Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,094 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    AH no need to go through that much trouble. You have given me the idea for a Christmas TV Advert playlist... might throw together a thread and compile the greatest Christmas TV Advert playlist. :)

Ah man, absolutely! Do a nominations & poll etc like we did before for songs & suchlike.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Back for the 5th year in a row allegedly!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Ah man, absolutely! Do a nominations & poll etc like we did before for songs & suchlike.

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Guide Dogs - Henry - Sponsor a Puppy - Accessible version

French ad for Bouygues Telecom: "Papa Noël"

• Advertisement

Burt's Bees Baby: Family Jammies

otnomart wrote: »
    M&S gears up to release ‘tasteful’ Christmas advert

"They’ve opted for stars that are already under contract and will focus more on food than on clothing"

The M&S ad will debut tomorrow.

It is set in a town in the Welsh Valleys.
    Some stills on preview here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7656751/M-S-Christmas-advert-star-host-Paddy-McGuinness-Big-Brothers-Emma-Willis.html

Yes, I did have a peek as I was curious !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Love the Argos effort this year, the first Christmas advert in a long time that has really stood out for me. Echoes of the Dairy Milk gorilla but with a Christmas theme. Great song choice too, a welcome change from the more obvious Christmas music picks.

Lidl UK: A Christmas you can believe in

Gap: Gift the Thought - The Hoodie

• Advertisement

M&S advert is here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

M&S advert is here

Note to self; don't watch M&S ads till after breakfast!

#starving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I saw my first Chistmas Add last night, ADLIs and I thought is was very poor.
    I thought the whole Elf thing was a bit meah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Asda 2019 Christmas advert will feature a grumpy cat called Mr Grumbles.
    Casting is open !
    https:/ /metro.co.uk/2019/09/06/asda-auditioning-cute-cats-2019-christmas-106

The dark grey one is IT!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

TRS30 wrote: »
    Note to self; don't watch M&S ads till after breakfast!

#starving
    The food looks AMAZING... Feed me :p

I think the ad overall is a bit boring though, I know they want to primarily showcase their food but the actors are quite stilted. Also is the song Albatross by Fleetwood Mac? It isn't a particularly Christmassy song :confused:

If we're doing a vote for worst Christmas ad ever that selfridges future Christmas one gets my vote. Worst Christmas ad I think I've ever seen!

The guide dogs one was such a clever idea. And I love that papa Noel one too.

Paddy and Emma sound so unnatural in the m&s ad even the food couldn't distract from it... Well maybe just a little... I guess I am pretty peckish after watching. Need to get some mince pies!!!!

That M&S advert is rubbish... a real poor effort. Assume its the first of 2 or 3 ones from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    That M&S advert is rubbish... a real poor effort. Assume its the first of 2 or 3 ones from them.

Yes I agree brutal

Disney Store & shopDisney Christmas Advert 2019

• Advertisement

Clogau

If we're doing a vote for worst Christmas ad ever that selfridges future Christmas one gets my vote. Worst Christmas ad I think I've ever seen!
    Agree with you - it reminds vaguely of the Burberry one from last year which was equally bad

Walmart Canada: Piggy Bank

de Bijenkorf (Department Store) Dutch advert

Mount & Minster Estate Agents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Apparently Kevin the Carrot is back in the first ad break in Emmerdale on virgin 1...so 10 mins or less

IKEA first ever UK and Ireland Christmas ad: Silence the Critics

M&S

Sky Movies

• Advertisement

That Ikea one might not be very Christmassy but it speaks to me on a personal level! :D

That m&s jumpers one is much better than the food one and Idris Elba could be singing an Easter song while dressed up for st.patricks day and I'd still be happy :D mmmmmmm Idris.

Advertisement