Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Im heading into my locale now soon to see can i get my reserve will let yis no the out come .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭geotrig

VanZan wrote: »
    If it's a mis-price why are the twonks selling it for €42 on their eBay store for heaven's sake!?!?!?! :D I reserved one on the Argos site on Saturday and it says collect between Wednesday and Friday. Not holding out much hope but I'm not pushed if I get it or not. Will definitely use the self service machines if I chance it.
    I Had one reserved in childers road and came into stock yesterday morning ,when i went to collect yesterday evening 6ish it was full price at 140something .I tried on the self service machines. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reading the above, I'm not holding out any hope of getting mine for €42.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,790 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Reading the above, I'm not holding out any hope of getting mine for €42.:(

I reserved one in Arklow for myself and one in Limerick for one of the lads.

He got his this morning for the €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭geotrig

really what store ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

geotrig wrote: »
    really what store ?

Cruises street, I tried the self service first bit that was quoting me €169.99 so I chanced the counter. She was a bit thrown by the huge price drop but was happy that it was reserved before the price went back up and gave it to me then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I Had one reserved in childers road and came into stock yesterday morning ,when i went to collect yesterday evening 6ish it was full price at 140something .I tried on the self service machines. :(

I was in childers road yesterday with my reservation, for the lower price. They wouldn't honor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭VanZan

Success!!!! Went into Argos and tried the self service machine. As I expected it said €160 or something like that. Said feck it and chanced going up to the till. Was fully expecting to be told it was a mis-price. Instead she looked it up after asking me when I reserved it. Heart was in mouth when she called someone over to check it with her.

Anyway they were telling me what such good value I got and as they handed me the box the lovely lady said "it's your lucky day"! How right she was! :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,790 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

really what store ?

Cruise Street

Yeah Cruises for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Success!!!! Went into Argos and tried the self service machine. As I expected it said €160 or something like that. Said feck it and chanced going up to the till. Was fully expecting to be told it was a mis-price. Instead she looked it up after asking me when I reserved it. Heart was in mouth when she called someone over to check it with her.

Anyway they were telling me what such good value I got and as they handed me the box the lovely lady said "it's your lucky day"! How right she was! :D:)

Exact same store and story as me... Was it an elderly lady who then called over a younger blonde woman?

I got the young blonde who called over a bloke in a navy jumper. The auld blonde one handed me the box before I ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I got the young blonde who called over a bloke in a navy jumper. The auld blonde one handed me the box before I ran!

Ooooh matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Exact same thing happened to me this morning in Navan, the manager very politely honoured the reservation. I also got ninjago movie fire mech for €19.39 (norrmally around €70). Have santy sorted now for €60, absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

rman2727 wrote:
    Exact same thing happened to me this morning in Navan, the manager very politely honoured the reservation. I also got ninjago movie fire mech for €19.39 (norrmally around €70). Have santy sorted now for €60, absolutely delighted

Had any of you been contacted by Argos before you went down

Yeah got a text this morning.

Did the txt say the price was wrong or it was ready for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Checkargos.com still a bit wonky think it's argos end of things rather than checkargos.com though.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Had any of you been contacted by Argos before you went down

No, when reserving I never gave my number. It said it was available for collection from today. I was there first thing this morning

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Did the txt say the price was wrong or it was ready for collection

That my reservation number 278*** was ready for collection until 27/10/17. Nothing else.

• Advertisement

VanZan wrote:
    That my reservation number 278*** was ready for collection until 27/10/17. Nothing else.

Thanks. I'd a reservation number and a txt to say it was ready but then got a call to say it was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I reserved one in Arklow for myself and one in Limerick for one of the lads.

He got his this morning for the €45.

My reservation is for Arklow. Collection from Thursday.No harm in trying I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Checkargos.com still a bit wonky think it's argos end of things rather than checkargos.com though.

Its us i'd say, ill quickly look now but might need to sort it after work

EDIT: Seems to be back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great site always use it life saver trying to track down mad stuff it always comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

My reservation is for Arklow. Collection from Thursday.No harm in trying I suppose.

No luck collecting in Childers road today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

my kids arent old enough for these lego deals and i still feel like i missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Working from home today and got a text to say my Star Wars Lego Set was ready for collection. Went to collect it. Was told price was €169.99. Very politely mentioned I reserved it at a lower price; lady checked and said "no problem" and gave it to me at the lower price. Delighted.

Not suggesting anyone who was refused wasn't polite, but it certainly doesn't harm your chances. 'Twas the same with the Nikon camera a few months back.

This was in Ashbourne btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Got mine in Crescent SC this morning. I got the text at 11.05, dropped everything, turned off phone so i couldn't get a call and went to collect.

Was told price was €169.99. Very politely mentioned I reserved it at a lower price and showed her the email - lady checked and said there was a NOTE to say do not sell at this price as it was an error. She asked did I not get the call, I said no and I'm after driving for 45 mins after getting the text. She said that they weren't allowed override the price in-store, but she talked to the manager, who eventually did come out and sold to me but only after stressing that this was most unusual and i was a very lucky ablelocks. Both staff very nice and professional....but it does look like there are new protocols for dealing with errors if the customer service head office have to be consulted...(I overheard the call..)

I still have to go in tomorrow to get the ninjago one though...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

The other half was refused the cheap ninjago movie fire mech at Jervis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Got the phone call saying was a misprice
    Any point trying pick it up tomoro

Advertisement