Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Went to girl geeks tonight haven't been in ages twas good

Edit herison take care

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Today is I good day, I've finally come up with a topic for my thesis that I believe is meaty enough for a thesis, but that I am also really interested in

And a chunk of the overall grade for the thesis is how much value it adds to the area it relates to which this will
    Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Practicing my routine Edit. in the living room, fall backwards and landed on my head/top of my neck. ARGH.

Edit. Herisson, hugs. Look after yourself. Breakups suck x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Mind yourself herisson x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My thread name! So proud! :D

The amount of people bitching about Cameron on my Facebook news feed, you'd think I actually lived in the UK! It's democracy, lads - no you can't f*cking protest the result of the election. The system, sure, but not the results! Also, you had a referendum like two years ago to switch to PR. Coulda, woulda, shoulda springs to mind! Ugh, so annoying. I'd probably be less annoyed if the Tories had won so overwhelmingly and, y'know, all the people bitching actually lived there... Such hysteria too - "welcome back to the Thatcher years!", "the NHS will be gone by the end of the year!" etc. Like, srsly, STFU. :rolleyes:

Aw, Herrison, take care of yourself. :( PM is open if needed.x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

First birthday since my aunt died. Tough day. Kept expecting to hear from her.

Weighed myself this morning. Lightest ive ever been as an adult. Eating all day today though because, y'no, birthday cake etc :)

Doing darkness into light tonight and cycle against suicide on Sunday so we'll call the cake carb loading ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Happy birthday, Sullivlo!

Mind yourself, herisson - hope your friends take good care of you!

I've had a really rubbish week. I've kind of hit a crossroads in work/life/stuff, and don't know where to go. Dunno how to make the decision either, so I'm just sort of floundering at the moment. Ugh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

How so Joe wrote: »
    Happy birthday, Sullivlo!

Mind yourself, herisson - hope your friends take good care of you!

I've had a really rubbish week. I've kind of hit a crossroads in work/life/stuff, and don't know where to go. Dunno how to make the decision either, so I'm just sort of floundering at the moment. Ugh.

I hear ya, Joe! Crossroads suck!!!

sullivlo wrote: »
    First birthday since my aunt died. Tough day. Kept expecting to hear from her.

Weighed myself this morning. Lightest ive ever been as an adult. Eating all day today though because, y'no, birthday cake etc :)

Doing darkness into light tonight and cycle against suicide on Sunday so we'll call the cake carb loading ;)

Happy birthday! Sorry it's been a tough one.x

Eat ALL the cake! :D

Happy birthday! Sorry it's been a tough one.x

Eat ALL the cake! :D

Oh I will :D I love cake.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Oh I will :D I love cake.
    Cake is the *most* important part of any birthday. Well.
    Maybe cake and wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ha sullivo I'm exactly the opposite! Heaviest I've ever been ever!!! But start a 6wk conditioning/weights programme on Monday so we shall change that!

Happy birthday too! :)

Anyone want to be my 30 Day Shred buddy? :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My thread name! So proud! :D

The amount of people bitching about Cameron on my Facebook news feed, you'd think I actually lived in the UK! It's democracy, lads - no you can't f*cking protest the result of the election. The system, sure, but not the results! Also, you had a referendum like two years ago to switch to PR. Coulda, woulda, shoulda springs to mind! Ugh, so annoying. I'd probably be less annoyed if the Tories had won so overwhelmingly and, y'know, all the people bitching actually lived there... Such hysteria too - "welcome back to the Thatcher years!", "the NHS will be gone by the end of the year!" etc. Like, srsly, STFU. :rolleyes:

Those of us who live there do have an excuse! I did my bit, I voted Labour...

Those of us who live there do have an excuse! I did my bit, I voted Labour...

Yeah, you do. I said that I was mostly talking about the people in Ireland who were bítching about Cameron as if he was the new Taoiseach! The ones in the UK that are annoying me are acting like there was some kind of military coup by the Tories. :P

Really chuffed today my thesis supervisor is a lazy cow and hasn't responded to mails or given us any direction the past two months after emailing us in January saying she was too busy for the whole month dealing with exams to talk to us

A friend of mine is also doing it, so after talking with him I'd a call today with the lecturer who oversees the entire degree and outlined my concerns

Seems this'd has happened before, no questions she asked me did I have a preferred supervisor and I mentioned another lecturer, job done

Then came the funny part I asked her could I get advice on the new topic I have and when she found out what it was, she announced its an area with very little research that she has a strong interest in and asked would I mind if she was my supervisor which I don't at all

Win win for us both she can use the topic change as the reason for my changing supervisor a d I'm deliighted she was interested in being my supervisor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hope you got some good TLC this weekend herisson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

New thread smell!

I was made redundant and finished my job today. I don't mind leaving or even being unemployed for a short while, but I'm sad because I'll miss my lovely boss man :(

So, I'm gonna have pizza and wine and watch father ted with the boyfriend tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Sorry to hear that Jenny. Hope something else comes up for you soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If it doesn't, I'll just go back to college :) literally all I'm sad about is that I'll miss my boss :pac:

Baaaahahahahahaha I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that link blue!

Tired, cranky, not able to sleep!

Just found out my ex is trying to be a stand up comedian. Good luck with that, you unfunny gobshíte. Pretty much the only funny thing about him was that he vaguely sounded like Dara O'Briain. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone want to be my 30 Day Shred buddy? :P

This sounds interesting - is that the Jillian Michaels one?? I really need to get much fitter - have gained a stone in a month despite being someway careful with what I'm eating and doing more exercise etc, so have to find a way of stepping it up.

This sounds interesting - is that the Jillian Michaels one?? I really need to get much fitter - have gained a stone in a month despite being someway careful with what I'm eating and doing more exercise etc, so have to find a way of stepping it up.

Yeah, the videos are on Youtube! There are three stages, you do each one for 10 days. I've tried it before and not made it past day five or so due to lack of motivation! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

What a tough weekend. My cat, my best little guy who I've had since he was 5 weeks old and follows at my heels, cuddles every evening and just makes my day brighter, went for his long kitty sleep yesterday.

It feels like a part of me is missing. I'm sorry if that bums anyone out. I just miss him so much.

Going to get wine and pizza. Then curl up with my OH and watch Netflix this evening.

Awh Vayda, I'm sorry for your loss - it's losing a member of the family, no doubt about that. OH, Netflix, and pizza sounds like a good way to treat yourself, though.
    Be sure to mind yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Aww I'm so sorry about your cat Vayda - big hugs

My pony died when I was 21 and now at 29 it still catches my breath every so often. Hugs x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Have to show a video on childbirth to some kids soon. Watched one to prepare myself. Now terrified. If I can't handle it, what will they do!!

Advertisement