Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-11-2019, 17:23   #46
Nicetrustedcup

Myself teenage years I was a emo out and out.

Then went to college and then loved raves (never done pills), a rave to me was good music, drink and woman. Everyone I was at in college I have a story from that rave.
Don't think I be able for then now.

Now late 20s music wise it's everything and anything I go from David bowie to afi to panic at the disco to Steve aoki and so on.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-11-2019, 17:44   #47
Ragnar Lothbrok

Ska and punk in the late 70s and early 80s. I'm still a skinhead* today, never grew out of the style or the music. In general I hated the 80s music and style at the time. New Romantics me ar$e

(* 100% anti-fascist skinhead)

Love proper hardcore Rebel stuff too.
(3) thanks from:
18-11-2019, 22:42   #48
Ipso

Britpop. Nothing better than relaxing to UB40 or Def Leppard

Last edited by Ipso; 18-11-2019 at 23:16.
19-11-2019, 23:45   #49
dartboardio

Techno, open mics, byob events, food festivals, local band nights.

I suppose I should elaborate more like the rest of ye-

With music, anything goes. The playlist often ranges from 90s techno, acid techno, to folk music, rock, Spanish Latino music...with a bit of dance and 80s thrown in!

Shes a manneeeatteerr.. Oh here she comes. With a bit of dire straits, the cure,

Tune.

Music is a huge part of life. Used to be extremely passionate about it in my teen years, which has kind of faded, but I still try to make time for it, and make myself fall in love with songs again like I once did!

Last edited by dartboardio; 20-11-2019 at 18:08.
Thanks from:
20-11-2019, 02:16   #50
sligojoek

Meh.

I thought this thread was going to be about sex.
Advertisement
20-11-2019, 02:44   #51
Quantum Erasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligojoek View Post
Meh.

I thought this thread was going to be about sex.
Thanks from:
20-11-2019, 02:52   #52
Arghus

Growing up it was metal all the way.

Then my tastes broadened out and I listened to more classic rock. Discovered that, far from being dull stuff for the old bastards, The Beatles were the best band of all time - that kind of basic trajectory.

Got more into indieish type music, but still always retained a love for anything heavy involving a guy growling about dismembering people, that kind of thing.

These days I listen to a lot of different stuff -rock, metal, alternative (which is a bit of crap description), electronic, folk, hip-hop.

I don't know what scene that places me in. I know that 95% of my t-shirts are music related. I suppose I'm a metaller at heart and I'll always feel comfortable in some sweaty venue, which reeks of BO, with some fella on stage roaring his head off, but I'll generally go to most gigs that I can go to, regardless of genre.

I think once you get out of your twenties, to still actively take an interest in music - in the sense of seeking out new bands, acts or sounds and going to gigs - kind of becomes a "scene" in and of itself. Most of the people who I went to school or university with, who would have argued passionately, at length, about the merits of one album over another, or would have thought nothing of crossing the country to see a random band don't have quite the same passion for music that they once had. That's fair enough. Other responsibilities and interests develop in a person's life over time. People have kids and marriages to think about, I can understand how they mightn't have the time to check out the new FKA Twigs, or whatever.
(3) thanks from:
20-11-2019, 09:45   #53
topper75

Loads of stuff, but blues still the big one. I may or may not have been influenced by a dodgy movie back in the 80s starring Ralph Maccio.
20-11-2019, 09:56   #54
Stevieluvsye

Don't have a "scene" anymore, appreciate all good music but back in the late 90's, early noughties it was mainly trance. Picotto, Judge Jules, Seb Fontaine and the likes. Many a good night in the Temple, followed by a set by Lisa Lashes down in the crypt. Been to Ibiza on a few occasions

Great days
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-11-2019, 10:01   #55
Deebles McBeebles

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper75 View Post
Loads of stuff, but blues still the big one. I may or may not have been influenced by a dodgy movie back in the 80s starring Ralph Maccio.
I remember it well! A good/dodgy cameo from a certain Mr. Vai.
20-11-2019, 10:02   #56
sbsquarepants

Sex, drugs and rock and roll baby and in that order too....... well used to be, these days it's mostly just the rock and roll
(2) thanks from:
20-11-2019, 10:17   #57
Decuc500

Chapel Hill indie scene early to mid 90's, Grunge.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion