Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

• 18-01-2018 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Yes a little early i know.. but anyone already ear marked this in :)

we booked our package yesterday (with festival tickets) :D

only 18 months to go.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

cocker5 wrote: »

How did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

How did you book tickets? They won't be released until October?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Lots of campsites sell packages where they include standard camping tickets... we did it for 2017 worked perfectly no stress in getting tickets. here is where we stayed: http://www.festibell.co.uk/ not staying here for 2019 but somewhere similar.

all the farmland around Glastonbury are given an allocation of tickets.. so they pass onto their guests.. now you do pay a more for it.. but worth the less stress for me.

dmm82 wrote: »
    How did you book tickets? They won't be released until October?

to the general public yes but lost of places sell as part of a package

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Is it a guarantee to get the ticket yeah?

• Advertisement

Lots of campsites sell packages where they include standard camping tickets... we did it for 2017 worked perfectly no stress in getting tickets. here is where we stayed: http://www.festibell.co.uk/ not staying here for 2019 but somewhere similar.

all the farmland around Glastonbury are given an allocation of tickets.. so they pass onto their guests.. now you do pay a more for it.. but worth the less stress for me.

Where are you staying next year then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I love Glastonbury, but not enough to pay £3000+ for 2 people to camp outside the festival...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Are there any places that do this but give you the option of bringing a campervan?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is it a guarantee to get the ticket yeah?

yeah it is...

I love Glastonbury, but not enough to pay £3000+ for 2 people to camp outside the festival...

its less than that but that's not all your paying for they have amazing showers and toilet's and to be honest after the state of the toilets inside last year that does it for me! Most of them also include food and actual bed.. not blow up mattress, so from my point of view for comfort and cleaniness and a ticket with no stress its well worth it etc

• Advertisement

dmm82 wrote: »
    Are there any places that do this but give you the option of bringing a campervan?

you'd need to email them and ask I've no idea to be honest

its less than that but that's not all your paying for they have amazing showers and toilet's and to be honest after the state of the toilets inside last year that does it for me! Most of them also include food and actual bed.. not blow up mattress, so from my point of view for comfort and cleaniness and a ticket with no stress its well worth it etc
    you're right, the cheapest package with tickets in your link is "REMARKA-BELL (FOR 2 PEOPLE) - £2245 + VAT + COST OF TICKETS AT FACE VALUE"

which is just under £3000.

I've done glamping at other festivals, and Worthy View at Glastonbury with showers etc. but for me, paying that much to have nice toilets which you'll be away from most of the day, and a proper bed is a colossal waste of money.

which ones include food? of the 7 or 8 external campsites i've seen, none include food. they all have food areas with food for additional purchase....
    e: not that I'd be fussed with food at a campsite anyway as I'd be inside the arena all day, and the many different types of food available is one of the best things about Glastonbury.

you're right, the cheapest package with tickets in your link is "REMARKA-BELL (FOR 2 PEOPLE) - £2245 + VAT + COST OF TICKETS AT FACE VALUE"

I've done glamping at other festivals, and Worthy View at Glastonbury with showers etc. but for me, paying that much to have nice toilets which you'll be away from most of the day, and a proper bed is a colossal waste of money.

which ones include food? of the 7 or 8 external campsites i've seen, none include food. they all have food areas with food for additional purchase....
    e: not that I'd be fussed with food at a campsite anyway as I'd be inside the arena all day, and the many different types of food available is one of the best things about Glastonbury.

there are 2/3 that offer food pennard farm hill being one of them... to each their own, everyone enjoys Glasto in their own way .. neither are better or correct its a matter of preference :D for me the fact that i know im going 100% is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Lads don’t be tempted by this over-priced baloney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

jesus... the boom is back....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Having been the last 3 years.. there's going to be a big hole (*) in my June this year! :(

* That didn't sound as durty in my head!

Basq wrote: »
    Having been the last 3 years.. there's going to be a big hole (*) in my June this year! :(

I’m a fan of the fallow year. Festivals are always super when Glasters isn’t on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Explain it to me as I'm an idiot, the tickets are currently at the registering stage, how do they guarantee that you will have yours?

