Hi everyone, hope you're having a nice Christmas season. Just two things
UPDATED RULES (10/12/09)
1. From here on in, starting a thread to plug a website or event, whether it's yours or not, will get you an instant ban from the forum. There are no exceptions. The only way to get a thread about an event put in here is to PM one of the moderators first and wait for a reply.
2. We now have a sub-forum for talking about gift ideas and where one might get gifts. I ask that all threads on such topics be put there. There is a link at the top of the page, or, for the lazy among you, click here
Also, just so we're all on the same page, the following general rules apply, I'm sure you know most of them
The Golden Rule:
There is no free speech!
-This is a privately owned website. You do not have the right to say whatever you want on here. You are expected to obey the rules just like anyone else. Not following the rules will get you banned. It is very simple.
All spam threads will be deleted and user banned.
If you want to advertise, please get permission from the community managers by contacting email@example.com
- Posting other people phone numbers is a bannable offence. You should never post your own number on a thread as it is not guaranteed to be safe.
Posting in "rtrd"
Do not use text speak in this forum.
Pease do not post in bold
- Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion.
Arguing with a moderator
- Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, Pm the Cmod, AlmightyCushion.
If you are still dissatisfied after that take it to Helpdesk, NOT Feedback.
Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.
Any thread or post that contravenes the charter should be reported. When reporting a post, make sure you have good reason. Someone disagreeing with you is not a troll, not all arguments are abusive etc. Abusing this feature is frowned upon. If you report a post, it is always a good idea to say so in a thread. It is not required though, but it does reduce the number of repeated reported posts.
ALWAYS READ THE CHARTER!
The charter contains all the rules and guidelines. The charter may be updated at any time. Make sure you are up to date.
This is a requirement, and ignorance is not an excuse. There are different charters for every forum on Boards.ie, and reading them will prevent any problems.
All Unhelpful Posts Will Be Deleted.
If your post is not in the spirit of Christmas, unhelpful or just posting for the sake of it, it will be deleted.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your time here