Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disc wheel for track & tt

• 10-12-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

im wondering does such thing as this exist - a disc wheel that is easily switchable between track spacing and road spacing.

from memory i think Corima used to do something, but cant find any information.

Any info welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

lennymc wrote: »
    im wondering does such thing as this exist - a disc wheel that is easily switchable between track spacing and road spacing.

from memory i think Corima used to do something, but cant find any information.

Any info welcome

Corima or Zipp did them. Hens teeth now apparently. You going back to track?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

You going back to track?

Cheers Harry, yeah, at some stage I will.

velodrome is opening any century now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The Pro lite Padova is swappable form track to road use
    http://www.pro-lite.net/track-wheels/padova-c-t
    They do not seem to be listed for sale in the usual places but a UK company sells rebaged versions under the quest brand
    https://www.questbikes.co.uk/acatalog/Quest-Disc-Wheel-821.html#SID=31

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Easy to do with a Zipp 900. Separate track axle can be bought and they are a doddle to switch over

Thanks guys, will have a look at those options

• Advertisement

Knowledge level here way superior to Uk site I asked the same question on last year. Told no such thing anymore.

Thanks guys, will have a look at those options

If you are interested in a cheaper option or find it difficult to source a new Pro-Lite, I reckon I have a Prolite Padova disc stuck in the attic back in the parents house. There is probably less than 15 miles total on it (Warm Up + 10mile TT) and i should also have the conversion kit in a bag somewhere.

Only caveat is that I am nearly certain there is a 10 speed shimano freehub body and it will be nearly 2 weeks before I can get down to the homeplace.

cunavalos wrote: »
    If you are interested in a cheaper option or find it difficult to source a new Pro-Lite, I reckon I have a Prolite Padova disc stuck in the attic back in the parents house. There is probably less than 15 miles total on it (Warm Up + 10mile TT) and i should also have the conversion kit in a bag somewhere.

Only caveat is that I am nearly certain there is a 10 speed shimano freehub body and it will be nearly 2 weeks before I can get down to the homeplace.

Thats not a huge caveat... 10 to 11 speed cassettes are easily available.. and you can machine 1mm or so off the back of an Ultegra cassette if push comes to shove.

If Lennymc not into it, I would be.

Sounds good - what sort of money would you be looking for it?

@quigs any more info on the 10-11 cassettes? (i know I should google it.... :))

• Advertisement

Look up edco cassettes.

Also look up converting 10 speed wheels to 11 by milling either the freehub carrier (does not work on all).. or ultegra cassette (cant be dura ace because the carrier is carbon not metal)

Apologies I missed this question earlier.

Depending on the condition i would probably be looking at somewhere between €350-400 but as i said earlier, i may not get the chance to get back home this side of Christmas

np - ill send you a pm

Advertisement