Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Their mission statement

So yeah, that's in their remit.
    Oh and it looks like India and China are polluting the sh*t (literally) out of our waterways too, but that's all a green conspiracy too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waste-water-treatment-problems-ireland-4888536-Nov2019/

We need to clean up our own back yard, it's a disgrace.

Your referencing of India and China now is actually juvenile. I suggest if you want anyone to take you serious you need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Their mission statement

So yeah, that's in their remit.
    Oh and it looks like India and China are polluting the sh*t (literally) out of our waterways too, but that's all a green conspiracy too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/waste-water-treatment-problems-ireland-4888536-Nov2019/

We need to clean up our own back yard, it's a disgrace.

That's from Wikipedia and references 3 statements that are all about climate, not biodiversity loss due to climate.

Yes we should clean up our own backyard and biodiversity loss is important, but ER don't seem to have any real proposals, ignore reality and appear to be full of hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Your referencing of India and China now is actually juvenile. I suggest if you want anyone to take you serious you need to cop on.

It's hard not to bring it up when every argument from people who think everything is rosy in Ireland mention India and bleedin' China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's hard not to bring it up when every argument from people who think everything is rosy in Ireland mention India and bleedin' China.

Haven't seen those two countries mentioned by anyone other than yourself in the last several comments and to my mind you do so as sneering contempt that adds nothing to anything you say. It actually makes it easier to dismiss you as a crank. However fire ahead if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Human apocalypse may be for the best all round .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

blinding wrote: »
    Human apocalypse may be for the best all round .

It will be and has someone posted earlier nature will strive once humans are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Haven't seen those two countries mentioned by anyone other than yourself in the last several comments and to my mind you do so as sneering contempt that adds nothing to anything you say. It actually makes it easier to dismiss you as a crank. However fire ahead if you wish.

Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Oh this just so appropriate to those who think Global Warming is a science fact:
    "In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason in an individual man."

- Galileo Galilei

And who was drawing attention to this?

Richard Feynman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

...that man? Albert Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

You gotta love this climate change scam. The Dutch authorities have reduced speed limits from 130km to 100km/hr, apparently to save the world. That should see a nice rise in the coffers of speeding fines. Who are they kidding?

It’s total bo***x. I did a run to Southampton recently. The majority of my run was on UK motorways and i constantly cruised at speeds of 130/140kmhr. Guess what? I got the best mpg i have ever seen on my car, 58mpg ...

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You gotta love this climate change scam. The Dutch authorities have reduced speed limits from 130km to 100km/hr, apparently to save the world. That should see a nice rise in the coffers of speeding fines. Who are they kidding?

It’s total bo***x. I did a run to Southampton recently. The majority of my run was on UK motorways and i constantly cruised at speeds of 130/140kmhr. Guess what? I got the best mpg i have ever seen on my car, 58mpg ...
    Sure thats no good at all from a TAX TAX TAX post of view;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Extinction rebellion block private jet terminal in Geneva.
    There goes they only want to hit the poor argument.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/16/extinction-rebellion-members-blockade-private-jet-terminal-used-wealthy-elites?amp

20Cent wrote: »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/16/extinction-rebellion-members-blockade-private-jet-terminal-used-wealthy-elites?amp

The morons are playing with fire if they start that craic. I wonder if they blocked the driveway of their parents, friends , neighbours SUV’s?

Well Done . About time .

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The morons are playing with fire if they start that craic. I wonder if they blocked the driveway of their parents, friends , neighbours SUV’s?
    It will be interesting to see if their Media Coverage suddenly dries up :eek:

They'll just have to bypass them via helicopter. I know I would.

blinding wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if their Media Coverage suddenly dries up :eek:

It won’t be long now until the true colours show when they don’t get their way, violence and riots will begin soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How many planes actually fly out of there a day? It must be minuscule in comparison to the 17m who use Geneva annually.

There were an estimated 1,700 private jet flights involved with the Davos Climate Change conference in Jan. For Just 2,500 people!

Private-jets-Davos-Climate.jpg

No doubt they would have recommended teleconferencing as a way to cut down on business travel.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Hope they blockade the next Climate Change conference.

cnocbui wrote: »
    There were an estimated 1,700 private jet flights involved with the Davos Climate Change conference in Jan. For Just 2,500 people!

Image%2B-%2Bprivjet.png

No doubt they would have recommended teleconferencing as a way to cut down on business travel.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Hope they blockade the next Climate Change conference.
    Somebody is having their Chain Pulled !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It will be and has someone posted earlier nature will strive once humans are gone

Yes, get rid of humans and no animal will become extinct again. Ever.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Remember, this is about humanities imminent extinction. I theorized earlier that increased warmth and CO2 would actually cause life on Earth to flourish, not die off. Looks like i am not the only ones to think so: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2019/10/plants-consume-more-water-climate-change-thirsty-future/?fbclid=IwAR0z5UM_5vtFp958Zn0FDjG7WKQZ0z2x0ra4nY5rvwjPIrBLkU-EihsV4ZM

I'm pretty sure that if plant life is going to thrive, we aren't going to die off. Everything always has to be cast as a negative to make sure we don't go thinking we can stop panicking. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭SeanW

Maybe because they realised that the working classes were not going to put up with their sh1t anymore.

BTW Still no answer as to who you were calling (in your words) "a climate change deniers" before.

SeanW wrote: »
    Maybe because they realised that the working classes were not going to put up with their sh1t anymore.

BTW Still no answer as to who you were calling (in your words) "a climate change deniers" before.

He probably thinks we are all “deniers” but that’s not necessarily the case. For me i’m not a “denier” but i’m in the “ i couldn’t give a toss” category.

SeanW wrote: »

Thought it was self explanatory.
    People who don't believe that anthropogenic climate change is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭SeanW

Thought it was self explanatory.
    People who don't believe that anthropogenic climate change is happening.
    Actually, your post confuses the matter even more. Denial is more than skepticism, including skepticism of the motives of alarmists. Has anyone on this thread specifically asserted that ACC is absolutely not happening?

BTW I note that XR still has not condemned the stupid, counter-productive policies of woke anti-nuclear "environmentalists" that are causing needless CO2 emissions, so I'm still skeptical of them.

Jeremy Corban and Boris Johnson say climate change is the biggest issue facing the world at the moment.

Well done XR for moving it to the top of issues.

Jeremy Corban and Boris Johnson say climate change is the biggest issue facing the world at the moment.

Well done XR for moving it to the top of issues.
    It does give the Two Boyos License ; To , TAX , TAX , TAX , TAX , TAX .

Ya never seen Politicians more happy about the end of the World !:eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭buried

What did they say they were going to do about it?

Was it something in the vein of what they usually say? Vapid meaningless rubbish?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭buried

"Lets get Brexit in the oven, but lets use a oven powered by the wind"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Advertisement