Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corsets?

• 28-12-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi, been searching but can't seem to find anything to help. Going to be in Dublin during the week and would like to see about buying a corset or some nice lingerie. Not really sure where to go other than BT's or M&S.
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Checked out one online i think in one of the malls by Grafton st (that I found on another thread) but no pricing on it and I live by the if you have to ask you can't afford it.
    Pricing up to no more than €50 for a bra or maybe about €80 for a decent corset.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Was the shop named retro? If so a corset from there will cost you more than anywhere else in dublin. I got my corset there almost 10 years ago for €150 and it's still going strong and I wear it regularly. I have other cheaper ones (€60 - €80) and they wouldn't offer as much waist reduction. I paid €80 for one in baby doll boutique during the summer, I had major problems with her trying to get me the right size even though she measured me (had to be returned twice). The corset is good quality despite everything but it's not a place I would go to again due to the lack of knowledge there. Most of the corsets you find In babydoll come from draculaclothing.com for a lot cheaper and with free postage. If you want a good quality corset be prepared to spend well over €100 for one. If you can afford it get a custom made corset. If not corsets-UK have some great quality corsets. With corsets you need to be properly sized and measured before buying, if you buy the wrong size you can seriously damage your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

crap, had done some searching since i posted earlier and found those two so was going to have a look and see. Sure can make a decision, if they are too OTT in price can always order online. Theres a company in the UK doing 3 for 2 at the moment and much cheaper than what you quoted. I just hate not being able to touch and feel material and the boning.
    Might just opt for some nice knickers and a bra in BT's in the meantime.

That's most likely corsets-UK doing the 3 for 2, just be wary of the postage though. I've always been caught with that when I've ordered from them. If you email them they'll let you know what the material and boning is like, their very friendly. I've one corset from them and the quality is great. It cost me €60 as it was on a promotion, it was usually €140. Keep an eye on their facebook page they have great offers, but defineltly do go into retro and get messured.

Cheers for the SIO, any pointers on lingerie other than the usual BT's and M&S?

I haven't bought any lingerie from BT, but the M&S and H&M ones I have are great and kept their shape longer more than other places I've bought from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

For the postage you could get around that by using Parcel Motel.

Arnotts and Debenhams have a nice selection as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Honey Trap, afaik, in Dun Laoghaire is supposed to be very good for corsets, but they're either closing down at the moment or have just closed down.. You might be able to snap up a bargain if they're still open.

Thanks ladies. Will have a look at the recommendations tomorrow. Blackrock is a bit far to trek on the off chance although I had seen that closing down thing on Facebook. Damn living in the sticks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The place off Grafton St might be Susan Hunter in the Westbury Mall? Not sure what their corsets are like but they stock fancy lingerie! http://www.susanhunterlingerie.ie/

Hi, just thought I'd update ye all cos you were lovely enough to give advice. Popped into Ann summers and brown Thomas and it made my eyes bleed the prices vs the quality they were charging. Basques with plastic boning for over €150!!
    So went over to retro and got a gorgeous corset that fits perfect with the proper steel boning. The quality of material is just a no brainier and they also had 25% off which was a big result!
    So one happy camper now also the proud owner of a gorgeous corset. Just want to put it on and go out now! Makes me stand up straight. Lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement