Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CapibaraHelper?

• 04-12-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

On my Imac, every time I open Safari, I receive a flag stating that Safari downloaded "CapibaraHelper.app" on the 20th November. The flag asks if I want to open the app. However, when I check my downloads folder there are no downloads on that day, and the name of the app does not appear in downloads on any other date. The flag refers to a web site that doesn't appear to exist if it is selected, but the site can be found in an Internet search as dw.cbsi.com. The application does not appear to be on offer from that site.

So the questions: anyone else found this problem or know what the app is? How do I get rid of it when it doesn't appear in the downloads folder and running a virus and malware scan doesn't find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 slashpot

Sorry I'm not much help, but I just found this file on my iMac, in Activity Monitor, and shut it down, having no idea what it was (not good advice in general). Then when I went back to doing other things, surfing etc, I got a popup: "CapibaraHelper.app not running anymore"
    What the...!?
    No problem, I'll just Google that file! When I did so (adding -Capybara so I didn’t get stuff about the South American Giant rodent), I got a total of 1 (yes, ONE!) result, your question here!
    No one else in the world has ever heard of Capybara it seems! Just you and I! Too weird!!
    have you got any further info? If I do I'll come back & let u know,
    Take Care,

Michael

Advertisement