Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALDI Portable DVD player €60! Thurs 8th

• 04-04-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

You'll have to get there early for this one I'd say!

Note it says USB and SD playback too - wonder would be any good to use as USB player for home TV?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12549.htm
    7'' Portable DVD Player
    each €59.99 *

* High resolution LCD TFT display
    * Screen rotates 180° and folds completely flat
    * Plays DVD video, CD/MP3 music and JPEG photos
    * USB Input and SD card reader for video, music and photo playback
    * Integrated rechargeable battery
    * Accessories include remote control, earphones, in-car charger, mains adaptor, AV cables, all-in-one headrest carry case
    * Choose from Black, Silver or Electric Blue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I think this is the same model - this site has user manual to download:

http://www.fascin8.co.uk/f8/tevion/portable-dvd/7q-dvd-40656

Interesting site anyway - has info on region changing and other issues for ALDI/Medion equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    You'll have to get there early for this one I'd say!
    7'' Portable DVD Player
    each €59.99 *
    Looks like a great offer, but I agree, you will need to be there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

good player for the money, they had plenty in aldi galway 1 week after specials, last time, few months ago, as one of the 2 i bought for the kids was faulty, plays 16 gb sdhc card class 6, full of avi's, no problem,also use its as a back up on a technics amp, when technics cd player has its moments with mp3 files, battery life about 2 hrs when fully charged, , tried that region code thing, wont enter 'region code' screen, maybe 8888 not default, model looks the same tevion 40656

found this
    Re:Region free anyone know 40656 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago Karma: 12
    The 40656 DVD Player is automatically set to multi region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FredTroll

[mod edit- 1 week ban for trolling, I don't expect this account of yours will last and perhaps even your other one]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

FredTroll wrote: »
    Will this work with XP?

your question makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Has this got av input and output?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

chris1970 wrote: »
    good player for the money
    Whats the sound like without the earphones in? Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd only buy something like this after actually seeing it run. All the cheap players like this that I've got my hands on before had sh1t screens that'd drive you nuts to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Bob Z wrote: »
    Has this got av input and output?
    Looks to me like it has AV out all right but no sign of an AV input - why would you want an input anyway since it plays DVDs, USB and SD? Maybe for playing games or something??

Have a look at the manual on that website above for more detail - I'm fairly sure this is the same model as ALDI will be selling.
    db.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

There is a bit of info about it here http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-515826.html

Sounds like a bargain.

Also, what do ye mean by "trolling" earlier?

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Looks to me like it has AV out all right but no sign of an AV input - why would you want an input anyway since it plays DVDs, USB and SD? Maybe for playing games or something??

For filmming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭andy winter

Pre-ordered mine today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

There is a bit of info about it here http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-515826.html

Sounds like a bargain.

Also, what do ye mean by "trolling" earlier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Pre-ordered mine today! :D
    :confused: Pray tell...?

peckerhead wrote: »
    :confused: Pray tell...?

My friend works in an Aldi (gave him the money for two)

:)

Well did you get your's??

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Got mine, very happy indeed with it. Divx playback too.:D An absolute steal, especially with all those accessories.

Got mine, very happy indeed with it. Divx playback too.:D An absolute steal, especially with all those accessories.

Same here

I want to play a video from the MD/USB. How do you get it into DIVX format? I've avi and mpeg IV but says the disk is empty(won't recognise them)?

• Advertisement

I bought it btw. Great piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

ARGHHH! none left in dundalk in both stores!!! wanted to get one for my daughter especially with holidays coming soon, could have come in handy on the plane. would've been great for the car too,looks like i'll have to buy a dearer one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

anyone get any in the drogheda store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody check yet if this is multiregion?

I want to play a video from the MD/USB. How do you get it into DIVX format? I've avi and mpeg IV but says the disk is empty(won't recognise them)?

An AVI and a divx file is (sort of) the same thing. It might have a problem with that exact. Divx/xvid DVD players are good but they are not as good as Computers for playing files

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Sometimes you may need to re-encode an avi file to get it to play on a stand-alone player, depending on the codec used, etc. I find the free Any Video Converter does a good job. Just select an output type of AVI and the new file should play OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody check yet if this is multiregion?
    Anybody know? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

was needing a cd player, so i got one of these

as a dvd player its good. does all it needs to and pretty well
    as a usb player its a bit slow with pictures at are big in size and plays mp3s while doing a slideshow.
    i which it would tell me the song name and length of time when playing mp3s

i mainly using it as a basic cd player, it does display the time and track but the screensaver never kicks in, maybe its not meant to when player audio cds.
    so it looks like I have to turn the screen off because if i leave it on ill get "tevion" screen burn, so cant see what track and time of the cd.. bummer

the remote is not bad at all, better than i thought it would be.

its a bit of a mixed bag for me... i gave it 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Yes, it is multi region. Use the divx player to burn to dvd or directly play from usb. Plays my divx files no problem.

• Advertisement

According to the manual it only plays usb sticks up to 8 gb but It played my 16 gb stick although it didnt display the menu so you could only play play one clip after another

Advertisement