Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets see your Christmas Trees! (Don't quote photos!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Here's mine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Don't care (Atari Jaguar)
    5 foot tall potted Noble Fir tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Defo the earliest its been up in our house! Almost ready for the toy show now :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fungums wrote: »
    Defo the earliest its been up in our house! Almost ready for the toy show now :D

Looks great and you have the same tree topper as me! We're now bonded together forever by our Christmas Bond. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We got ours up today :)

• Advertisement

Garden Christmass tree is up and lit...thank god.

Plastic silver star from Ikeas for 2 euro.

Drilled a small hole in the bottom of it and wrapped a bit of garden wire around it and the tree top,to prevent it from blowing off in any winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/427178/231116.jpg

my christmas tree! even my dog is getting into the season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Wow, those trees are gorgeous! You guys should be professional Christmas tree decorators. :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Two balls of wool, a set of wobbly eyes + a pipe-cleaner and -- hey, presto -- one new tree ornament!

231203.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Have ours up since Saturday :D
    Its such a miserable day out there now, i cant wait to leave work and enjoy the cosy glow from the fairy lights.

Ho ho ho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

ene wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/427178/231116.jpg

my christmas tree! even my dog is getting into the season!!

They have a habit of finding there way into Christmas Tree Photo's alright! :D

5237905087_04df1d36f4.jpg
    robindch wrote: »
    Two balls of wool, a set of wobbly eyes + a pipe-cleaner and -- hey, presto -- one new tree ornament!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/25807/231203.jpg

This is my favourite Christmas carol:

Away in a Serving dish, no pasta for a bed,
    The little Lord FSM laid down His sweet head.
    The stars in the sky looked down where He lay,
    The little Lord FSM, asleep on the Bolognese.

The meatballs are lowing, the Tomato awakes,
    But little Lord FSM, no crying He makes;
    I love Thee, Lord FSM, look down from the sky
    And stay inside my belly till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord FSM, I ask Thee to stay
    Close by me forever, and love me, I pray;
    Bless all the dear Basil leaves in Thy tender care,
    And fit us for Heaven to live with Thee there.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

This is my effort this year. Top set of lights tested fine before putting on tree but half the set stopped working after going on the tree. Haven't had the time to fix yet. Thats why the top looks unbalanced with regard to lights. Didn't bother with the ropes of beads either and used them on the stairs garlands instead.

8241373025_cc901548ab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Live in an apartment so we only have a little 5 footer. Put it up yesterday cos I'm so excited!

Took off the star this evening and drilled a 6mm hole through the centre of it.

Took the very 1st LED light at the top of the tree and threaded it through the centre of the star (star from Ikea,cost a mere 2 euro).

Just to give the star a bit of a silhouette at night time,but it didnt seem to work that great though.

Ah well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So this is me (well mine) It looks better in real life I think. Also I didn't go mad with the decs everywhere this year (thank god. I have put my back out getting them out of the attic and can't move without agony now :()

8245237340_f4d6018dbe_m.jpg8245242704_cd0c2bf225_m.jpg8245249582_89b8094392_m.jpg

And my new train set :):

8244179193_d27dba2187_m.jpg

Indoor Noble Fir now up,decorated and lit...all thanks to my lovely little daughter.She had a great time with all the decorations.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

This is my Christmas Tree which was erected on 30th Nov for the bloody TOY SHOW!!! As a matter on interest according to the RTE Player the 1997 Late Late Toy Show was aired on the 15th Dec. Sign of the times eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I dunno if it's just me, but is it annoying for anyone else when pictures aren't embedded and you actually have to go to the effort of clicking into them? :o Would it be a good idea to give instructions in the OP as to how to embed an image?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

It's the most wonderful time of the year.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

lockie1983 wrote: »
    The earlier the better for the Toy Show it gives parents more time for presents ideas, Dec 15th leaves a little bit of a scramble if they see something good on the show!

Yeah, my mum always used to go a bit mad when my brother and I changed our lists when everything was practically wrapped, cos we saw something else on the toy show! In fact, we used to get reminders that the list had already gone to Santa and nothing could be done at this stage, so don't get too attached to the idea of something from the toy show if it wasn't already on our list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

It's the most wonderful time of the year.... :D

....and our hall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is ours.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Pictures and small amount of chat allowed
    My little brother and sister put up the tree today, not the most grand thing in the world, but it does the job.

231864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Here it is. Cant take any credit. Mrs Seafields did the handy work :)

232099.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Ours went up last Saturday (the 8th). It's a real tree, like every year. The picture of it in full isn't the greatest but you get the idea!

8261320158_9ba6e8918a_n.jpg

Close ups of a few of the decorations:

8256444192_bcdb03f0c3_n.jpg

8255324039_3d13c2d67d_n.jpg

8256405908_21416c1df6_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Sorry folks was trying to share a photo from Flickr but no joy! Will have to go off and try and find out how to get the url...

8261194679_389b16c124.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Our decorations are tacky and bright but we love them :D It's the first time for both my housemate and I to have our own tree, and we decided to go for the brightest colours we could find, to make a change from the sophisticated decorations in our parents' houses!

jMmer.jpg

23871_10151218999029565_1687530958_n.jpg

Our tree is a 6ft tree from Tesco but it's more like 5ft! One of our sets of lights failed so we only have 200 instead of 400 :( All tree decorations are from Penneys!

27887_10151218998944565_1885398963_n.jpg

Fireplace decorations are mainly from Home Store & More (XMAS letters, and gay prancing glittery reindeer :D) The Elf on the Shelf was sent from my sister in Oz and the stocking was €1.49 in Dealz :)

8261194679_389b16c124_b.jpg

• Advertisement

8261189117_e78e57c314.jpg
    second pic (hopefully):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement