yourself into trouble.
    The official response is that women don't wear makeup to please you or any other man and you or any other man has no business commenting on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Waoh she's hot, she'd definitely get it.

She'll get away with whatever she's done because she's good looking.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement