Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I don't know how long the Jeffrey Epstein docu-series has been up on Netflix but saw it over the last few days and I thought it was really good! Obviously I heard about it at the time and thought I knew the jist of the story but it goes into real detail and leaves you wondering did they only skim the surface of a wider operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I don't know how long the Jeffrey Epstein docu-series has been up on Netflix
    A few days, maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Backdraft is up on Netflix now. Not sure if recently added, but I hadn’t seen it before.

Excellent movie, stands up today as well as when it came out. Brilliant movie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I remember liking it as well. I'm sure if they made it today, they might actually get Irish actors. Probably Saoirse Ronan and Barry Keoghan. Of course they're the only 2 young Irish actors I can think of that are known internationally

Connell from Normal People for Cruise's part. "Tell me you like my chain!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Connell from Normal People for Cruise's part. "Tell me you like my chain!"

Sure he'll only emigrate to wherever his dad points to on the globe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Addams Family (the reboot from last year)
    Leading gloomy lives in isolation, a family of ghouls moves to a bland suburb where a reality TV show host's community plan cramps their style.

The Edge of Seventeen
    When Nadine's best (and only) friend starts dating her detested older brother, the teenage cynic's life becomes even more unbearable

Garth Brooks: The Road I'm On (will croke park be in there ?)
    Revealing interviews and archive footage tell the story of Garth Brooks' humble beginnings, rise to fame and unprecedented impact on country music.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 31,753 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    Leading gloomy lives in isolation, a family of ghouls moves to a bland suburb where a reality TV show host's community plan cramps their style.

The Edge of Seventeen
    When Nadine's best (and only) friend starts dating her detested older brother, the teenage cynic's life becomes even more unbearable

Revealing interviews and archive footage tell the story of Garth Brooks' humble beginnings, rise to fame and unprecedented impact on country music.

added
    The edge of seventeen is really excellent imo, much better than I was expecting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,737 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thanks peteeeed; as always, you the man.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,076 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gmisk wrote: »
    The edge of seventeen is really excellent imo, much better than I was expecting.

Yeah I really enjoyed that too, think I watched it on amazon prime a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,884 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Documentary

Ah so six one-hour episodes when one would have done :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]
    Ah so six one-hour episodes when one would have done :)
    ending with a not guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

More importantly, will Chris Gaines be in there?

[HTML][/HTML]
    ending with a not guilty

But did your nemesis murder her husband?

More importantly, will Chris Gaines be in there?

Is that emo garth?

Yep. I just remember the album being released. Don't think I ever heard any of the songs

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yep. I just remember the album being released. Don't think I ever heard any of the songs

I remember a bargain bin full of it beside the tills in HMV. Someone should make a documentary on the weird hold Garth Brooks has over the island of Ireland.

Personally, I blame it all on his roots.

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Thanks as always for your daily updates. They're the main reason I check this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Finding the peteeeed love very wholesome and heartwarming and exactly what we need these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Caliphate - bloody hell! What a last episode!

Watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watch it.

It really is a good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watch it.

Just watched first episode.....gripped. Will have it fin by 2m no doubt...

Spelling the Dream
    Following four hopeful competitors, this documentary explores Indian Americans' decades-long success at the biggest spelling contest in the U.S.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Spelling the Dream
    Following four hopeful competitors, this documentary explores Indian Americans' decades-long success at the biggest spelling contest in the U.S.

added
    Curious to hear if this is any good, sounds like a pleasant 90 minute watch. I was worried it could have been a 8 part hour long series.

I loved Spellbound (18 years ago :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Curious to hear if this is any good, sounds like a pleasant 90 minute watch. I was worried it could have been a 8 part hour long series.

Cant believe that's 18 years old

Wonder what those kids from Spellbound are doing now. Probably all CEOs

S.M.B. wrote: »

Spellbound was great , the mental torture sometimes is a tough watch and that ESPN a sports network were covering it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I remember a bargain bin full of it beside the tills in HMV. Someone should make a documentary on the weird hold Garth Brooks has over the island of Ireland.

All covered.
    I don’t think he intends to be as funny as he is. Takes himself very seriously.
    Entertaining show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not sure why it took me so long to watch Sunderland Til I Die, since I would consider myself a footy fan.

But got round to it recently, and must say I did enjoy it.

It really opens your eyes as to the mess that most football clubs probably are. They couldn't have picked a more basket case of a club I suppose, it was quality viewing at times.

Surprised how much I found myself rooting for them in the end, but it just shows how mad you'd be to get involved with putting your money into a soccer club. A US billionaire was clearing their massive debt every season yet he was the worst guy in the world according to the fans. Fans who repeatedly tell us they are 'the best fans in the world', yet only fill about a third of their stadium for home games. I suppose every fan thinks they are great, but they turn on the manager and team like all fans.

The OH really enjoyed it too, so I would say if you like a bit of drama, heartache, elation etc and don't think you'd like a soccer documentary, maybe give it a go.

I'm really looking forward to S3 of it, and how Covid goes down with them.

Edit: One thing I was really surprised about, in terms of its omission, was Brexit and the Nissan plant there. Brexit got a mention for about 20secs and no mention at all of the 7000 people who work in Nissan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not sure why it took me so long to watch Sunderland Til I Die, since I would consider myself a footy fan.

But got round to it recently, and must say I did enjoy it.

It really opens your eyes as to the mess that most football clubs probably are. They couldn't have picked a more basket case of a club I suppose, it was quality viewing at times.

Surprised how much I found myself rooting for them in the end, but it just shows how mad you'd be to get involved with putting your money into a soccer club. A US billionaire was clearing their massive debt every season yet he was the worst guy in the world according to the fans. Fans who repeatedly tell us they are 'the best fans in the world', yet only fill about a third of their stadium for home games. I suppose every fan thinks they are great, but they turn on the manager and team like all fans.

The OH really enjoyed it too, so I would say if you like a bit of drama, heartache, elation etc and don't think you'd like a soccer documentary, maybe give it a go.

I'm really looking forward to S3 of it, and how Covid goes down with them.

Edit: One thing I was really surprised about, in terms of its omission, was Brexit and the Nissan plant there. Brexit got a mention for about 20secs and no mention at all of the 7000 people who work in Nissan.

I really enjoyed it too. The makers of the show really got lucky with Sunderland. The show was originally intended to see their quest to get back to premiership. But they got a better story with their relegation. You have to feel sorry for the Sunderland fans!

Pretty sure I read that they didnt film this season so you won't get to see the whole virus situation or their current plight of fighting to get the season restarted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So there is no more STID???

Disappointed.

I really liked the new guys who took over too.
    The owner, in among the away fans in that huge game, think it was Portsmouth away, showed he is just a normal (very rich) bloke who had real passion for the club. Unfortunately, the way fans behave, he will eventually be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

And his posh right hand man, Charlie, was great. I thought he was a real upper class twit at the start, but to see him leaping out of his seat at games and cursing was great entertainment too. His passion was real as well.

Advertisement