Explain it to me as I'm an idiot, the tickets are currently at the registering stage, how do they guarantee that you will have yours?

Glastonbury festival takes place not only on the Eavis' land, but they are required to rent land from neighbours too as the festival is so big.

Neighbours charge them an arm and a leg, and also get guaranteed/given a bunch of free tickets.

With any other land that isn't being rented by the festival, the neighbours can obviously do what they like, and several set-up glamping campsites (or more usually, an external company sets it up) and offer some of the free tickets they got from the festival as part of the packages.

people pay lots of money for them, and so the neighbours get lots of money which makes them happy.

Glastonbury festival doesn't officially endorse or acknowledge them, as GF doesn't run the campsites, and they're outside the festival walls etc., but if it keeps the neighbours happy and allows Glastonbury to continue renting other parts of the land, then they turn a blind eye to what the neighbours do with their bunch of free tickets.

some other neighbours further away don't have bunches of tickets, so have just set up fancy glamping on their land up the road, but don't offer tickets as part of the deal, as they won't have any tickets to sell.

the tickets that are given away free are usually hospitality tickets which don't require your photo/name on them, unlike the normal tickets which do.

Glastonbury festival takes place not only on the Eavis' land, but they are required to rent land from neighbours too as the festival is so big.

Neighbours charge them an arm and a leg, and also get guaranteed/given a bunch of free tickets.

With any other land that isn't being rented by the festival, the neighbours can obviously do what they like, and several set-up glamping campsites (or more usually, an external company sets it up) and offer some of the free tickets they got from the festival as part of the packages.

people pay lots of money for them, and so the neighbours get lots of money which makes them happy.

Glastonbury festival doesn't officially endorse or acknowledge them, as GF doesn't run the campsites, and they're outside the festival walls etc., but if it keeps the neighbours happy and allows Glastonbury to continue renting other parts of the land, then they turn a blind eye to what the neighbours do with their bunch of free tickets.

some other neighbours further away don't have bunches of tickets, so have just set up fancy glamping on their land up the road, but don't offer tickets as part of the deal, as they won't have any tickets to sell.

the tickets that are given away free are usually hospitality tickets which don't require your photo/name on them, unlike the normal tickets which do.

This is pretty much it I believe .. but the place I stayed last year and the one on 2019 aren’t hospitality tickets just standard tickets - both with our photo and names on them and both camp sites gave you a receipt of purchase ..(we have to supply all our registration details) so maybe the two places in question are just allocated a certain number of tickets they can purchase etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

I've registered myself for tickets. Never been though - it's on the bucket list of festivals I must attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Basq wrote: »

In a way. I've been 6 of the last 7 festivals. While there will be a hole, you don't want Glastonbury, of all places, to be routine.

One part of me is sad it's not on this year, another part of me is thinking: Oh thank God......

another part of me is thinking: Oh thank God......

Ive been to 12 in a row. I agree with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

How do ye manage to get tickets every year?

I went once a few years ago but since then never have any luck getting tickets when they go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It requires a bit of organisation and a group effort but it's very doable. You get multiple attempts. There's thousands of people who get tickets every year.

Well, I suppose it's Elton John for Sunday Night Pyramid.

Well, I suppose it's Elton John for Sunday Night Pyramid.

Hopefully they give him the Legends Slot instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He'd be perfect Legend Slot material but reckon they'll give him a headline slot instead.

The Nal wrote: »
    Hopefully they give him the Legends Slot instead.

He'd be too big for the Legends slot I'd say. Plus this is his "last" tour. (Until 3 years later when he does another "last" tour).

Now pleasepleasePLEASE Pearl Jam for Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think the legends slot would be better but I don't think he'd do it. It's his "last" tour so I think he want a headliner slot or nothing. I don't much care much either way. He is a brilliant song writer but his music has never done much for me personally. Most of his songs that I like have subsequently been done better by others.

Advertisement